Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK maybe it's just me, but I am looking for a jem\Rg neck for a job I'm doing, I find one on ebay that I'm interested in for a decent price not great but decent, then I see that the guy wants $17.50 for shipping WHAAAAAA??? [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]
    Now I've sent a few necks around the country in my time and $10 covers it all, I emailed him to ask why shipping was so much and that $10 should cover it and look what I get back:

Rol,

If you read my auction, you'd notice that I am a very detailed person. I also make it very clear that shipping, handling, and
    insurance is a flat rate of $17.50. The 'shipping' and 'insurance' parts costs me $10. You are correct about that much.
    However,...the box and packing material costs me approx. $2.50. That leaves me a WHOLE WHOPPING $5 for handling. It takes me
    approx. one hour to drive to where I ship out of, pack up, and drive back. I haven't worked for $5 /hr. in a long time,...but what
    the heck! Anything for my fellow eBayers. If you want to spend your time packing and shipping for free, that's your prerogative.
    I doubt very much, however, that you "stripe replica guitars" for free. At least I'm not doing anything illegal. You can't say as
    much though, can you?

Thanks for the entertainment,
    Joe
    aka 'messenger13'

PS SOMEBODY CALL ME A DOCTOR!
    (or at least a LAWYER!)
    LOL

ok is this guy a moron to talk to someone wanting to buy something from him like that ??

so I send again:

> a simple explanation would have sufficed, I wasn't being a smart ass to you at all, it was a serious question ,I have a jem
    > project I'm working on that needs a neck and wondered why shipping was so much that's all, your remarks are uncalled for
    > I was planning on buying your neck what the hell is your problem ?
    > Rol

so then he tells me "Sorry I thought you had a sense of humor"

ok right
    my email back was :

I'm actually quite an established sit down comedian, but come on did you actually read what you sent ?? this is not kidding especially the "at least I'm not doing anything illegal you can't say as much", don't BS me you were being an ass plain and simple and you lost your business from me.

I got to thinking about it was I wrong here ?
    Rol.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh shit......get a lawyer......you've been doin' things that are illegal........

like selling replicas is like smokin' crack......

And who the fuck lives an hour away from the post office.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

maybe he's an hour away from the UPS depot, not the post office? who knows...

if i don't like any of the terms the seller lays out, i don't bid on it, period...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What an ass! Who is this fuckface so I never buy jack friggin' shit from him? Let me guess 2004 positive feedback too right. That is why I have a problem buying from E-bay. Someone said I was stupid, but this shit happens all the time. I got fucked buying a body there off of a Pos. 900000 feedbacker, who answered all my q's and was real polite. Nice job with the picks too I might add. Then he won't even reply to me now that I have this P.O.S. That is why I have problem with E-bay. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    "We don't need no stinkin' click!" -AL<br /><br />Here’s my 10 cents. My 2 cents is free. A nuisance, who sent, you send for me? -Eminem/The Eminem Show<br /><br />No. Now take off my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they breakup. -Adam Sandler/The Wedding Singer<br /><br />He's got huge, sharp, pointy....look at the bones! -John Cleese/Monty Python<br /><br />You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?!?-Adam Sandler/Happy Gilmore<br /><br />Tell 'em I want some snatch by the pool!-?/Slap Shot<br /><br />For such a small town, it sure has alot of assholes! -Classic bumper sticker!

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Yup, I got fucked once on shipping. This guy was selling a game and like always I waited till the end to buy. I got it for $5 and the meatheat charged me $15 for shipping [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] !!!

Since then I always get a firm shipping price before bidding.
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:00 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

E-bay has always technically been "a risk".....but so has driving on the highway, climbing on the monkey bars, buying a Def Leppard album, and doinking the girl from the furniture store without a condom. Whoops. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Things have been getting out of hand with that site for a while now.

It's too bad that people have to ruin something with as much awesome potential as E-Bay.

Very, very sad. [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]

Bid with confidence, MY ASS!!

Bid with CAUTION! [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

09.08.06 @ 11:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

what a prick...

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

guys an ass
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t Get This Stuff No More
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Why do you guys even bother going back and forth with these clowns? All of this emailing and arguing etc. $17.50 for shipping a guitar neck should be recognized as a ripoff simply by using common sense. I wouldn't expect to get a nice response if you're calling someone out on a money making scheme.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

GGB
    Last Online

09.20.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I gotta ask a question here...

If you do something that is legal, and then it becomes illegal and you stop, does that mean that you did something illegal? It does not.

Nonethess, he sounds like a pill, but regardless of beiong an ebay seller or any other type of retailer, handling charges are often inflated. At least he offered an explaination. I see products sold on television all the time that have outragous S/H charges. The bottom line is: is the total price of the aution worth it? Just like anything else in life, it's a matter of buyer beware.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ain't capitalism grand?

Bottom line... BUYER COVER YOUR ASS.

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Hoobastank6:
    Why do you guys even bother going back and forth with these clowns? All of this emailing and arguing etc. $17.50 for shipping a guitar neck should be recognized as a ripoff simply by using common sense. I wouldn't expect to get a nice response if you're calling someone out on a money making scheme.
    Yes I know you are correct, it's fault of mine, I try to be completly honest as I can when I deal with people and I guess I expect the same from others.
    Rol.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rolsguitars:
    "Yes I know you are correct, it's fault of mine, I try to be completly honest as I can when I deal with people and I guess I expect the same from others.
    Rol."

The sad thing is the regularity with which such an honest attitude is rewarded by disappointment. Nice to see not everyone's a cynical bastard like me, though! lol

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Live Music Capital of the World" Austin, Texas!
    Favorite VH Album

5150 Baby!
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

07.15.12 @ 04:57 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rol,

Give us the auction id and we'll send the guy some e-mails just like we did to the guy trying to pawn a Koren Wolf Spec. and a U.S. model. That'll show 'em not to mess with the guitar room posters!

Dan

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:00 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

Hate to say it, but nobody ever went to jail for being a jerk-off. Otherwise, I'd have been imprisoned a few times.

This guy wants $17 or whatever for shipping.....then fine, ignore the f*ckhead. He has the right to be a f*ck-face.

I don't think it's nearly the crime that passing off a Korean Wolf for an American Special is, but that's just my 2 cents.

One man is selling a bowl of ice cream for $25.....that's crazy.....so let him know you think he's f*cked, maintain eye contact, and then slowly back away. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

The other man is advertising a $1.50 cent 2002 Jordan basketball card as a $300 Jordan rookie card. He's charging $200, and trying to tell you it's "a steal".

THAT'S the dude *I* have a problem with.