fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

the new ones...
    Last Online

06.01.16 @ 12:55 PM
    Liked 25 Times in 9 Posts

hey,

i was planing to buy a guitar and try to learn how to play it... questions:

1- is it impossible for a 25 year old that works until 7:30 pm???

2- is EBMM axis model the same used by Eddie??? how much is it??? is it a good guitar???

3- should i get a teacher or can i lear by myself???

4- what's the best set for a beginer???

5- i've heard that wofie guitars are the worst cost benefit, is it true???

help guys...

------------------
    maybe i'm crazy,
    or just too high...

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

06.30.16 @ 09:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

EBMM are great guitars...hard to find now though...at least in Canada...I'm self taught but it would have been quicker to have had a teacher I guess I still could cause there is still plenty to always learn... 25 is a great age to learn 1-2 hours a day and soon you'll be runnin w/the devil...As for cost no idea being up in Canada and all 2500 Canadian is what 6 bucks U.S.(heeheehee)...9 through 42 is a good set of strings if that is what you're refering to...not too thick for new fingers...It really is easier than you think....once you get your fingers workin' you'll find light bulbs going off every couple days opening new doors and new passage ways to understand the six string noise maker... good luck my friend... Feel free to e-mail me with any questions you have I'm no expert but have been playing for twenty years and love to share any info if i know the answer don't give up...it will get easier .....

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

It's never too late to learn something you have an interest in. I stink at the guitar and all I have is a cheap $200 electric guitar, but I still have fun with it. That's what it's all about, fun. I have no gift for playing, so all I do is enjoy making a bit of noise and learning a few VH intros and riffs.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey Ted - here's my answers for ya. I'm 32 and have been playing for 20 years.
    Answer to #1:Absolutely fucking not. As for the axis models, I believe those are the ones they produced after Ed severed his working partnership with Ernie Ball. Brett should be able to clarify that for you. Around here, they run around $1200 to $1400. They're fine instruments, but if you want to spend anyhwere over a few hundred bucks, get one of the Wolfgang specials. I got one a few months ago, and I love it. Needless to say, I've been through a few axes in 20 years, but I would rate that one way up there, ESPECIALLY in terms of a first guitar.
    Take lessons from a teacher for about 8-10 months to learn the basics and some discipline, and then you can teach yourself a lot more after that. There's a plethora of material out there for self-instruction. As far as your set up goes, be sure to get a decent combo amp, preferably Marshall or Fender. I believe Ed's got a decent little 5150 combo out now, too. Good luck -

------------------
    RIGHT NOW....The original Van Halen is working together somewhere....
    RIGHT NOW.... I think I better buy some new shorts to change into....

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 11,541 Times in 4,916 Posts

Yes the Axis is the name of Ed's Ernie Ball guitar after he moved to Peavey. There really is no difference between the Axis and the Music Man, except the toggle switch is in a different place and I believe the neck is a little thicker on the Axis. Of course Ed's signature is not on the headstock either. The Axis is of course about $1,500 cheaper than trying to find a nice used EBMM.

------------------
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

C'mon Wolfman. You can't tell him to spend all this money on a guitar and amp when he is a beginner. What if he decides he doesnt like it, or doesn't have enough time for it?? Then that's alot of money down the tube. There's alot of things to be learned on guitar too, so I'd say take lessons for at least a year and half, maybe 2, or 3, or more, if you like lessons. Just have fun with you guitar Uncle Ted. I do.

------------------
    Nick "I've been to the edge, MMMMThere I stood and looked down."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well hell, he was asking about the Peavey AXIS models, Wolfie. That's not exactly chump change. I'm just saying if he wants a good quality guitar thats a great value for its' price, that's where the shit is at. As far as time to learn, play, and practice goes - you have as much time as you care to create for yourself. I understand what you're saying about potential wasted money, though.

------------------
    RIGHT NOW....The original Van Halen is working together somewhere....
    RIGHT NOW.... I think I better buy some new shorts to change into....

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.22.10 @ 04:57 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Uncle_ted my brother from Brasil ! ... Btw , it's never to late for learning the guitar stuff , if you really want a thing you finally will obtain : ovially eith a little bit of talent ! ...
    For starting the Axis guitar are cool , yep ... very cool , good neck , cool sound , but that kinda of guitar cost a lot !
    You may start with a Fender , maybe a cheap one of 300 dollars like the squires that are not bad considering the cost , or the Peavey Raptor ( about 300 dollars too ! ).
    For an Amp ? I think the cheaper one for starting with a nice drive tone is the Marshall Valvstate , that's a technology that incorporate the solid state stuff with a little tube as pre ! They sound quite nice , and with a 100W Marhall Walvstate you can play live with honor !
    That's my opinion !
    c ya later ... YUNNKKKKK

------------------
    Eddie_italian from Italy --- member of the G4

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

04.09.14 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

UT..

My advice is to definitely take lessons, even 1 or 2 days a week will be of benefit. I started 12 years ago and looking back I should have taken some lessons. I bought a Les Paul copy for $50 back then, I still have it and play it form time to time for the hell of it. I have since purchased additional guitars including a Wolfgang Standard.

Here is my best advice for beginners. Aside from lessons, look into Tablature. I remember starting to play I bought some books that had theory & practice exercises - these were pretty boring but I did them - but the point is this: what kept me playing guitar is obtaining tab for my favorite guitarists (EVH, Rik Emmett) and being able to play the rhythm's for my favorite songs. I thought this was so cool - I was playing Runnin' With the Devil! This kept my interest in playing guitar and gave me confidence to attempt more difficult rhythms and eventually solo's.

Obviously you are an EVH fan and have interest in the guitar - go for it. You don't need a $1500 Wolfy (yet!). With the internet you can find a boatload of EVH tab for free to keep your interest.

------------------
    A girl phoned me the other day and said ....
    "Come on over, there's nobody home"
    I went over. Nobody was home.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.14.10 @ 09:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's never too late to play guitar. I recommend going out and buying a $200-$250 guitar and a cheap amp to start off. Then after a year or so, when you know you want to keep playing, buy yourself a Wolfgang and 5150 amp and anything else you'd like. But I'd start off cheap and get anything with 6 strings on it just to learn. Then once you've learned, you can start worrying about the sound you want and all of that great stuff. I taught myself to play, but it would be better to take lessons. And just remember to have fun.

Brandon

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

the new ones...
    Last Online

06.01.16 @ 12:55 PM
    Liked 25 Times in 9 Posts

hey guys,

thanks a lot... i must confess that i never planned to start with a US$1,000.00 guitar, i was just trying to get a clue on how much would a Eddie guitar cost???

you're great people, it seems to me that the guitar room is just like the boot network, plenty of nice people with the same goals.

that's great to have you to help me... thanks a lot.

PS. Brandon, i'm glad to hear from you... i had a problem and wasn't able to reply to you(the boot trade if you don't remember), i'll be in touch on monday... i'm really sorry man.

------------------
    maybe i'm crazy,
    or just too high...

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Uncle Ted, I've got 4 EBMM EVH's, and I could sell you one of mine, but they're expensive. I'm in Canada as well. Being a beginner, you really probably shouldn't consider paying that kind of money for a guitar unless you want a collector's piece, and you're sure you'll stick with it. I'd recommend lessons as well to get you started properly, and avoid wasting time.
    I think wolfgang standards are great guiars, especially if you can find one of the first run models. The necks on them are excellent. The EBMM EVH has a smaller neck, and it's very fast(low action, and very smooth playing).
    The EVH's came strung with 9-40's, while the wolfs are strung with 9-42's.
    Also, not to ruffle any feathers of people on the links that I think are great guys, but I owned an axis, and apart from the neck warping, and the pickups sounding muddier than my EVh's, it just didn't feel or sound the same as my EVH's. I gave it the golden boot award and offed it.
    If you can't afford an EVH, I'd go with a Wolfgang. What ever you choose, good luck, and happy playing.

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Let me tell ya Mike, if your selling an EVHMM, put me in line!!!! Christ, I'd be willing to pay for a poll position to a EVHMM from you, cause I know you haven't beaten them up!

------------------
    Guitar Room player files http://www.freedrive.com/
    UN: vhlinks
    PW: vhlinks

Baluchitherium
    G4

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well let me know, Home. I'll sell the purple, or the honeyburst.

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

seriously?

------------------
    Guitar Room player files http://www.freedrive.com/
    UN: vhlinks
    PW: vhlinks