Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There are proabably some of you who own the both the Wolfgang and the Musicman models. So
    I was just wondering is there any variation in the two as to playability or tone even. I know this has probably been discused over and over again.But I would appreciate any answers you fine folks could give me.Thanks!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bryan, I find the Wolf has a larger and slightly more comfortable neck. The pickups are smoother sounding, although it's easy to get false harmonics and pick squeals any where on the neck. The EBMM EVH has a hotter sounding pickup, though not necessarily better. Sound can vary from guitar to guitar, but they're both pretty easy to coax Van halen type sounds out of. Although the necks are different, they're both pretty fast and have good action.

woodman
    TRIBB- my pickups in the ebmm seem to be not as hot as my maple top wolfgang.. 99-purple flame top wolfgang 92-purple quilt top EBMM VH
    2000- PURPLE-SPECIAL WOLFGANG

------------------

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Woodman, do you find they all sound hotter than the EBMM EVH? That's strange cause I've got 3 EBMM, and 1 wolf, but the EVH's all sound basically the same. I measured the out put of the pickups, and the EVH's measured at over 15k ohms, while the wolf measured 13.4k ohms at the bridge. I switch back and forth between the wolf and EVH. I think they both sound great, but I still think the EBMM sounds a little sharper and hotter. That's not a knock at the wolf though. I probably play that most.

woodman
    Tribb.....maybe i have a weak set of pickups in my ernie ball bought in 92...But its alright it lives in my closet most of the time....my wolfgangs are great....i have been playing since 75 ...and i am going to buy a tom anderson soon ..with single coil pickups...i justsold a fender 57 reissue ..time for a anderson..........out...

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Enjoy your Anderson, Woodman. I've never played one, but I've heard nothing but good things about them, so they must be great guitars. I started playing around 73. Never played anything but strats, and a cheesy kramer, till I heard my first EVH model in 92. That was it for me.