Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

All of em
    Last Online

10.04.17 @ 06:34 AM
    Liked 58 Times in 37 Posts

Premium Member
    I was looking in my latest Mars catalog and I saw a sale on an effects pedal made by Zoom which advertises as having 33 different effects. Is anyone familiar with these types of pedals and if so are they good or what?
    WHOAOH! Hey you! Who said that? Baby how you been?

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

I played with a ZOOm when they first came out. At that time they sounded terrible but I've heard of other guys who have used them and swear by em so who knows!
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

02.21.17 @ 07:16 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

I bought a Zoom 505 when it first came out. It's pretty nifty, although the effects parameters aren't as adjustable as I need them to be. I actually used it for a couple of gigs and it survived fairly well. It's a great practice amp with headphones, but I'll be taking my stompboxes to gigs.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yea, Zooms are fun to play with at home and backstage, but onstage, uh uh.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 11:22 AM
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The best "preset" for a zoom or almost any multi effects pedal is "Off."

Unless. . .like tribb said, you are warming up backstage or playing in your bedroom.
    www.facebook.com/revery
    If you like cool, rock music, check out REVERY. We've put out two albums, and an EP. We were signed back in '06 and toured the US (our single Popstar Wedding was all over the radio back then). Our latest album, Adora De Phonic is available on Itunes, Amazon, etc.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was extremely impressed with the Boss GT5. Way better than Zooms. I haven't tried the digitechs though - how do they rate?
    RD<br /><br />"Rock 'n' Roll is my second favourite thing in the whole world" - DLR (1983)<br /><br />"We don't go for perfection, we just go for spirit." - EVH (1981)

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

I played around with the RP2000. It's an all in wonder box, and for me I hated it.

But in all fairness to those who do like them, I've never been an effects type of guy. Anything I use, I like to be transparent. I like to be able to have a "mix" or "blend" knobby which enables you to almost embed to effect into your tone. To me it sounds much more natural [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Unfortunatley most of the modulation effects that I like come with a big price tag, so never mind them!
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yea, the line 6 stuff's good for blending.
    By the way, Homeunit, my guitar's ready. I pick it up thurs. I'm freakin.. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Last Online

09.26.15 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 17 Times in 5 Posts

I'm the proud and happy owner of a RP2000, and my reaction to homeunit's comments about it don't surprise me. A "problem" with the unit is that it can do so much and takes some time to learn. Sometimes trying to get it to sound how you want can take awhile, and can get in the way of playing. I consider myself "gadget literate", as I work in TV with computers and stuff, so though it took some time, I've been able to get it to do what I want. However, I'd imagine a majority of players would prefer to get a good tone with as little tinkering as possible. On ebay, there's folks selling their RP2000s because they found them difficult to use....that's how I got mine, hardly used and cheap. It works for me because I play mostly at home at headphones and I like being able to get different sounds. It all depends on what you're looking for, and if multi-effects pedals are your bag, I'd recommend it. I beleive the price has dropped since the introduction of their newer models. BTW home, it is possible to "mix" the level of the effect on it, but like I said, it takes some tinkering. And what kind of guitar are you getting tribb??

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Whoa Tribb!! No sleep for you tonight!

kpl, I noticed the mix function, but I found the whole thing way to complicated. It's like they tried to jam too much into it.

I'm sure on it's own, it's fine, but with the POD Pro it just didn't work for me. Mind you, it's hard to incorparate much in the way of effects into the POD [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a 505 that's collecting dust. I like the way it sounds through a pair of headphones, but just doesn't work into my live rig. Not enough knobs. I am not into the whole "menu driven" gadgets. Gimmie something I can turn and pull. Not an LCD.

Should someone pick one up?

If you've got the patience.

KPL, I edit viedo all day long on an Avid , and I find that a lot easier than adjusting the amount of gain on my 505.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I tried an RP2000 awhile ago, and it wasn't the programming aspect that bothered me. It was the digital vibe that it has. No matter how you tinker with the presets it still sounds cold and digital to me. The tones just don't sound anywhere close to what they should sound like.
    For the money you could have gotten a pod, which actually does sound closer to a tube driven circuit than anything out so far.
    Of course it's in the ear of the person using it so if sounds good then it is good for you. I'm not being sarcastic when I say that either.
    KPL, have you tried any of the Line 6, or Flextone products?
    The guitar I'm getting is a custom made job that I've been waiting quite a bit of time for.
    I'd like to post a picture of it on this thread, but I'm not sure how to do it.
    Yea, HomeUnit, I ordered a new case for it from the states. It arrived last monday, and it's sitting by the door waiting to go tomorrow. We've got a rehearsal tomorrow night so I'll be able to put it through it's paces.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Tribb, send me the pic, and we'll get her up for you!

My buddy just got himself a semi-rodded jcm 800! Fuck does it ever sound good!

I'm currently auditioning power amps, and if that doesn't work, Triple Rec here I come [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Last Online

09.26.15 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 17 Times in 5 Posts

Jimmy-
    Nice to know there's a fellow AVID jockey on the links...I'm writing this on the same computer I use to edit on at work right now... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Tribb-
    I'll have to agree with you on the "digital vibe" aspect of the RP2000. It lacks I guess you could say, "warmth". Or a similar analogy would be listening to a song off of vinyl and the same song on CD. I myself prefer the analog warmth of the vinyl as opposed to the digital "lifelessness"

I was planning on getting a POD, but at the time, I found a RP2000 for less, and I figured it was a better buy with the expression pedal and footswitches built in without having to get in addition to the POD. With kids,bills, and the frickin obscene cost of living here in Hawaii, I'm used to looking for the best deals I can get. It does what I want it to do, and though I like playing with different sounds, I spend a majority of my time with and Marshall-like setting.