Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have contemplated selling my Ibanez RG520 and buying a Kramer 1984 or Wolfgang of some sort (NOT Korean-I'll keep what I've got rather that have that). Someone in another topic mentioned the 1984 having a flat neck. Is that in reference to the shape, the fretboard radius or the neck just being flat along it's length? The one reason I don't have a WG yet is due to the neck shape, that's the one thing that keeps me on an Ibanez. I think it's called the Wizard neck. It just feels right in my hands. My question is: How does the 1984 neck compare to the WG?
    "Nothing is fool-proof for a sufficiently talented fool."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by I Scream Man:
    I have contemplated selling my Ibanez RG520 and buying a Kramer 1984 or Wolfgang of some sort (NOT Korean-I'll keep what I've got rather that have that). Someone in another topic mentioned the 1984 having a flat neck. Is that in reference to the shape, the fretboard radius or the neck just being flat along it's length? The one reason I don't have a WG yet is due to the neck shape, that's the one thing that keeps me on an Ibanez. I think it's called the Wizard neck. It just feels right in my hands. My question is: How does the 1984 neck compare to the WG?
    Hi,

The 1984 close to the WG , I just built a guitar for my son for Xmas using a wizard neck, those are wicked thin baby
    you won't find anything that thin unless it's custom or another Wizard, but anyway the WG is a bit chunkier than the 84'neck but I'm talkin' a smidgeon, everyone that I know that has played them has liked the contour, LarryJ can comment further he's played one also.
    Rol.