Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Save
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 73
  1. #1
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    01.08.02
    Location
    space mountain va.
    Posts
    5
    Favorite VH Album

    all of em
    Favorite VH Song

    all of em
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    f.y.i. last night va. radio station 104.9 reported "sammy hagar says his latest solo album, not 4 sale, will be his last. hagar says he has no intentions of retiring from the music biz, but says he's done all he can do as a solo artist." could this mean......

  2. #2
    Hot For Teacher Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.24.01
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    281
    Favorite VH Album

    All
    Favorite VH Song

    Way Too Difficult
    Last Online

    09.27.16 @ 02:27 AM
    Likes
    20
    Liked 51 Times in 24 Posts

    We can only hope it's another little snippet Sam's coming back to VH... [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Salt shaker, little lick a lime...

  3. #3
    On Fire
    Join Date
    01.31.02
    Age
    52
    Location
    Galveston County,TX
    Posts
    413
    Favorite VH Album

    The Next One!
    Favorite VH Song

    The Newest Single off The Next One!
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Originally posted by farmer ted:
    f.y.i. last night va. radio station 104.9 reported "sammy hagar says his latest solo album, not 4 sale, will be his last. hagar says he has no intentions of retiring from the music biz, but says he's done all he can do as a solo artist." could this mean......
    Could this mean....What??? Sammy back in VH? I'll believe it when I see it or hear it.
    Van Halen....2003??? In television if your on hiatus this long it's means you have been cancelled and nobody told ya.Has VH Been Cancelled and no ones telling us?? C'mon Ed give us a break and give us an update...

  4. #4
    Top Of The World
    Join Date
    12.11.01
    Posts
    188
    Last Online

    11.15.09 @ 03:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    This confirms all of our suspicions. Sammy's gonna be the lead singer of a reunited ABBA!!!!! It's Party Time! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Sinner's Swing! jimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.06.99
    Age
    44
    Location
    Dusty Mexican Border Lounge
    Posts
    3,619
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

    04.29.16 @ 06:05 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Great first post.

    While it does smell like bullshit.........I was curious about the "call letters" of the radio station.

    Any additional information would be greately appreciated.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

  6. #6
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    01.08.02
    Location
    space mountain va.
    Posts
    5
    Favorite VH Album

    all of em
    Favorite VH Song

    all of em
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Originally posted by jimmy:
    Great first post.

    While it does smell like bullshit.........I was curious about the "call letters" of the radio station.

    Any additional information would be greately appreciated.
    104.9 comes out of winchester.va. you are only 50 miles away. tune in and see if it''s bullshit.

  7. #7
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    04.27.02
    Location
    Middleburg Heights, Ohio
    Posts
    40
    Favorite VH Album

    Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    Everything from VH to 1984 and the 2 on BOV-I
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Well, if he is back in VH that mean's we'll never hear any of the classic VH stuff....EVER! I hope they flop with him....
    "Have you seen Junior's grades?"

  8. #8
    Eruption 51501984's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.14.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    The Bay Area
    Posts
    1,386
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

    09.27.16 @ 04:22 AM
    Likes
    92
    Liked 277 Times in 158 Posts

    Originally posted by topjimmy71672:
    Well, if he is back in VH that mean's we'll never hear any of the classic VH stuff....EVER! I hope they flop with him....
    I think the chances of them floping with Hagar are very slim but I agree we won`t get to here the DLR era stuff . I`d welcome Sam back but they`ve got to play some of the old classics .

  9. #9
    Good Enough THE MARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.16.99
    Age
    49
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    2,396
    Favorite VH Album

    Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

    Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

    01.28.16 @ 02:05 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    This isn't the first time he's said this. When he was on Rockline, back in October, he said the same thing. He had no intention of doing this album, and has no intention of doing another. I wouldn't read TOO much into it.
    "Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..." -The Mard

    "......HEY!.............alright............." -BIG FOOT

    " I know what you're thinking: "Do I want to watch Mard? We know that horses were very strong and could actually stop airplanes from flying away. The ones made out of stone called "statues" -- occasionally came to life and rode off is a colonial cliche. How many more times do we need to hear about how the oppressive Raj's wore villainous black capes, crafted cunning plastic masks to impersonate people, and drained all the blood from their slaves so they could keep the fluid in bottles in their dungeons? I mean, YAWN!

    But if you're willing to sit through this dry sort of historical drama one more time -- or even just this dry historical review -- you will not be disappointed. In fact, some of you might just learn something they didn't teach you in school!-
    MARD-The Movie

  10. #10
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    04.27.02
    Location
    Middleburg Heights, Ohio
    Posts
    40
    Favorite VH Album

    Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    Everything from VH to 1984 and the 2 on BOV-I
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Originally posted by 51501984:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by topjimmy71672:
    Well, if he is back in VH that mean's we'll never hear any of the classic VH stuff....EVER! I hope they flop with him....
    I think the chances of them floping with Hagar are very slim but I agree we won`t get to here the DLR era stuff . I`d welcome Sam back but they`ve got to play some of the old classics .</font>[/QUOTE]They may not completly flop, but when I saw them on the Balance tour there were quite a few empty seats in the house. I would imagine if they start to play the same crap and the same boring show it will happen again....
    "Have you seen Junior's grades?"

  11. #11
    Good Enough THE MARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.16.99
    Age
    49
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    2,396
    Favorite VH Album

    Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

    Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

    01.28.16 @ 02:05 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    *sigh*

    Anyway...You can listen to the Rockline interview HERE.
    "Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..." -The Mard

    "......HEY!.............alright............." -BIG FOOT

    " I know what you're thinking: "Do I want to watch Mard? We know that horses were very strong and could actually stop airplanes from flying away. The ones made out of stone called "statues" -- occasionally came to life and rode off is a colonial cliche. How many more times do we need to hear about how the oppressive Raj's wore villainous black capes, crafted cunning plastic masks to impersonate people, and drained all the blood from their slaves so they could keep the fluid in bottles in their dungeons? I mean, YAWN!

    But if you're willing to sit through this dry sort of historical drama one more time -- or even just this dry historical review -- you will not be disappointed. In fact, some of you might just learn something they didn't teach you in school!-
    MARD-The Movie

  12. #12
    Atomic Punk Eddymon's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.20.99
    Age
    47
    Location
    3800 foot level in the Sierra
    Posts
    15,024
    Favorite VH Album

    all of them
    Favorite VH Song

    If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

    09.27.16 @ 07:36 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 452 Times in 211 Posts

    If Sammy does come back to VH then I see him a bit more willing now to sing some more classic VH than he was before.
    Reason being that after this past summer, I feel like he got what the fans want. But he knows that Dave can't pull them off like he used to.
    He no longer feels "threatend" by Dave's legend.

    A boring concert with Sammy?
    I've seen VH with dave a few times and it was the same show. Basically the same stage set-up, same old "Davisms", 4 guys going in their own direction on stage, not much interaction and continuity. The lead singer fucking up his own lyrics and not remembering them quite often.

    Then I see the stage set for 5150, OU812, F.U.C.K. and Balance tours and they are all different. They look very happy "together" and look like they are a team. I even got that impression when Gary toured with them. Again, a different stage set-up.

    "NOT 4 SALE" did seem like it was an un-planned release by Sam. Maybe the whole Sam & Dave tour was a test to see if he and Dave could co-exhist together for something with VH in the future. If Sammy doesn't have any plans to do another solo album right now is probably either due to him returning to VH or the Planet Us thing. I still don't think that PLanet Us will be happening for the forseable future, Van Halen will come first for Mike and possibly Sammy.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

  13. #13
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    04.27.02
    Location
    Middleburg Heights, Ohio
    Posts
    40
    Favorite VH Album

    Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    Everything from VH to 1984 and the 2 on BOV-I
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Originally posted by Eddymon:
    If Sammy does come back to VH then I see him a bit more willing now to sing some more classic VH than he was before.
    Reason being that after this past summer, I feel like he got what the fans want. But he knows that Dave can't pull them off like he used to.
    He no longer feels "threatend" by Dave's legend.

    A boring concert with Sammy?
    I've seen VH with dave a few times and it was the same show. Basically the same stage set-up, same old "Davisms", 4 guys going in their own direction on stage, not much interaction and continuity. The lead singer fucking up his own lyrics and not remembering them quite often.

    Then I see the stage set for 5150, OU812, F.U.C.K. and Balance tours and they are all different. They look very happy "together" and look like they are a team. I even got that impression when Gary toured with them. Again, a different stage set-up.

    "NOT 4 SALE" did seem like it was an un-planned release by Sam. Maybe the whole Sam & Dave tour was a test to see if he and Dave could co-exhist together for something with VH in the future. If Sammy doesn't have any plans to do another solo album right now is probably either due to him returning to VH or the Planet Us thing. I still don't think that PLanet Us will be happening for the forseable future, Van Halen will come first for Mike and possibly Sammy.
    It's the songs that they play live that are boring...that's what brings it down. Even people sending in revue's of DLR/SH this summer...Sammy played a good set, but completely brought the crowd down with some of his mellow songs and boring ass stories. Who cares if the stage setup was different on each SH-VH tour...the songs they play are boring which brought me down whenever I saw them....They don't know how to keep the crowd on their feet with Sammy...
    "Have you seen Junior's grades?"

  14. #14
    Eruption
    Join Date
    11.13.02
    Age
    30
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,103
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    04.28.16 @ 07:41 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    Yeah don't read too much into Hagars "retirement" as a solo artist. Artist do this all the time. Look at The Who. They go away and come back every few years.

  15. #15
    Atomic Punk Bob_R's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.18.01
    Posts
    7,207
    Last Online

    12.13.11 @ 01:09 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Van Hagars ERA - 10 Best Songs!
    By Lodewijk5150 in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05.13.06, 01:07 PM
  2. hagars tequila
    By 1984 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09.27.00, 06:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •