Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK guys...I don't want any speeches on "it's in his fingers!" As I read these message boards I see many different levels of guitar playing Eddie which is awesome but I need some help from a few of you that I can tell know your stuff. 5150 amp, wolfgang, and MXR pedals will get you started at a taste of the old sound but I am past that. I am trying to fumble with the For unlawful, balance and greatest hits tone. I have plenty of rack gear, couple of cabs and a 5150 head. I've got the EBMM's and wolfies. My sound is pretty mushy-do you guys have suggestions? Whats the harmonizer for (just high quality chorus? detuned about 2 cents?)Why a cab simulator? How do I hook up two cabs in stereo with wet/dry mix? I know that was a lot of questions but I know somebody out there is a gearhead like me only striving for that balance tone! I love the tone on pleasure dome and CGTSNM. Any help would be great! Thanks guys

Favorite VH Album

Tabula Rasa
    Last Online

09.26.16 @ 09:54 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Uh good questions...

Well the harmonizer is an important part of eddie setup and yes is just a sort of hi quality chorus (i detune it at +6 and -6 cents)
    Here's eddie's basic setup:

From head (it's got to be a 5150 to have f.u.c.k. sound, not marshall) one speaker output goes to one cabinet , while the other speaker output goes to speaker emulator.
    From the speaker emulator you obtain a line level output, (it emulates speaker's load so it won't damage the amp). From there the signal goes into harmonizer (it handles only line level signal - don't connect speaker output to anything that's not a cabinet!!!-)and from each output goes to a different power amp, from there to 2 speakers cabinet.

So you have one cabinet with dry signal and two wet (with effects).
    I hope it was clear (my english is not so good, im from italy)
    If you want more feel free to email me!

Last Online

10.21.16 @ 05:49 AM
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

You can avoid mushy tone by not overloading on the distortion. On a 5150, run your pre-gain anywhere from 4-7 and run your post around 4-6. When I had my 5150 it didn't get into that "headroom" style of distortion until it was up around 5. . .really loud, but clear and not too buzzy. If you are using a speaker simulator, you can really crank your posts to smooth out the sound and keep your overall volume down with your power amps.