Register
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I've been playing for 20 years now, and have gone through a few guitars. I finally got a Wolfgang a few months ago, and every bit of praise that's been heaped on them is well deserved. It just FEELS like a guitar should. Bravo Ed and Peavey! I still have to get the old strat out pretty often, but the Wolf is just a flat out dream. I haven't played a EVHMM though. Tell me what you guys think, especially about the music man models.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I have been around since 1981. In that time I have played a lot of guitars and must say,Eddie's are the best. Even though I have beat them to shit. I have a black Wolfgang that is dead. Dead is the only word for it. I am not gonna get into it I left it in another post in the Guitar room if you wanna find it. I have owned everything and the WOlfgangs and EBMM are awesome!! I still have a white Wolfgang in a case upstairs I bring to gigs for backup. I had the Amber Wolfgang and the only word for that is Dead. I believe number 87869. Does anyone own it? The thing was beat beat beat. I mean non-playable but because of what it was,Guitar Center bought it from me and sold it for $3000 used!!!! Wow!!! I also enjoyed the Steinberger I had. Till I broke the trans trem off it. It was a white Elite. That things bar was like a hot knife going thru room temp. butter! The bitch was changing strings and finding strings for it. I recently sold a striped Kramer. Pretty nice but those are more for looks in a bedroom. I never used it live. The Clapton strat has a pretty interesting neck on it. But I am going off here,Eddie guitars are the best even though I can't let them live around here. Bye

------------------

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

06.08.05 @ 08:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

dude sounds like you are really rough on guitars!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just sold my quilt top wolf to get my fourth EB EVH. I love 'em too, but I gotta have a wolf to play, so I'm getting another.
    The sunburst quilt top wolf I had was a collectors piece, and too much responsibility for me. I was afraid to scratch it.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.28.08 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well here's where my opinions differ from you guys. The EBMM and the Wolfgang are great instruments, but I still haven't found a guitar that's perfect for everything I do. I love Strats, I love Les Pauls, love old Kramers, and yes love the Ed sig models, but I'm still looking. I do know this though, the EBMMs and the Wolfgangs have the most badass humbuckers I've ever heard, especially in the neck positions.

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!!!

EUAS Co-Founder

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!"....David Lee Roth

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Brownsound I know what you mean about the strat. I keep a strat at home, because I like to play them, and because that "tone" that only a strat can give you won't come out of either the EB or wolf. The wolf does remind me of a les paul at times though.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I agree with Tribb. My main axe is a Strat loaded with EMG's. Just bought my first Wolfgang a few months ago-it does seem to have a little bit of Les Paul in it.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

03.29.15 @ 06:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Has anyone here ever heard of TOM ANDERSON?
    (and I don't mean the next door neighbor of Beavis and Butthead)
    His guitars do it for me.
    John Suhr is also makin the superslamdowntownseeyaroundmofotoneshow of a guitar as well.
    Let me know if youguys are hiop to these.

------------------
    "I Got Myself a Brand New Oakland Scarf right here I say"

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I played Eb's and Wolfgang's in the store, but I really like PRS's. My friend has one and it feels more comfortable than any guitar I ve ever played. The neck feels like it was molded to the exact specifications of the palm of my hand. me, I am more into comfort and playability than sound .

ChrisPC84
    The Wolfgangs and EBMM's are good, but all their necks just don't feel right to me. My first, and current electric is an '86 Kramer. (it's just a funny coincidence because that was long before I got into EVH! )

I absolutely LOVE it, the neck sounds, feels, and looks great with the varnished finish. It has a plywood body,(Japanese Kramer I think) but it's really hard to tell by the sound, the neck and pickups are so good. It has EMG pickups in a humbucker/single/single setup.

I just really never got into Strats, they just sound all wrong to me, but I love the body style. BTW, Fender does make great picks!

[This message has been edited by ChrisPC84 (edited June 19, 2000 at 08:34 PM).]