Register

Thread: Jennifer Batten

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, there isn't much going on with VH at the moment, and since Jennifer's one of my favorite guitarists, I thought I'd post this. She came to Toronto to do a clinic last week. Got to meet her outside while waiting, and then talk to her for about 1/2 hour inside after the clinic. She's a very cool lady, very easy to talk to, and plays as well as any male guitarist I've ever heard, and better than about 98% of them.
    She was using a Digitech unit called a GNX2, which gave her some amazing sounds, as she was going direct to the board. She's waiting to work again with Jeff Beck, but apparently he broke a finger working on one of his cars, and they're waiting for that to heal.
    The girl on the left is my daughter, who's kind of awestruck by Jennifer, as she's her favorite guitarist.
    If you get a chance to see her play I'd recommend it. Some of the stuff she can do is pretty unbelievable. You guys that live in Ca. and get to see guitarists of that caliber all the time are pretty lucky.

[ November 19, 2001 at 01:27 PM: Message edited by: tribb ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

The one with the :
    Favorite VH Song

high fast stuff.
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:09 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

She did alot of touring with Mikey Jackson right? I wonder what that was like.

Is that you on the right Tribb? You kinda look like Lief Garrett.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yea, her last tour with him was in 97. She said on her first tour she was told she could get anything she thought she needed for the tour, so she said she bought one of everything. She went nuts cause she was told she wouldn't have to pay for it till the tour was over, and then it was 40% off cause it was used. She talked quite a bit about her tours with MJ, but not in a negative way, as well as the the first time she met Ed. I had to ask her about that. Watching her play live is like listening to a cross between Steve Vai, and Satriani. She has so many tricks up her sleeve it's amazing.
    I was just planning to take a picture of her and my daughter, but the guy behind me said he'd take the picture for me, so what the hell. I stepped in and just stood there with a dopey look on my face, as usual.
    I've got my hair in a pony tail, even though it's not really long anymore.
    She was really good about letting me take a bunch more pictures in the club while she was playing too. I had some stuff, like cd's autographed, and then before I left I handed her a black magic marker and asked her to autograph my t shirt across the front and she just laughed and signed it. My daighter was emabarrased, but I had a great time.
    Lief Garret huh? No one likes a smart ass Steven B., but I've been called worse..lol

[ November 19, 2001 at 08:30 PM: Message edited by: tribb ]</p>

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool Tribb!
    Jennifer is awesome. I saw her on the 99" JB Who Else tour.
    Also people should note that she was the one wailing leads on a Britney Spears performance earlier this year. I think it was the AMA's

Peace
    GH4L

Choose Wisely Grasshopper

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yea, gtrhead, she mentioned Britney Spears, but she rolled her eyes and laughed when she mentioned it. She mentioned that since she's worked with MJ other bands think she's really expensive to hire, and apparently that's not the case.
    I've got a boot video of her in Toronto with Jeff Beck. I mentioned that it would have been nice to see her wind out more, but she said she was just hired as rhythm backup, so she does a lot of synthesizer stuff. Her guitar's wired with a synth pickup, as well as regular pickups, that uses a 13 pin connector. I think she said it was a roland synth pickup, but she was showing that Digitech unit, and it has quite a few sounds that she says she's using to record her new cd. She records all her original stuff at home, using pro tools that she says is a blast to use, but said she might do the final mix at steve vai's studio, using his engineer. She's still deciding, but it won't be out till the spring. She also said she uses marshalls on the beck tour.

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

cool bones tribb

more pics if you have them please!
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Although I took more pictures of her playing in the club, I'm an idiot at posting them and had to bug Goo to help me with this one. I don't really want to bug him again. I don't have a website to post them to.