Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Good Enough nobozos's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.16.00
    Location
    Pekin, Il U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,743
    Last Online

    12.09.17 @ 07:17 AM
    Likes
    22
    Liked 724 Times in 341 Posts

    I was working up in Chigagoland again today, so I had to make my obligatory trip to one of the Guitar Centers up there. Today I went to the one on Roosevelt Rd.
    Anyway, sitting on a stand next to all the new Ernie Ball stuff is a used Wolfgang Special Quilt Top(Korean).

    Here's where things get crazy.

    The price marked on the guitar is: $875.00!??!!!, and it was marked as used on the tag.

    That is not even the craziest part. The neck pickup had been removed, and replaced with a SINGLE COIL PICKUP!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's right folks, a single coil pickup installed in the hole made for a humbucker.
    I'm not even sure what kind of pickup it was, but it wasn't a Duncan or a DiMarzio. It was a real shitty installation too, electrical tape showing on the wires and everything.

    I didn't even bother to try to explain to the staff that you could get a brand new U.S.A. made Wolfgang Special, which had not been mutilated, for as much as what they had this astounding piece of shit marked for. I just figured that either they were stupid, and got fucked on the trade, or they were counting on someone stupid to come in so that they could fuck them. Either way, I figured the only thing it would do is piss them off if I brought it to their attention.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

  2. #2
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    08.10.02
    Age
    45
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    77
    Favorite VH Album

    F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

    RUNAROUND
    Last Online

    09.11.13 @ 09:10 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    no they are just really that retarded.i traded the one on cicero ave. an amber wolfgang standard and $400 for a basically brand new EBMM EVH model guitar last year. Not the Axis mind you.Not to mention the Wolf was in pretty rough shape. I just don't get it but my gain right....piss on em if they wanna hire idiots whose only knowledge in guitars is that some have 4 strings and others have 6 who cares why just sell em'
    Give me a bottle of anything and a jelly donut.....TO GO!!!!<br /> DLR 86'

  3. #3
    5150 TheCaboKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.23.02
    Posts
    563
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dirty Movies
    Last Online

    06.24.15 @ 01:26 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Originally posted by nobozos:

    That is not even the craziest part. The neck pickup had been removed, and replaced with a SINGLE COIL PICKUP!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's right folks, a single coil pickup installed in the hole made for a humbucker.
    I'm not even sure what kind of pickup it was, but it wasn't a Duncan or a DiMarzio. It was a real shitty installation too, electrical tape showing on the wires and everything.

    [/QB]
    Dude,
    I've seen stuff like this before. I went to Guitar Center in Arlington, Texas. The Wolfgang Special I saw had the tone and volume knobs just kinda in the body connected to nothing!! It seemed like the guitar was hollowed out. When I played it, it didn't play. And was excited 'cause I had never played one before. That was my first experience with a Wolfgang. Oh yeah price tag was around $850.00. The staff was like o.k. we must have overlooked it.
    "Well, he's an intelligent, well-read guy. But it's like he can't connect the dots somehow." (EVH Guitar World, March 1998).

    GP: "Did you use a pick for "Spanish Fly"?

    EVH: "Yeah, except for the part near the end that sounds like Montoya or something."

  4. #4
    Eruption TheMightyCopenHalenII's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.20.01
    Location
    Liberal's Paradise
    Posts
    706
    Favorite VH Album

    All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

    Too many to name
    Last Online

    07.16.12 @ 10:56 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Originally posted by nobozos:
    I was working up in Chigagoland again today, so I had to make my obligatory trip to one of the Guitar Centers up there. Today I went to the one on Roosevelt Rd.
    Anyway, sitting on a stand next to all the new Ernie Ball stuff is a used Wolfgang Special Quilt Top(Korean).

    Here's where things get crazy.

    The price marked on the guitar is: $875.00!??!!!, and it was marked as used on the tag.

    That is not even the craziest part. The neck pickup had been removed, and replaced with a SINGLE COIL PICKUP!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's right folks, a single coil pickup installed in the hole made for a humbucker.
    I'm not even sure what kind of pickup it was, but it wasn't a Duncan or a DiMarzio. It was a real shitty installation too, electrical tape showing on the wires and everything.

    I didn't even bother to try to explain to the staff that you could get a brand new U.S.A. made Wolfgang Special, which had not been mutilated, for as much as what they had this astounding piece of shit marked for. I just figured that either they were stupid, and got fucked on the trade, or they were counting on someone stupid to come in so that they could fuck them. Either way, I figured the only thing it would do is piss them off if I brought it to their attention.
    I would've called em out, I love fucking with those bastards.

    I don't care if it's just little Johnnyimworkingherecollectingapaycheck, tough shit. I used to like Sam Ash better, but now I can't decide who sucks more.

    The idiocy is running rampant in music stores these days, I don't care if its chain or not (granted you still got some good local boys), and I don't think there's any mystique out there as to why.
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

  5. #5
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    02.18.00
    Location
    Cowtown
    Posts
    5,196
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Originally posted by nobozos:
    Either way, I figured the only thing it would do is piss them off if I brought it to their attention.
    that's why you shoulda brought it to their attention! i think the look on their face woulda been worth it.

  6. #6
    Eruption
    Join Date
    12.27.01
    Location
    NEW YAWK CITAY
    Posts
    763
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Bottoms Up
    Last Online

    01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    you guys know about how I got a $3000.00 Paul Reed Smith at Guitar Center for $800.00
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

  7. #7
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    12.06.01
    Age
    45
    Location
    Yuma, AZ
    Posts
    2,056
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Hey Smudge, I never heard the story!

  8. #8
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    02.18.00
    Location
    Cowtown
    Posts
    5,196
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Originally posted by SMUDGE NYC:
    you guys know about how I got a $3000.00 Paul Reed Smith at Guitar Center for $800.00
    attaboy!!! :smartshopper: :jealous:

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Can someone explain this?
    By BottomsUp72 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04.18.05, 12:49 PM
  2. CAN YOU EXPLAIN THIS?
    By Albertino in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07.18.02, 08:26 AM
  3. CAN YOU EXPLAIN THIS?
    By Albertino in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07.18.02, 08:26 AM
  4. Please Explain
    By Jerry in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05.08.02, 09:42 PM
  5. Please Explain
    By Jerry in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05.03.02, 10:57 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •