Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, WACF, FW, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

"They\'re all hit singles, man" - DLR
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

699 for a damn transtrem!!! Just the unit! How many of you dropped the cash for one of these?

Do they (musicyo) still carry the same model steinberger that Ed played back in the late 80's?

[ December 04, 2002, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: 5150atomic ]
    Right Now...My gf is probably reading my posts.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

from what i've read, they haven't moved many of those $700 TransTrems. most Steinberger guys are just glad to have TT's and other parts available for less than Ed Roman was asking for them...

i don't think they're making the Steiny Ed played any more. closest thing are the import Spirit GT series, and at $300, i doubt they've got TransTrems...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by 5150atomic:
    699 for a damn transtrem!!! Just the unit! How many of you dropped the cash for one of these?

Do they (musicyo) still carry the same model steinberger that Ed played back in the late 80's?
    no they don't Ed had the 2 humbucker version
    they carry the hum-single-hum I can't remember the model names someone will know them and post it I forgot.
    As for the Trans trems $699 is a steal [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] , they were not even available for quite some time.
    When SB went down the tubes Ed Roman bought most the stuff from them in a firesale, good for him bad for us, He didn't let any go for a while and the market was dry, when he did decide to sell them he wanted $1600-$1800 for *just the trem* [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] he had a monopoly on them and people paid it, so believe me $699 looks like a blue light special they'll get cheaper I hope.

On a side note, the strat looking Steins were supposedly Eds idea , that was the guitar he was gonna endorse with the Duncan Custom Custom
    before he did a complete 180 and went right to EB in about a heartbeat, I never heard anything as to why.

Also, if if anyone buys one they are a B-I-T-C-H
    you *have* to know what you are doing, I suggest a company back east www.peekamoose.com, they had a few of them that Roman didn't get back in the day, they wanted $900 for them and if you think about it that's was fair considering your closest compatition was twice the price. Any way they know their stuff.
    Rol.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The closest thing to Ed's there as far as functionality is the GM7TA. Its not the same body style but it has the EMG's and the Transtrem. You can find GL2TA's on ebay for a little under 2 grand if you watch. The GL2TA is the model that Ed used.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Whew...the prices...

I've been through a couple of steiny's with TT's, and even though I think the current prices are completely ridiculous...if you have never tried one out, they are a TON of fun. Definitely one of the coolest guitar-related inventions ever. I wish I had kept one...