Register
    Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I like deep cuts like HOP
    Last Online

06.04.13 @ 03:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I got my dvd's last night. In a word, they are awesome. Those guys really had it down to a science. Its funny watching Eddie goof up a couple times (had a randy rhodes look to him!), once during Cathedral he practically starts over again and looks at the audience like 'my bad'. another part, right before his solo the spotlight is dark and it gradually brightens on him and he can't seem to get his strap around his neck to his liking and gets all impatient with the thing, the guitar comes unplugged etc. funny stuff and stellar playing! This thing is a must for the serious fan. The only compaint I have is that the sound and picture are not very good. Not "bad", just not like video footage of today. another annoyance is the lack of camera footage on Eddie it seems at times. They really focus on DLR and surprisingly Alex, which is weird. The guys were in shape, the first few songs, my wife was in shock at how much DLR ran around the stage and sounded good at the same time. The yelps were there and he could sing good. About an hour interview with DLR at the beginning, some good backstage footage of the guys getting ripped right until the moment they go on. This one backstage guy practically grabs Eddie to go on, ya get the feeling if they didn't push them out there they might sit and drink for another hour, nice toast to alcoholics unanimous by DLR right before they go on. Mike Anothony looked toasted playing a video game, great stuff!!!

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:19 AM
    Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts

I bought a DVD of this show from Ebay a few months back but the guy sent it to me in an ordinary envelope, so it's scratched and keeps skipping. Aarrrgh! It crossed the Atlantic with nothing but a layer of brown paper between it and the outside world, so I guess I'm lucky it plays at all. Mine doesn't have the intro footage, and it finishes before You Really Got Me, so overall I'm a little disappointed with the whole Ebay boot buying thing!
    HERE AND GONE by Haylen Beck (Stuart Neville writing as...) - "It doesn't get better than this." - Lee Child, "Highly recommended." - Harlan Coben, "Cancel all your plans and settle in for the ride." - Ruth Ware, "This is a book that lives up to the buzz." - Alafair Burke

Summer 2017 UK & North America

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Last Online

01.14.12 @ 10:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

if you look carefully as Eddie begins playing Cathedral, the crowd is throwing stuff to him, something actually hits the strings and makes a noise and the resulting look from Eddies was as if to say, "Ok, now simmer down, I know you're excited but stop throwin' shit in my direction."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

06.24.15 @ 01:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by variac:
    if you look carefully as Eddie begins playing Cathedral, the crowd is throwing stuff to him, something actually hits the strings and makes a noise and the resulting look from Eddies was as if to say, "Ok, now simmer down, I know you're excited but stop throwin' shit in my direction."
    Are you sure. Because it looks and sounds like the feedback iritates him. I'll have to watch it again
    [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "Well, he's an intelligent, well-read guy. But it's like he can't connect the dots somehow." (EVH Guitar World, March 1998).

GP: "Did you use a pick for "Spanish Fly"?

EVH: "Yeah, except for the part near the end that sounds like Montoya or something."

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

take another look, it's been a while since I've watched but after reading your post it jogged my memory. I believe what appears to be feedback is the strings ringing out after being hit by an object, battery or somethin..

Last Online

02.27.05 @ 06:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Where did you get your DVDs??

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

actually, I think the object was a quarter...I own a vhs version of the show...probably same quality as the dvd...got it off the internet a few years back...not even sure where anymore...sorry I can't be more help on this...

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

CANT PICK ONE!!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I still dont understand the Randy Rhoads comment...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by variac:
    actually, I think the object was a quarter...I own a vhs version of the show...probably same quality as the dvd...got it off the internet a few years back...not even sure where anymore...sorry I can't be more help on this...
    yea that happend but not while he was playing cathedral, DLR called him up to the front of the stage just to kinda stand there and recieve the roar of the crowd, you know where DLR has that stupid look on his face and just stands there kinda sayin' Hi, someon throws something at Ed and it hits the franky right on the strings, Ed turns the guitar down and gives the guy the "come one don't do that shit" look.
    Rol.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think this incident happend during "So This Is Love."

Something hits his axe.....or someone squirts water towards him and Ed gives the guy.....politely.....the "no...no......wave.....in front of his axe.

He does fuck up on Cathedral. He stops.....waits for the echo/delay to stop.....starts again.....I do think he was playing Cathedral too fast that night.....
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Stevolives:
    I got my dvd's last night. In a word, they are awesome. Those guys really had it down to a science. Its funny watching Eddie goof up a couple times (had a randy rhodes look to him!), once during Cathedral he practically starts over again and looks at the audience like 'my bad'. another part, right before his solo the spotlight is dark and it gradually brightens on him and he can't seem to get his strap around his neck to his liking and gets all impatient with the thing, the guitar comes unplugged etc. funny stuff and stellar playing! This thing is a must for the serious fan. The only compaint I have is that the sound and picture are not very good. Not "bad", just not like video footage of today. another annoyance is the lack of camera footage on Eddie it seems at times. They really focus on DLR and surprisingly Alex, which is weird. The guys were in shape, the first few songs, my wife was in shock at how much DLR ran around the stage and sounded good at the same time. The yelps were there and he could sing good. About an hour interview with DLR at the beginning, some good backstage footage of the guys getting ripped right until the moment they go on. This one backstage guy practically grabs Eddie to go on, ya get the feeling if they didn't push them out there they might sit and drink for another hour, nice toast to alcoholics unanimous by DLR right before they go on. Mike Anothony looked toasted playing a video game, great stuff!!!
    Welcome to the Bootleg 'hood. Too bad about your DVDs quality though. The DVDs I have fucking rock in quality and sound... "They call me...." [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ February 06, 2003, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: el_jalepeno ]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Charvel2:
    I bought a DVD of this show from Ebay a few months back but the guy sent it to me in an ordinary envelope, so it's scratched and keeps skipping. Aarrrgh! It crossed the Atlantic with nothing but a layer of brown paper between it and the outside world, so I guess I'm lucky it plays at all. Mine doesn't have the intro footage, and it finishes before You Really Got Me, so overall I'm a little disappointed with the whole Ebay boot buying thing!
    Check your PMs dude!
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    The rumor: W.D.F.A-We Don't Fuck Around.<br />The truth: W.D.F.A-We Disregard Fans Abundently