Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad, Hang 'em High
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 10:56 AM
    Liked 2,848 Times in 1,230 Posts

Premium Member
    Does anyone in here own or have played a Washburn Nuno model? If you have I would be interested in any imput that you may have...Thanks

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I played the N4, and thought it was a well made guitar. It had lots of sustain and the clarity was good. The neck wasn't my personal favorite, but there was nothing wrong with it. It played fast. I think it had an ash body.
    Nuno just doesn't have the popularity that Ed does so his guitars don't sell as well, but that's no reflection on the quality of the guitar.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member
    Originally posted by tribb:
    I played the N4, and thought it was a well made guitar. It had lots of sustain and the clarity was good. The neck wasn't my personal favorite, but there was nothing wrong with it. It played fast. I think it had an ash body.
    Nuno just doesn't have the popularity that Ed does so his guitars don't sell as well, but that's no reflection on the quality of the guitar.
    Thanks Tribb! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] I was wondering if you could describe the neck a little bit more. It is flat and wide or is it a little more rounded? Geeze, sounds like I am being influenced by David Lee Roth with that question!!!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It wasn't too wide. It was more or less rounded like a strat neck. It wasn't wide and flat like an Ibanez wizard neck or anything. It was a comfortable neck to play and very fast. Also very easy to hit the upper registers. It wasn't hard at all to get a VH sound out of the guitar, but it does have it's own distinct sound. This particular guitar wasn't a great figured ash body like some others I've seen, but the N4's body wood is selected to be old growth wood so looks aren't always what you should look for. I have seen a no. of them that are beautiful though.
    I'm referring to the N4 though, not the N2 which I didn't care for.
    I don't know what the N4 uses for pickups but I just thought is was a well made guitar that sounded really good. I also blocked the trem at the back with a wooden shim so it would only drop in pitch and I think hat helped the tone. I kept it for about a month and a half as a backup guitar but I couldn't talk the owner( a buddy) down in price so I gave it back.
    I never intended to buy it originally but after playing it for awhile I decided to if I could get it for a reasonable price.
    I've played it a number of times since then and it's always a great guitar to play.
    The sound reminds me of kind of a cross between Ed and Steve vai's sound.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member
    Cool Trib....thanks...I agree that the N4 would probably be the way to go. I am thinking about trading one of my Wolfgang Standards for it. It is hard to find a reasonably price n4...

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They're very well made instruments, made of good quality woods and parts, and Nuno still puts his name on them so the quality and price tend to stay up there. The ash bodies they use are great sounding peices of wood.
    Good luck.

Favorite VH Album

The one with the :
    Favorite VH Song

high fast stuff.
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:44 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I think the top of the line Nunos had some kind of Bill Lawrence pickup in the bridge position.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

all
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hmm, i played the n4 paduak for a little time, but it doesnt work with my playing skills, and it also doesn´t work with the 5150 it sounds awfull to me. about a week or so i had tryed a p4, this guitar really sounds awsome to me, you may try it!
    "Who are you tryin' to get crazy with, ese? Don't you know I'm loco?" - Hansel, Zoolander. <br /><br />"You're talking loco and I like it!" - Hansel, Zoolander.<br /><br />"Sting. Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that."<br />Hansel, Zoolander

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:40 PM
    Liked 734 Times in 347 Posts

I played a new one in a shop in Chicago. This one had the wierd Washburn neck joint(can't remember what it's called). The older Nuno models had a regular heel joint. It did in fact have a Bill Lawrence pickup in the bridge position. The Bill Lawrence pickup kicks ass in this guitar. Overall, I would have to say that this guitar is worth every penny of the asking price. It has great sustain, probably due to the goofy looking oversized reversed, strat style headstock. I don't personally like the unfinished body, but it's still a great sounding and playing guitar. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

the neck joint is called the stephens extended cutaway joint. and in the bridge is an xl 500 lawarence humbucker. i think its a duncan in the neck. heres a funny story for you guys about music store politrics.........i once tried a black nouno signature model back in 94. it was used and apparently the store thought it was the korean model and it was marked at 380.00 with case. i played and it was awesome very clean distorted notes with a percussive attack. anyway i knew it was the real model and gave a deposit of 50.00 bucks .the mistake i made was that i commented that it was a great deal for the american model and the salesman said "thats the american model?". i came back 2 days later with the money and apparently the guitar fell off its stand and the neck broke in half and it wasnt even at that store branch anymore so heres your money back but we do have some korean models........
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Deftones , now and forever and only second to VH.

Dave or Sammy ?.........pffffft Eddie.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

01.07.12 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I play a Nuno. I love it. In fact, I'm looking at buying another one. It's the lightest guitar I've ever played and I love the sound. I run a Duncan Ful Shred in the bridge and I'm about to install a Fernandes Sustainer in the neck. It has a Duncan Distortion in the neck right now though. The action is super fast, and like someone else said it has good sustain. I does everything I want though. It's harmonics (pinched, artificial and natural) are outstanding. The newer ones, the ones with the Stephens extended cutaway, they didn't seem any different to me. but, regardless, great guitar.
    Eat Us and Smile!