Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: HEY ROL BABY.

  1. #1
    Banned!
    Join Date
    09.20.02
    Age
    47
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    241
    Favorite VH Album

    their next one
    Favorite VH Song

    dance the night away
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    On a recent cover of a guitar magazine, there was a band called weezer on the cover, and one of the guys in that band had Van Halen guitar.
    Was it one of yours or the real Mccoy?

  2. #2
    Eruption rolsguitars's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.18.01
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    858
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About it later
    Last Online

    01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Originally posted by bobthyfan:
    On a recent cover of a guitar magazine, there was a band called weezer on the cover, and one of the guys in that band had Van Halen guitar.
    Was it one of yours or the real Mccoy?
    That was the real Mccoy, it was the original neck from the 1984 used as Eds backup to the 5150 and just one of his unknown many striped Kramer bodies.
    However it's funny you should ask, I was contacted
    by the publishers for that mag wanting to rent\buy one of my guitars for that cover, I didn't believe them at first, they also offered to do an article on me in that mag.
    I eventually turned it down I knew the Lawyer stuff was coming and I didn't know what other kind of trouble I would get myself into, I'm a small one guy operation, it would have been way too much exposure.
    I do this for fun not a living.
    Rol.

  3. #3
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    06.28.02
    Age
    42
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,945
    Last Online

    12.09.17 @ 08:19 PM
    Likes
    286
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

    I eventually turned it down I knew the Lawyer stuff was coming and I didn't know what other kind of trouble I would get myself into.

    I'm a small one guy operation, it would have been way too much exposure.

    I do this for fun not a living.
    Rol.
    This pretty much tells you all you need to know about Rol.

    Rol, you are a class act, and I'm glad you're here in these forums.
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

    - Maj

  4. #4
    Banned!
    Join Date
    09.20.02
    Age
    47
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    241
    Favorite VH Album

    their next one
    Favorite VH Song

    dance the night away
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    How can a guy get a paint copywrite? That is like me getting a copywrite on car with bondo and rust on it. Rol I think Ed had somthing to do with Gibson re-issuing His kramer for 700 dollars a pop. Let's put the van halen brothers on a bus and ship them to TiJuanna!

  5. #5
    On Fire
    Join Date
    12.29.01
    Location
    Phenix City, AL
    Posts
    356
    Favorite VH Album

    VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Originally posted by bobthyfan:
    How can a guy get a paint copywrite? That is like me getting a copywrite on car with bondo and rust on it. Rol I think Ed had somthing to do with Gibson re-issuing His kramer for 700 dollars a pop. Let's put the van halen brothers on a bus and ship them to TiJuanna!
    Actually, you're talking to the guy who had MusicYo bring out the Kramer 1984. It was Rol who helped them get it into production.

  6. #6
    Banned!
    Join Date
    09.20.02
    Age
    47
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    241
    Favorite VH Album

    their next one
    Favorite VH Song

    dance the night away
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I diddn't know the facts, sorry! but can we still ship the Van Halen brothers to Tijuanna or San salvador or somthing?

  7. #7
    Banned!
    Join Date
    09.20.02
    Age
    47
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    241
    Favorite VH Album

    their next one
    Favorite VH Song

    dance the night away
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I jacked up my gold paint on my guitar, so I'm gonna stripe it and call it goldenstrat. Rol you are free to copy it and I will not sue you.

  8. #8
    Eruption rolsguitars's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.18.01
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    858
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About it later
    Last Online

    01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Originally posted by Majestic:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> I eventually turned it down I knew the Lawyer stuff was coming and I didn't know what other kind of trouble I would get myself into.

    I'm a small one guy operation, it would have been way too much exposure.

    I do this for fun not a living.
    Rol.
    This pretty much tells you all you need to know about Rol.

    Rol, you are a class act, and I'm glad you're here in these forums.
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

    - Maj
    </font>[/QUOTE]Thank you [img]redface.gif[/img] and it's joy to be here, I've been on several forums over the years and this is by far my home on the net, I like most everyone here and everyone contributes without flaming, although sometimes flaming is fun [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] we have disagreements but do it like grown men not chidren
    Also I would like to say to all my fellow guitar room posters , I'm not the only guy in here who builds or has built or knows guitars I can't remember who they all are Tribb comes to mind

  9. #9
    Eruption rolsguitars's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.18.01
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    858
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About it later
    Last Online

    01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Originally posted by Majestic:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> I eventually turned it down I knew the Lawyer stuff was coming and I didn't know what other kind of trouble I would get myself into.

    I'm a small one guy operation, it would have been way too much exposure.

    I do this for fun not a living.
    Rol.
    This pretty much tells you all you need to know about Rol.

    Rol, you are a class act, and I'm glad you're here in these forums.
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

    - Maj
    </font>[/QUOTE]Thank you [img]redface.gif[/img] and it's joy to be here, I've been on several forums over the years and this is by far my home on the net, I like most everyone here and everyone contributes without flaming, although sometimes flaming is fun [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] we have disagreements but do it like grown men not chidren
    Also I would like to say to all my fellow guitar room posters , there are other guys in here who build or have built or knows guitars, I can't remember who they all are, Tribb comes to mind, and don't get me wrong I love to help anyway I can
    and will awlays amswer any question I can,
    but lets not forget the plethora of knowledge we have in this room.
    Rol. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Another Baby...
    By JCJanko in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06.03.06, 08:09 AM
  2. Baby on the way!!!
    By Buschman in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 05.04.06, 08:09 AM
  3. New Baby
    By tribb in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12.15.02, 12:14 PM
  4. Cry baby
    By Edward Van Halen in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10.08.00, 02:05 PM
  5. Baby Boy
    By Ed6150 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08.04.00, 03:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •