Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

uh?....Humans Being?(tough question)
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between a standard and a speacial EVH Wolfgang ? I'm currently looking into buying one of these bad boys, and so here I am looking for some info. If someone has some tips on what to look for, it would be greatly apperciated.
    THANKS.

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:40 PM
    Liked 734 Times in 347 Posts

Standard: Carved top, tone and volume knobs, Birdseye Maple neck,10 degree backtilt on the headstock, and Schaller tuning machines with pearloid buttons on the transparent top ones, and body binding. Solid color tops are either basswood or maple, and are matched with Ivory colored tuning buttons.

Special: Flat top, Rock Maple neck, straight headstock, all chrome tuning machines, one volume knob, no body binding on solid colors, faux binding on the Flametop Specials. Body is constructed of basswood.

The Quilt top Special is made in Korea, and not in the same league with the U.S.A. made models, but is a good guitar for an import, and is an alternative for the guy who wants to have U.S.A. model, but can't afford one.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

On Fire
    Galveston Island (2 miles south of TEXAS)
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

sinners swing
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 07:04 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

Do yourself a favor and don't buy one of these piece of shit guitars. Peavey has never made a quality guitar. The only reason anybody buys one is because of ED. Their resale sucks to! Don't buy anything you can't resale for what you have in it. If you want a good guitar,buy a Fender. Not one of the new ones, but a reissue or a custom shop. If you want a GOOD EVH guitar get a music man. Those were quality instruments ( Too bad Ed fucked his wife.) That's just my opinion.
    "The problem with self-improvement is knowing when to quit." -David Lee Roth

Banned!
    Last Online

02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

don't listen to speed.

the standard is an amazing guitar, with amazing quality. speed has no clue what he's talking about.

i'm not a fan of the special but that could be something you may be interested in.

the reason i got the guitar is because wolfs have the most comfortable neck out there - nothing comes even close.

best thing is to go and see if you can find both at a store, play them and decide for your self.

[ December 25, 2002, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: lil'devil ]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by speedtruckermf:
    Do yourself a favor and don't buy one of these piece of shit guitars. Peavey has never made a quality guitar. The only reason anybody buys one is because of ED. Their resale sucks to! Don't buy anything you can't resale for what you have in it. If you want a good guitar,buy a Fender. Not one of the new ones, but a reissue or a custom shop. If you want a GOOD EVH guitar get a music man. Those were quality instruments ( Too bad Ed fucked his wife.) That's just my opinion.
    Ya know? You do have a valid point. Peavey produced only subpar guitars that made Fender Squiers look like a million bucks, and no one bragged about playing them before Ed endorsed. They were always well known for their amps and PA equipment, but for a guitar, it was always garbage... Even if you go to the site and look up the artists' page, EVH is just about the only one (aside from a few bass players) with a guitar. Guitarists mentioned on Peavey's site use amps and what not, but not the guitars... See for yourself before the flaming begins...
    Peavey Artists

[ December 25, 2002, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: el_jalepeno ]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by el_jalepeno:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by speedtruckermf:
    Ya know? You do have a valid point. Peavey produced only subpar guitars that made Fender Squiers look like a million bucks, and no one bragged about playing them before Ed endorsed. They were always well known for their amps and PA equipment, but for a guitar, it was always garbage... Even if you go to the site and look up the artists' page, EVH is just about the only one (aside from a few bass players) with a guitar. Guitarists mentioned on Peavey's site use amps and what not, but not the guitars... See for yourself before the flaming begins...
    Peavey Artists
    </font>[/QUOTE]that's something that was pretty common knowledge, Even a few of the Peavey dealers were saying the same thing, now again this is only 2 dealers out of how many ?? but they were afraid the they would drop the ball on a high end guitar.
    Now overall I think Peavey has done pretty well
    for a mass produced guitar, the only thing I can say is that from guitar to guitar they are soooo different in feel and playability, I have been through well, hell I lost count but I have owned several wolfs, one of the first to leave the door
    a purple quilt and it was just pitiful for $1700 plus bucks, but since then at least 6 I have owned and countless that I painted (the specials)
    out of all those there were only 2 I liked, one a black standard and the other a special, I did not like any on the flametop standards or the Flametop specials only a black standard (1 out of 2 I had) and 1 special (out of countless)
    On the other hand I like any MM I pick up, they all feel sound and play the same to me very dependable guitar IMO even this latest Musicman EX that I buoght from Japan feels just as I rememebred my MM's feeling.
    just my 2 cents.
    Rol.