Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Guys,
    I know I've seen this topic posted a couple of times, but I'm going to ask anyway. I have a Ebmm evh model and I love the sound it has. I was wondering if I could find a dimarzio pick-up that would give me a real close sound. Or Even a Seymour Duncan that comes close to that sound. I have a custom custom that I have for a 5150 project, but I'm waiting on a Gregg Rogers neck to finish it up. So I Haven't heard it yet. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] I need one more pickup for the other project I'm working on. [img]smile.gif[/img] I know a lot of this comes with actually hearing the pickup first hand, but I trust everybody's opinion on this.

Thanks boys [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've got good results from the dual tone...but it depends on the gear, the guitar etc.etc.
    The rumor: W.D.F.A-We Don't Fuck Around.<br />The truth: W.D.F.A-We Disregard Fans Abundently

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:00 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

Call DiMarzio and ask if they'll "custom-wind" you a Tone Zone "Custom". (they're not allowed to sell the pickup in the EBMM, but they may custom-wind one for you if you're really clear about what you want, *wink* *wink*).

If that doesn't work, try the Air Zone...from what I'm hearing, that actually does the trick better than the Tone Zone.

If you're looking for a Duncan, then try the Custom-5 (formerly the Custom Custom Custom).

It's the same pickup as your Custom Custom, but it has an Alnico 5 magnet in it, so it will more closely approach the EBMM in tone. There are people over at the Seymour Duncan boards who have removed their EBMM pickup and dropped in a Custom Custom, or a Custom 5.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Majestic:
    Call DiMarzio and ask if they'll "custom-wind" you a Tone Zone "Custom". (they're not allowed to sell the pickup in the EBMM, but they may custom-wind one for you if you're really clear about what you want, *wink* *wink*).

If that doesn't work, try the Air Zone...from what I'm hearing, that actually does the trick better than the Tone Zone.

If you're looking for a Duncan, then try the Custom-5 (formerly the Custom Custom Custom).

It's the same pickup as your Custom Custom, but it has an Alnico 5 magnet in it, so it will more closely approach the EBMM in tone. There are people over at the Seymour Duncan boards who have removed their EBMM pickup and dropped in a Custom Custom, or a Custom 5.
    Thanks for the info Majestic [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]