On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

van halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi I finall got some money and im am going to buy a big amp. I was thinking about a marshall jcm 800 or a lee jackson. here are the sound iam loooking for, the zakk wylde ozzy sound, scorpions,bonjovi,steve vais fire garden. What will work?
    Bringing real guitar solos back to music-RIP rhoads and Srv-Rock on vai-Wylde-slash-and eddie!!!!!!!!!!<br /> "I don't like to push the envelope, Id rather chuck grenades into it!" -Ted Nugent-<br /><br /> =PASSION AND WARFARE=<br /> "That stevie vai, what a nice little boy!" -the audience is listening-

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

I've only had an 800 and they're great, not very versitile, but great non the less
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You're describing an extreme shift in sound from Zakk to Bon Jovi, to Steve Vai. The 800 will never do that all on it's own. That's one reason why all those guys use completely different amps, as well as guitars, which you have to take into account as well.
    Plug a mahogany les paul with humbuckers into an 800, it's day. Plug a basswood guitar with humbuckers in, it's night. Plug in a single coil alder strat, it's next week.
    What I'm saying is, if you want completely different sounds stick to one amp and try switching guitars. Of course you might need a pedal or two in front of the amp as well.

[ September 22, 2001 at 04:26 PM: Message edited by: tribb ]