Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I contacted my local peavey dealer about a peavey evh custom shop guitar and he wouldn't come down on the $3199 msrp from peaveys web site. His shop has never sold one so he really didn't know what he was doing. He takes 25% off the msrp on the regular wolfgangs. My question is are peavey dealers supposed to take 25% off of the custom shop guitars also? Thanks for any help you can offer!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by redrocker55:
    I contacted my local peavey dealer about a peavey evh custom shop guitar and he wouldn't come down on the $3199 msrp from peaveys web site. His shop has never sold one so he really didn't know what he was doing. He takes 25% off the msrp on the regular wolfgangs. My question is are peavey dealers supposed to take 25% off of the custom shop guitars also? Thanks for any help you can offer!
    Why would they have to take off from a Custom Shop guitar? No disrespect, but it doesn't seem to make sense on a custom job. Of course, neither does $3000 for a Peavey [img]graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the jackson custom shop takes about 30% off. I am sure the esp custom shop takes a bunch off. Why would peavey be any different? The guitar I want is basically a standard wolfgang with a rosewood fingerboard and striped fingerboard blocks. The dealer said before I asked that if I came in to the shop he might be able to get me a better price but he would have to call peavey because he didn't know. I thought that I would check here first to see if anyone that owned a custom shop guitar knew the answer.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by redrocker55:
    the jackson custom shop takes about 30% off. I am sure the esp custom shop takes a bunch off. Why would peavey be any different? The guitar I want is basically a standard wolfgang with a rosewood fingerboard and striped fingerboard blocks. The dealer said before I asked that if I came in to the shop he might be able to get me a better price but he would have to call peavey because he didn't know. I thought that I would check here first to see if anyone that owned a custom shop guitar knew the answer.
    The EVH block inlays? Those look sweet [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] I would certainly shop around though if you are going to sdpend that much cash, and check locally with other stores in your area

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think that I have found the answer to my own question. I found a review on harmony central of a evh custom shop guitar. The guy paid $2000 and the msrp for that guitar on peaveys web site is $2769.99. That's just about 25% off retail.
    http://www.harmony-central.com/Guita...m-Shop-01.html

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i recieved a quote at 40 % off list price....on any wolfgang---check around---!!!CUSTOM SHOP TOO!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Last Online

01.15.07 @ 05:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's up to the dealer, not Peavey. Most dealers, if they want to actually sell guitars, will come down off the MSRP. If not, shop around and find a dealer who will.

And as far as complaining about the Custom Shop prices, what do you expect to pay for a Custom guitar made per your desires? Have you checked out Gibson's or Fenders Custom Shop prices? When I made was messing around on the Peavey Custom Wolf site, none of the guitars I made cost more than $2500 MSRP. That's not bad for a Custom guitar. Even better should I decided to actually buy one, as my dealer already told me he'd knock some off of that.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the information. I wasn't complaining about the prices. Peavey can charge whatever they like and that's fine with me. I have the choice to pay their price or pass. So I guess depending on the dealer I can get 0 to 40% off msrp. I will check with several dealers and see what I can find out.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After an aggravating 30-minute conversation on the phone with a dealer 50 miles from me I got my answer. He took $700 off of the $3199.99 retail. He said it would be a 12-week wait. I will probably get this guitar eventually if Ed doesn’t fall out with peavey before I can afford to purchase it. I really like the wolfgangs over EBMM. I know most people prefer the axis but in my personal experience the wolfgang is a better sounding guitar. I currently own a red flamed wolfgang standard tr and I have owned a quilted EBMM axis and a purple wolfgang special. Besides the neck on the axis every thing on the wolfgang was equal to the axis. I think that the tone knob is the reason the wolfgang sounding better to my ears.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds just like my local Peavey dealer. They are at list prices for just about everything. Once I tried a Wolfgang out there and they wanted like $1,000 for a Special. Then I got one on Harmony Central for $500. Same new guitar! Like most say, shop around. Guitar Center seems to price at list too.
    "When I found the guitar, I refused to take lessons. This was my <br />real emotional release, and I didn't want to be taught how to <br />approach the instrument." Eddie Van Halen<br /><br />"While I believe our band will be most triumphant, the truth is Wyld Stallions will never be a super band until we get Eddie Van Halen on guitar." Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Last Online

01.15.07 @ 05:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

$700 off sounds like a good deal to me. I also agree with you on liking the Wolfgang over the Axis. The Axis is a really nicely made guitar, but the Wolfgang's got that sweet sweet neck.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Trennasol:
    $700 off sounds like a good deal to me. I also agree with you on liking the Wolfgang over the Axis. The Axis is a really nicely made guitar, but the Wolfgang's got that sweet sweet neck.
    And no 2 necks are ever the same. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]