On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

van halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yesterday night I played in my band in front of some people. We had three songs but we never really practiced them together, well we did once about a month ago. So i was nervous I knew we were going to screw up and it was going to suck. I had a hockey game that day , I got 2 goals and the winning goal in OT anyway [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I was tired and well scared . I went over any way it was around 7:00 or so. I got all my stuff ready crank my amp up to 10, cant wait till I get my mesa boogie and let her rip. We played 4 songs. each had solos yippe. And the last song was SRVs crossfire. I played about a 10 minute solo with all the tricks whammy fast malmsteen runs edwards taps, zakks squeals and vai skill [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] My bandmates said I stole the show annd saved there butts ,there was about 50 or so people there which isnt too bad. Everyone said where the hell did I come from or wow your awesome, a guy even said I was god!!!!!!Thats going a little too far but what ever.Two other punk bands played after us. There were a lot of pretty ladies there [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
    Its was pretty cool. At about 11:00 we kick everyone out besides two bands and watched the video of us playing. Anyway this was my first so Id thought I would share it but you might have to call me guitar god now [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]

[ August 05, 2001 at 07:57 AM: Message edited by: Edward Van Halen ]
    Bringing real guitar solos back to music-RIP rhoads and Srv-Rock on vai-Wylde-slash-and eddie!!!!!!!!!!<br /> "I don't like to push the envelope, Id rather chuck grenades into it!" -Ted Nugent-<br /><br /> =PASSION AND WARFARE=<br /> "That stevie vai, what a nice little boy!" -the audience is listening-

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

EVH, it's good to hear your first gig was a good one. It's a pretty good feeling being up there isn't it?
    Hope you have a lot more like that one, or better.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Edward don't let that god stuff get to your head though. 15 year olds will do that to anyone who can play a half decent solo. When I had been playing for about 4 months the only cool things i knew was the tapping parts of eruption, ATBL, and a few other riffs. Well when I played in front of people they thought I was great and awesome too, but that's only because they awere 14 and haven't heard a guitar solo in their life. It's been over a year since then, and I realized that I wasn't very good then, and I don;t get it. But I wonder what their gonna say next time I play in front of them, seeing how much better I have gotten.
    I am awesome

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

UW- Do you got a band?
    I just joined my first one.
    "There's a time and place for everything- for everyone."

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I was in a few, but I'm real picky, and I didn't like the direction any of them were goin' in so I bailed out on them. I'm not in one now though.
    I am awesome

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't think my band will last for very long but right now, my choices are very limited.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Limited to what? Just curious.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tribb:
    Limited to what? Just curious.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate to answer this question for him but I'd be willing to venture that he means "limited" in meaning a limited amount of people in his area that are available to play with. That's the same problem a lot of people have including myself. It's either hold off from playing with other people or bite the bullet and deal with having to play STP covers and Staind's new hit song. That's the last thing I'd wanna do. EVH keep playing live as long as you have the chance. Playing live is better than sex and being high in my opinion. I'm not sure if it's better than being drunk - it's probably not, but it's definitely better than the first two.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

02.27.09 @ 02:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey, congratulations EVH! Great feelin' ain't it? As for saving the rest of the band's bacon... well you're a guitarist, that's what you're there for [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I mean, you can't go trustin' a drummer to do that now can ya? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    It'll all end in beers...

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AxeSlinger84:

I hate to answer this question for him but I'd be willing to venture that he means "limited" in meaning a limited amount of people in his area that are available to play with. That's the same problem a lot of people have including myself. It's either hold off from playing with other people or bite the bullet and deal with having to play STP covers and Staind's new hit song. That's the last thing I'd wanna do.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got half of it right. There are limited amount of people to play with, I go to a Catholic Highschool

[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] . But, I love STP and I like Staind so I don't mind playing them, actually I'd rather play those types of songs.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

van halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Most of the people there were 18 up to a few that were 21 or so. Dont worry it wont get to my head Im not going to pull any Malmsteen crap. I acually think STP is pretty cool, but that days of the week song is a little weak.
    Bringing real guitar solos back to music-RIP rhoads and Srv-Rock on vai-Wylde-slash-and eddie!!!!!!!!!!<br /> "I don't like to push the envelope, Id rather chuck grenades into it!" -Ted Nugent-<br /><br /> =PASSION AND WARFARE=<br /> "That stevie vai, what a nice little boy!" -the audience is listening-

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey, don't go knockin Wengie now. You don't want to get on his bad side. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Seriously, enjoy the compliments when you get them. There's a certain amount of negativity that goes along with it too.
    When the bar or venue stays packed you know you've got'em and it's a great feeling, even when the sweats pouring off you in buckets, and you look like you just stepped out of a wet t shirt contest.
    We do a Van Halen tribute, and every one who comes knows what they're coming to hear, but every now and then someone, usually drunk out of their mind will come up and ask us to do Sweet Home Alabama. I swear that's happened in a no. of different cities, in Canada and the US, and it's always the same song. I hate that fuckin song.
    We were stupid enough to do it once and the rest of the audience looked at us like we sprouted 6 arms.
    Just do the songs you love to play, whether originals or covers. You'll feel much better at the end of the gig, and you'll play with more passion. The audience can feel that kind of stuff. They can tell when your just going through the motions, or really having a good time, and they respond to it accordingly. Sometimes there's one or two clowns in the audience(usually drunken musicians..lol), but fuck them.

[ August 06, 2001 at 08:31 AM: Message edited by: tribb ]

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Edward Van Halen:
    I acually think STP is pretty cool, but that days of the week song is a little weak.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try playing it! lol
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I like the video but the song sucks. It sounds like something off of their third album (Tiny Music.) That song has no punch at all - I liked them when Core came out but after that I quit listening to them. "Dead and Bloated" and "Sex Type Thing" are cool but some of that other shit has gotta go.

Last Online

01.24.08 @ 09:30 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Edward Van Halen:
    Everyone said where the hell did I come from or wow your awesome, a guy even said I was god!!!!!!
    [ August 05, 2001 at 07:57 AM: Message edited by: Edward Van Halen ]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Congratulations! All your hard work and practice have clearly paid off. Here's to a successful new performing career! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]