Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

06.22.15 @ 03:18 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Okey Dokey.

Tinzen

Mr. Lance Watts (of VH Strange and Twisted Tales fame) and I have worked very hard on this record and as a little sample teaser, I've put 5 songs up online.

I'd like nothing more than to hear your guys opinions on the songs, the production, and the guitar work.....

Cheers,
    Will

[ January 17, 2003, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: willyum ]
    not another dime from me, fellas...

tinzen

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.26.07 @ 11:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Very nice! Good work!
    My first time in the spotlight was from a helicopter.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Donor

Thanks!

I'll be downloading your as soon as I get home. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

tinzen

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

all
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

dude, i love it!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

i can hear the hard work you guys put into it, just keep up the good work [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] and i kinda like the style of how the drums and the guitars fit into the songs, and you have a fuckin´ great singer dude [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW: zenpop is on heavy rotation in my media-player i love this song
    "Who are you tryin' to get crazy with, ese? Don't you know I'm loco?" - Hansel, Zoolander. <br /><br />"You're talking loco and I like it!" - Hansel, Zoolander.<br /><br />"Sting. Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that."<br />Hansel, Zoolander

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Donor

Thanks very much gravedigger... That's awful cool of you to say... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

tinzen

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

all
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

this is a push-up-post

maybe it´s the wrong forum for some rock-pop tunes, but i like it [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] dude, some more people have to hear this [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW; is that you playing guitar and singing? or is it another guy singing? you should do a kinda homepage and let some more information out great singer.... it reminds me of some good old california-style tunes, put me in a good mood [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ January 20, 2003, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: gravedigger ]
    "Who are you tryin' to get crazy with, ese? Don't you know I'm loco?" - Hansel, Zoolander. <br /><br />"You're talking loco and I like it!" - Hansel, Zoolander.<br /><br />"Sting. Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that."<br />Hansel, Zoolander

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Currently - Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.28.12 @ 10:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Man, I really liked this stuff. SOme really good grooves going on there.

I personally liked Solar, Breathe Four Too, Moths and All Night in that order. They were my favourites. I liked Zen Pop, but it didn't capture me like the other ones did. Some very subtle playing there and I liked the fact that you didn't attempt to overplay.

The drums and solos fit in really nicely. Really good production and mixing. Is that you singing/playing guitars/drums then ?

Good skills dude ! I can't say anything more without it looking like you've paid me to say good things !

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "<i>You can please <b>some</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time,<br />And <b>all</b> of the people <b>some</b> of the time,<br />But you can't please <b>all</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time !</i>"<br /><br />(was Dave5150 on <b><i>The Pleasure Dome</i></b>)<br /><br />Check out some of my music at: <a href="http://www.dave5150.com" target="_blank">www.dave5150.com</a>

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Donor

Yeah that's me singing & playing everything. Wrote everything too.... 'Cept the drums which were mostly samples courtesy of Lance.

Lance produced and mixed and kicked my ass in to recording it in the first place.

Used my Wolfie on almost everything... Maybe a little bit of Les Paul and acoustic but mostly the Wolfgang....

Thanks for the compliments on the vox. I've always been pretty insecure abuot singing. Nice to hear your reviews....

Cheers.

PS I guess I'll have to get right on booking that European tour. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ January 22, 2003, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: willyum ]

tinzen

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

all
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

quote:

PS I guess I'll have to get right on booking that European tour

nooo, you should´nt do this, this rock thing is´nt very strong here in europe... too many boy and girlgroups, you know... sad, isn´t it, you´re country has always brought out some very talented guys, and here in germany we have these commercial tv shows "popstar", "teenstar", "next superstar" , like in your country "american idol" LOL

honestly, i say that you´re a very talented guy, very good singer, also guitar playin´ and so on, multitalented... but you won´t get that much attention in an van halen guitar forum, where mostly van halen-shredders like to hang around i´ll hope that you do some promotion elsewhere? i´d say there are at least 2-3 songs that have the quality to make it into the radio... maybe you´d have already an record deal?

BTW: my voice sucks i did some instrumentals, one day getting drunk i thought: "this is getting boring, lets sing to it!", bad idea [img]graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

if you have some other stuff i would be very happy if you´re gonna post it! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

(is my english getting better, or do i still suck?)

[ January 22, 2003, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: gravedigger ]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Donor

Gotcha...

I just figured since a lot of the bands I love are from Europe, things might be cool. I dunno how much of a market there is for music in general anywhere.

I also figure VH Fans are a little more broadminded than shredders. Not like Yngwie :The Focking Fury." [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again for being nice.

tinzen

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

all
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by willyum:
    Gotcha...

I just figured since a lot of the bands I love are from Europe, things might be cool. I dunno how much of a market there is for music in general anywhere.

I also figure VH Fans are a little more broadminded than shredders. Not like Yngwie :The Focking Fury." [img]smile.gif[/img]

LOL, you mean like scorpions? ohh nooooo [img]tongue.gif[/img] thats years ago, i hate them... hmm, what are you´re favorite bands?

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.17.12 @ 07:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great work!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Donor

Originally posted by gravedigger:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by willyum:
    Gotcha...

LOL, you mean like scorpions? ohh nooooo [img]tongue.gif[/img] thats years ago, i hate them... hmm, what are you´re favorite bands? </font>[/QUOTE]Well no... I can't really say there are many German bands outside of say, Can, that i really dig. I like of brit bands like the Cult, Oasis, the Verve (R.I.P.), the Doves, Travis, and other euro acts like Soundtrack of our Lives.

tinzen