Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What kind of guitar did randy rhoads play?

oh and heres the guitar i play, its a Harmony, but i'm planning on getting a Flying V.

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0NABWBpgSsOaJKndimlTc6VMOUJm1fsXljpUz5Bjrb0a2l*yE6 3fFqSlSL4jDgzypatK58yC4*lf0e9Ah4sOLVA/guitar.jpg[/img]
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

FW,WACF,Van Halen 1, FUCK,Balance,5150
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

06.16.05 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

He PLayed three guitars. A white 1964 Les Paul custom if I am not Mistaken. THen the two I know. THere a a charvel Flying V with Polkadots on it and Bow Ties as Fret Markers ( I have heard this is the most expensive replica model to make at $8,000 or so but I'm not sure if it is true) then He had Grover Jackson make him a guitar that is shaped with a big wing on top and a little wing on the bottom, This has become the RR-(1, 3, or 5) model.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks, he was really a great guitar player, i think he shoud have never died. i miss his work [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

http://www.guitargods.com/GuitarGods/Rhoads/RRGear.htm
    There is a link. He is one of my favorite guitarist of all time. Not only was he a good guitarist he seemed like he was a great person.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i have tears in my eyes just listening to Dee Studio Outtakes. he seems really cool [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Randy Rhodes
    This is one of My favorite pages I'm looking to put that image on a t-shirt.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

you can make you're own t-shirts [img]smile.gif[/img]

that pic is so awesome.

[ March 09, 2002 at 05:14 PM: Message edited by: Mean_Street ]</p>

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you're talking about an epiphone flying V or something along those lines, you're better off with the Harmony.
    If it's an older Harmony, they were built better, played better, and were made in the US.
    Of course if you're just trying to look cool, without really caring what you're doing, or if you can't be bothered learning to play, then one guitar's as good as the next.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

that one is my dads, but see i want my own. i like the way flying v because it looks better. and i'm not trying to look cool, no one really cares if i play guitar, [img]smile.gif[/img] i really like playing them, but with no pick, its hard. (i keep losing them) lol

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'd say check out Jackson/Charvel guitars. We sell them where I work and they are great guitars.

Check out Jacksonguitars.com

They have pictures of the different Randy models available.

You can also check out the King V guitar that Dave Mustaine used to play until he got his own flying V signiture model.

Good luck.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thanks. i want to be famous so bad. and if i ever am when i grow up, and someone is interviewing me, i will definetly say Randy Rhoads and evh was my main influences. i cant believe randy died. you've gotta belive me, i'm crying [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] .

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My Randy Rhoads desktop [img]smile.gif[/img]
    [img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0MgDqCq8R07gPm0tbW8HOADMLln9xAK026i7o0LwwayBs!8CBN bM8bxn*ykIQJefsSh9HA9kmmUWWC*FpQ07F5A/rand.bmp[/img]