Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Well, I just went through the custom shop to see what's available. You can choose a couple of types of wood: mahogany, ash, basswood, and alder.

No pickup options, this sucks!

Choice of stop tail piece or floyd, woo hoo.

And a bunch of color options, not much of a custom shop if you can't get different pickups.
    Your favorite band sucks.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

09.26.12 @ 10:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not only is the Custom Shop overpriced and very disappointing, Peavey's new "online" shopping leaves a little to be desired.

When you hit "buy it now", it asks for a zip code, then it gives you a list of dealers in your area. You select the dealer, and Peavey will order you a guitar through them but deliver it directly to you. This way, you are paying your local peavey dealer 30% to do absolutely nothing. Not only that, but the dealer's online prices are nowhere near as low as the prices that I've been quoted for things when I've visited the store....and when you get it from the store, you don't have to pay shipping.

What a let down.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

Not really a guitar revolution is it?

You can't even get your own custom paint job, you have to choose from there preset list of options.

A more fitting title would be the 'Wolfgang Option Shop'.

[ March 01, 2002 at 08:54 AM: Message edited by: xaminer ]</p>

Top Of The World
    Last Online

09.26.12 @ 10:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Upon closer inspection, I found the completely custom graphic paint job where you can send in a pic of what you want on your guitar. And this option can be yours for the amazing low price of only $2000!!!!

Last Online

12.07.17 @ 01:08 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

Originally posted by Prages:
    Upon closer inspection, I found the completely custom graphic paint job where you can send in a pic of what you want on your guitar. And this option can be yours for the amazing low price of only $2000!!!!
    Hey Prages,

You didn't by chance forget to take your finger of the zero button while typing that price, did you?????

Wow!

Existentially Uncertain Fontcow's Avatar
    Last Online

03.13.17 @ 07:58 PM
    Liked 868 Times in 463 Posts

I agree that they're judiciously stretching the truth by using the term "Custom", however, it's what I expect from anything remotely-related to Van Halen these days.

And, jeezus, are those prices for real? $2200-$3100???? Those guitars are not for regular guitar players or fans such as us. You really have to be either (a) a collector or (b) stinking filthy rich to afford those guitars. I can only dream that I, or anyone of us, will win one of them.

And just what exactly is the difference between a Custom, Custom Deluxe, Special Custom and Special Custom Deluxe? They all look the same to me...

Also, why don't they offer an actual EVH random stripe version? Seems logical to me, however, I wouldn't buy one because it's too "EVH" to me. Seems you'd have to be a little conceited to play a guitar with those random stripes!! LOOK AT ME! it would scream. I guess I just wonder why, if they're EVH's guitarline, wouldn't you offer that random stripe as an option?

[ March 01, 2002 at 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Fontcow ]</p>

Last Online

06.24.09 @ 01:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Do any of you find it interesting that the song they chose to play on the flash intro is Unchained? A song with absolutely no Peavey gear used to record it. Ed should have recorded a 30 second something new with a Wolfie/5150. Hilarious.

Existentially Uncertain Fontcow's Avatar
    Last Online

03.13.17 @ 07:58 PM
    Liked 868 Times in 463 Posts

Originally posted by stratogibson:
    Do any of you find it interesting that the song they chose to play on the flash intro is Unchained? A song with absolutely no Peavey gear used to record it. Ed should have recorded a 30 second something new with a Wolfie/5150. Hilarious.
    Haven't you learned that everything concerning Van Halen these days is an illusion?

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

Originally posted by Crown Royal:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Prages:
    Hey Prages,

You didn't by chance forget to take your finger of the zero button while typing that price, did you?????

Wow!
    </font>[/QUOTE]No dude, he didn't. It's really $2000 if you want to add your own graphic. Talk about a rip.

With standard equipment, that brings the total price of the wolfgang to over $4000. No way in hell would I pay that much for that guitar.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Are you guys really that surprised?

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.26.07 @ 11:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[cough] RIP OFF! [cough]
    My first time in the spotlight was from a helicopter.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.14.10 @ 09:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good gosh, talk about being WAY OVERPRICED!! I gotta admit though, I really like the top on this one. http://www.peavey.com/evhcustomshop/...stdcustlg.html

I wouldn't pay $3,000 for it though.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Fontcow:

Also, why don't they offer an actual EVH random stripe version? Seems logical to me, however, I wouldn't buy one because it's too "EVH" to me. Seems you'd have to be a little conceited to play a guitar with those random stripes!! LOOK AT ME! it would scream. I guess I just wonder why, if they're EVH's guitarline, wouldn't you offer that random stripe as an option?
    Because Ed is still anal about that, when peavey first announced the Custom shop they recieved over
    1000 emails wanting Eds striped guitar, he said NO ! I mean he doesn't want anyone having his stuff but he has a signature amp and a line of guitars..... he continues to make no sence and I will continue to stripe [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    later,
    Rol.

Last Online

01.15.07 @ 05:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

To be honest, I've lost interest in most anything
    Van Halen, and now I've lost hope for EVH/Peavey.
    In fact, this is my first visit to this site in a couple weeks. I cannot believe the prices on the 'Custom Shop' Wolfgangs. There aren't any options that appeal to me. I was hoping for different pickups and if nothing else, coil split ones. I just don't think that the Wolfgang is worth $4000. Some people who took the time to make their 'dream Wolf' came up with some figures like this. In all crudeness, fuck that! It's still a Peavey, and it's still going to be worth much less as soon as you get it home and strum it.
    Even the basic Wolfgang models are way overpriced IMHO. For what they are, their not worth $2000.
    A thousand maybe. For this kind of money, I'd buy some vintage gear and enjoy playing it while I watch it's value go UP over the years instead of down. Maybe I'm a little bitter, cause I just swallowed $600 on a Stoptail Standard that I paid
    $1300 for in early '99. For several weeks the best price I was offered for it was $700. And that was from a dealer whom I was trying to work out a trade with for a Les Paul. No more Wolfgangs for me. I wonder how much of the cut Peavey had to give EVH to stay. $1000 a guitar?