Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

VH2, and Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey guys, you'll have to excuse me cause i'm still relatively new to all this tapping stuff. I started out playin like a year and a half ago on an Ibanez that i got that came with one of those lil 15 watt amps. It was some package deal cause i got some other stuff and an Andy Timmons vhs which is very cool by the way. Anywho, I just purchased a 50 watt Rogue Amp cause truthfully thats all i could afford right now..my question is that when i would do the tapped harmonics on the lil crappy 15 watter i mean you couldnt really hear it and i didnt know if it was just my guitar or the small amp. I'm playin a EBMM clone right now and i'm thinkin about gettin me a Kramer Barretta as soon as i get the cash. I just wanna know if the 50watt amp will help me hear the harmonics more or if i should just think about gettin a better guitar instead of usin a clone as my main axe. Any suggestions would be great guys thanks.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The amp will definitely help because of the extra gain you'll have, but a lot of it lies in perfecting the technique as well. Be sure to hammer the fret you are producing your harmonic on squarely, and these work best when you are hammering a fret that is 5, 7, or 12 frets above the original note. Make sure you are fretting the root note (left hand) firmly as well, because when you tap the harmonics you are generating the overtones from that original note. You can also ring them at other intervals as well, particularly 4 and 9 frets above, after some practice and getting comfortable with the technique. The extra gain from the amp will help with those in particular.

[ August 05, 2002, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Wolfman ]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

VH2, and Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey thanks Wolfman..i was a lil worried that i was wasting money on a new amp but now i feel pretty good about it. I only paid 120 for it so it wasnt really that big of deal anyways. Anywho thanks for the reply and i'll be sure to practice my ass off so i can get the technique down. Laters