Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Can anyone tell me if they used it what they think of it? Much appreciated [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Also, if you used it, what did you do? I am thinking of using my little crap computer mic to the amp rather than plug in directly to the computer so that I have more control from my amp. Anyone use this setup before???

[ November 20, 2002, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: el_jalepeno ]

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, WACF, FW, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

"They\'re all hit singles, man" - DLR
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think you can get a trial version at the website. I believe its limited to 30 sec. per clip? I'm not sure. I'll try it as well if anyone can give some insight on it.
    Right Now...My gf is probably reading my posts.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up the Sky
    Last Online

01.10.12 @ 05:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Instead of downloading the trial version....

Just download the full version from Bearshare ( a Napster clone.)

You may also see things like Cool Edit Pro with Crack. This is the crack file that makes the trial version...a FULL version.

Make sure you download the crack file in the same directory as the main file.

Thats what I did and it works perfectly.

Havent used it for a whole lot of recording though. Don't dabble enough with it.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.17.09 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I use it religiously. Some of the stuff I have done with it is Here I do all the guitar stuff with a cheap ass computer mic in front of my amp and use the drum and keyboard patches from their sister site www.loopology.com its really good stuff [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by ericgtr:
    I use it religiously. Some of the stuff I have done with it is Here I do all the guitar stuff with a cheap ass computer mic in front of my amp and use the drum and keyboard patches from their sister site www.loopology.com its really good stuff [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Fucking incredible! What about the bass line? How did you get that?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by blfrd:
    Instead of downloading the trial version....

Just download the full version from Bearshare ( a Napster clone.)

You may also see things like Cool Edit Pro with Crack. This is the crack file that makes the trial version...a FULL version.

Make sure you download the crack file in the same directory as the main file.

Thats what I did and it works perfectly.

Havent used it for a whole lot of recording though. Don't dabble enough with it.
    Hey man, not cool to bring that up... [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img] I looked for the crack before the program just to make sure I could use it

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.17.09 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by el_jalepeno:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ericgtr:
    Fucking incredible! What about the bass line? How did you get that?</font>[/QUOTE]I just tuned my guitar down and then mixed out the high end both in the amp and through cooledit, its cheesy at best lol. Especially if you listen to the Ozzy tune, its all fucked up in the beginning and too loud and buzzy. I just try to fake it as best as I can, I also lay down a few guitar tracks to thicken it up. This can be done by copying and pasting the tracks but I like to play over it in real time because it sounds more human that way. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

BTW the tune in there called "studio" was actually done it a studio not with cool edit. I have no claims to that song either, some dude hired me to come in and "van halenize" it as he put it, so I did what I could with it LOL. Sort of like putting makeup on a pig.

[ November 21, 2002, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: ericgtr ]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by ericgtr:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by el_jalepeno:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ericgtr:
    Fucking incredible! What about the bass line? How did you get that?</font>[/QUOTE]I just tuned my guitar down and then mixed out the high end both in the amp and through cooledit, its cheesy at best lol. Especially if you listen to the Ozzy tune, its all fucked up in the beginning and too loud and buzzy. I just try to fake it as best as I can, I also lay down a few guitar tracks to thicken it up. This can be done by copying and pasting the tracks but I like to play over it in real time because it sounds more human that way. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

BTW the tune in there called "studio" was actually done it a studio not with cool edit. I have no claims to that song either, some dude hired me to come in and "van halenize" it as he put it, so I did what I could with it LOL. Sort of like putting makeup on a pig.
    </font>[/QUOTE]It's all good stuff [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] Now, once I figure this puppy out, I will get some of my own licks up here. What better way to get to know your board buds than to hear them play?!? [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll probably be hitting you up for pointers on this software in the near future. Thanks for all your help [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]