Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi,
    I'm new to this forum and I need help from anyone with knowledge about the 5150 series guitars. I have listed my 5150 guitar on ebay and I just want to make sure it is a 5150 series guitar, as I don't want to misrepresent the guitar. When I originally purchased it, the gentleman assured me it was a Kramner 5150 guitar.
    To make sure, I went to the local guitar store and found an "expert" who also said it was a 5150 guitar. Now that I have listed it on ebay, I'm getting many positive responses that it looks like a 5150 guitar, except one person who e-mailed me and flamed me pretty bad saying "it's not a 5150 series guitar because it has the hockey headstock." Nervously, I went back to my ebay listing and added a "correction" stating that I wasn't sure if it is a 5150 guitar.
    I just need assurance as to if it is, or not, a
    Kramer 5150 guitar. The serial # B25262 and made in Neptune, NJ. If you go to ebay and type: "Kramer 5150 Guitar Eddie Van Halen. Very Rare", you will see the listing as well as pictures. Thanks for all your help, and I'll be looking forward to your responses.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hate to tell you that it's not an EVH Kramer.

Drop me an email, I'll get like......$200 bucks in the mail to you tomorrown.........and just send the guitar to my house. Please have it professional wrapped for shipping and insure the guitar for about $2000.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Astroman,
    Hate to pop your bubble man, but Kramer never produced such an animal.... I could go on and point out numerous area's that are wrong, but the point remains it's simply a replca built by an independant luthier. If you have specific questions E-mail me and I'll be glad to help.

Dave
    dave@spacetape.com

SpaceTape.com

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh and be carefull, Ebay will close down the auction suspend your sellers account if they catch it. You are violating intellectual property rights granted to Edward Van Halen. Trust me on this one !!!

Dave

SpaceTape.com

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

10.02.14 @ 06:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

FYI,
    That guitar was definately not made by Kramer. Maybe the body is a Kramer body, but thats about it! Kramer never made a 5150 series guitar and they NEVER sold evh painted guitars!!
    I hope you didn't pay a ton of $$ for that guitar but it is merely a copy guitar that someone did.
    Hope this helps....let your conscience be your guide!!

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

wtf? [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] theres like 10 bids on that thing.
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Deftones , now and forever and only second to VH.

Dave or Sammy ?.........pffffft Eddie.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi,
    Thanks for your response. Yes, it looks like I was duped when I purchased this guitar. Thus, with the correction on the ebay site, I've also been e-mailing the high bidders to tell the again that this is NOT original. So far, no one has backed down or complain, I guess honesty is the best policy and hopefully I will only lose a little bit of money.
    The only question I have is when I go to this website: http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=984
    There are listings of different types of Kramer guitars for sale. And in one category, under the 1984 series, there is a "5150" guitar. So is that a guitar that was made by Kramer or by an individual? The reason I ask, the guitar is very similar to the one I'm selling on ebay. Thanks Again.

-Astroman

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts

Donor

Sorry about your luck dude. Eddie's original "Frankenstrat" model was a charvel body w/ a kramer neck! The only affiliation Eddie has had with Kramer was some print ads in the mid to late 80's.The Music Man 5150/axis & Peavey's Wolfgang series are the only guitars that he's been involved with.It still might be a nice one to have though! Good Luck
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter

Eruption
    Last Online

07.14.10 @ 09:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kramer actually made Eddie quite a few custom guitars if I recall correctly, but I don't know if he ever played any of them, a lot of them were given away. The only Kramer made guitars I've seen him actually play are the "5150" and "1984". Then later down the road the headstock of his "5150" split and Music Man fixed it up and covered up the "Kramer" logo with a "Music Man" logo.......

Favorite VH Album

Alright, I admit - All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Almost all of them
    Last Online

03.01.12 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I remember seeing an ad in a GW magazine back in the 80s: the MSRP for the Kramer 5150 was about $1,600, and I thought, cool, I need another $600 to get it, then I realized it was in US$. Oh well, the next issue or so, Kramer retracted the offer. Probably because EVH asked them not to market it w/o his consent.
    Homer: No one snuggles with Max Power. Just strap on and feel the Gs!

American Coast Guard: Back off Canadians we got them.
    Canadian Coast Guard: You back off hosers, they are in Canadian waters, eh.
    American Coast Guard: Beat it you puck smacking maple suckers!
    Canadian Coast Guard: Take a hike you Shatner stealing Mexico touchers!

Bart: Who the hell is this?
    Jack Bauer: I’m Jack Bauer, who the hell is this?
    Bart: Me, er… I’m Ahmed Adudi
    Jack: Chloe, get me all you can on Ahmed Adudi… Does anyone there know Ahmed Adudi?
    Chloe O’Brien: Ahmed Adudi; wealthy Saudi financier… Disappeared into Afghanistan in the late 90s…
    Jack: … Really?
    Chloe (ironically): No Jack it’s a joke name, you’re being set up.
    Jack: DAMMIT!

Favorite VH Album

Tabula Rasa
    Last Online

09.26.16 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

from what i remember the headstock of 5150 split when musicman was "scanning" the neck to reproduce it for the EVHMM..
    so they put a new tuner for the 1st string on the other side to prevent more damage due to string tension
    Last edited by batch; 07.02.05 at 05:28 AM.

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:40 PM
    Liked 734 Times in 347 Posts

I seem to remember Kramer making Eddie some replicas of his original "Frankenstrat" guitar back in the 80s. The paint jobs were different, and they were sporting the hockey stick headstock, but other than that, the body looked the same, with the partial pickguard and 5 way in the middle pickup position and a single coil in the neck position. These guitars were never put up for sale, and I think they were just one-offs for Eddie.

Also, if I remember correctly, the original Kramer "5150" guitar that he used during the 1984 tour was not a Kramer Baretta as most people think, but the body is that of a Kramer Pacer Imperial. This can be verified by the rear control cavity routing on the body.

In short, Kramer never made a production model 5150 or EVH guitar. Eddie had a short relationship with Kramer in the 80s where he had an endorsement deal, advertising Barettas and Ferringtons, but never a signature guitar. The Baretta was as close as you could get to Eddies guitar, but the differences between the Baretta and Eddies actual guitar were signifigant.

Kramer now makes a "1984" series guitar, which is actually closer to what Eddie played back in that era. It is a reproduction of a guitar that the Kramer company never actually had in production, but is somewhat of a copy of Eddies actual guitar. It is manufactured under the Kramer name, but Kramer is now owned by Gibson. If I am correct, the new 1984 series components are manufactured overseas, and final assembly is performed here in the U.S., making it eligable to wear the "U.S.A. Series" badge that MusicYo puts on it.
    I've never actually seen one in real life, but in the pictures I've seen, the body contours don't look right. The edges don't look rounded enough. Actually the body shape and contours of the "Jersey Star" look more like the 5150 guitar that Eddie played to me.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.