Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Please don\'t make me choose
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know the gloves that everyone was bitching about in the main were dicussed by Ed in a "Guitar One" interview in '98-'99. Ed went into what these "warm-up gloves" were made of and what role they played in his regiment. Etc.

I broke my fret hand about a year ago and things just haven't been the same. I adapted as well as I could, but I now have to spend about three times as much time loosening up.

After seeing the gloves again, I thought it might be a solution for me to look into. Does anyone know where to track down these gloves or anything similar?

Thanks,
    TD

[ February 02, 2003, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Tonedaddy ]
    Unofficial Keeper of the Faith<p>Our responsibility is to the music and it's continued growth<p>Who's your daddy?<p>"I'm bold as love, just ask the axis" J.H.

Last Online

07.09.15 @ 08:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Any indigent degenerate begging for nickels on the street corner of Anytown U.S.A. should be wearing a pair this time of year. Just offer him a shiny new quarter for his pair. I'm sure he'll give them up. If he holds out on you, you can always trump the bum with a bottle of the finest $2.00 vodka your town has to offer. No bum has EVER refused a bottle of booze. So there you go - you got your gloves and the bum got his buzz. All's good.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Big help baby! Way to be.
    Unofficial Keeper of the Faith<p>Our responsibility is to the music and it's continued growth<p>Who's your daddy?<p>"I'm bold as love, just ask the axis" J.H.

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Man that sucks about your hand bro. I've worked construction for years and I'm paraniod about injuring my left hand. I've even had nightmares about it.

I don't think those are any kind of special gloves. When it's cold when we reherse I sometimes where a pair of gloves with the fingers cut out. I think they cost me all of $5.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can sympathize with ya bud.
    I really wrecked my hand while working in the garage last spring.
    I finally wound up seeing a sports injury therapist and got acupuncture, all the crap that I thought would help.
    I'm back to about 85% of my playing but warming up does take a bit longer. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    Well, now that I've milked all the sympathy I can get out of that, There are some thin neoprene mountain biking and dirt riding gloves you can get with the fingers cut ot of them.
    They keep your hands warm and aren't bulky. I don't know about playing onstage with them but for keeping your hands warm while warming up or before playing they're great.
    The neoprene gives the muscles in the back of your hand support as well.
    The one's I'm referring to are solid neoprene like the stuff they make scuba diving suits out of, just a thinner layer.
    I can get you the maker's name later in the week when I go back to the bike shop if you like.

Favorite VH Album

All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 10:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There are probably dozens of good makers of neoprene gloves.

I got some issued to me made by Hatch, and you can find them at www.hatch-corp.com.

Injuries are hell, I've been there. I have a twice repaired left shoulder for chronic dislocation, and now my right one is getting just as bad. Believe me, it just kills my picking speed and endurance, and like Tribb said, yea it takes me alot longer to warm up - especially after a dislocation.

Sometimes I get really pissed, but when I think of Jason Becker, and other guys like that, it makes me know I don't have it so bad.
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i severed the tendon on my left hand middle finger in 95...went through all the hand therapy and all that...sometimes my finger still bothers me, especially the last couple weeks when it's been so damn cold. when i was recovering from the surgery i had to wrap it in Coban, kind of like a stretchy wrap that sticks to itself. i picked up a couple boxes on some medical supply site somewhere. i'll wrap up my finger and do some of the old finger exercises they had me do back then, and playing after that is a bit better than just picking up the guitar cold...the Coban is thin enough that i can get a good wrap around my finger and it doesn't get in the way like a glove would.

i've got a nice collection of scars on my left hand from working in the factory. the severed tendon kept me from playing for a couple months. i sliced the back of my left hand open once, but that was more of a nuisance than something that would keep me from playing. finally had to find a nice office job where i'm not mutilating myself daily...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the leads all. I'm gonna start digging right now. I'll post back whatever I land for anyone interested.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For anyone interested. warm-up gloves.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by TheMightyCopenHalenII:
    There are probably dozens of good makers of neoprene gloves.

I got some issued to me made by Hatch, and you can find them at www.hatch-corp.com.

Injuries are hell, I've been there. I have a twice repaired left shoulder for chronic dislocation, and now my right one is getting just as bad. Believe me, it just kills my picking speed and endurance, and like Tribb said, yea it takes me alot longer to warm up - especially after a dislocation.

Sometimes I get really pissed, but when I think of Jason Becker, and other guys like that, it makes me know I don't have it so bad.
    Man, those look like some really good gloves. I checked the site for dealers but nothing popped up and I can't seem to find a Canadian distributor. I might phone them to see if I can get them up here.