On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

van halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was in a vai chat room and I was talking to this guy. he won guitarist magazines best of the year. He is going to berklee. Any way check out his music he is very good at playing the six string, I think he is 18. Here it is web page
    Bringing real guitar solos back to music-RIP rhoads and Srv-Rock on vai-Wylde-slash-and eddie!!!!!!!!!!<br /> "I don't like to push the envelope, Id rather chuck grenades into it!" -Ted Nugent-<br /><br /> =PASSION AND WARFARE=<br /> "That stevie vai, what a nice little boy!" -the audience is listening-

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great player. Definately from the Vai school.
    He should do very well at Berkely.
    Thanks for putting the link on EVH, I enjoyed that.

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Boy that dudes got some chops!

My only problem with these cats, is they all sound the same to me. It's like a cross between Satch and the dude from Dream Theater.

Maybe I'm just too stupid to see their genius, but it's boring as hell to me. It's like listening to a textbook. Everything is so controlled and right that I can't hear any personality in their playing.

Technically this cat's a monster, but when I hear guys like this I think they kinda missed the point. I mean Satch sounds like Satch, Steve sounds like Steve, Johnson sounds like Johnson. They all use their individual technical strengths to communicate something more than 32nd note sweeps etc.

Maybe I'm too old to apprieciate this kind of talent, but I'd take a Gilmour or Satch, or Ed, anyday of the week over these technical wonder cats.

I'm not tryin to carve to guy to bits, this is just my overall opinion on the technique vs feel/personality playing issue.
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

van halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I thinks its hard for guitarist to sound new and individual now. There are so many guitarist out there and its sometimes hard not to sound the same. Its almost all been done but when you think that usually somebody new comes out and somehow changes everything but with music now guitar is sooo boring, so now its time for me and other guitarist to step forward and get music in the right direction again!!!!
    Bringing real guitar solos back to music-RIP rhoads and Srv-Rock on vai-Wylde-slash-and eddie!!!!!!!!!!<br /> "I don't like to push the envelope, Id rather chuck grenades into it!" -Ted Nugent-<br /><br /> =PASSION AND WARFARE=<br /> "That stevie vai, what a nice little boy!" -the audience is listening-

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I tuned out about 2 minutes in. Very good playing, but......well I may go put in Tom Petty's "Full Moon Fever" to recover from this arsenal of notes,. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When I was 16/17 years old, and my thyroid was WAY hyper, my chops were like that. When I started getting really sick, my chops disappeared, as my timing went loooey. Eventually, it got to the point where I couldn't play at all.

When I recovered, my chops never came back. I had to relearn all the physical moves and retrain my muscles. To this day, they haven't even come CLOSE to what they were. BUT, through being so sick, I actually became creative; I was able to write, and I did so like mad. I have done everything from a small scale symphony, to a country tune written for a play, space age instrumentals, practice pieces, etc. The whole 9 yards.

I wouldn't give it up just to get my old chops back. Hell, they were a fluke anyway; I didn't 'earn' them like most guys did. I had an unusual condition. What the hell, right?

Yep, this kid's got chops, but so did all the guys from Shrapnel Records. It's not genius; it's merely technically incredible.

Maybe when he goes to school he'll learn about taste, melody, and composition. If that happens, then I'll be impressed. As for now, well, I've heard it all before, and I'm sure I'll hear it again.

[ May 21, 2001 at 08:03 PM: Message edited by: AbeVanHalen ]
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.