On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

van halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi has any one played a LaneyVh100R guitar head? I heard some sound clips and I fell in love with it. Andy Timmons and Paul Gilbert have used them what do you guys think of it??????
    Bringing real guitar solos back to music-RIP rhoads and Srv-Rock on vai-Wylde-slash-and eddie!!!!!!!!!!<br /> "I don't like to push the envelope, Id rather chuck grenades into it!" -Ted Nugent-<br /><br /> =PASSION AND WARFARE=<br /> "That stevie vai, what a nice little boy!" -the audience is listening-

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Yeah, im actually thinking of buying the RH200, you can get them off of ebay for around $200-$250.
    And there solid state, so there's allot less worries when buying them used from someone else.

Nice scooped metal tone, if that's your thing, and there super quiet when your not playing. A 200 watt head for the price of a 65 watt practice amp, it's hard not to pick one up just for the hell of it.

The Cyclone is really nice to, and about as HEAVY sounding as one could imagine. It's kinda expensive though, for a solid state Laney. Musicians Friend has them listed at around $850.00 I think, for that I would just buy a 5150 head.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

WHOA!!!! Laney, Randall, Randall, Laney, ummmm...

I think I got them mixed up, but the Randall is nice, I don't know anything about the Laney though, sorry!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Edward Van Halen:
    Hi has any one played a LaneyVh100R guitar head? I heard some sound clips and I fell in love with it. Andy Timmons and Paul Gilbert have used them what do you guys think of it??????
    Hi,

From what I understand the older AOR Laney 100 and 50 watters are supposed to have a better tone more than one person has told me that but I don't know first hand, I nearly bought a 100 watt Laner yesterday from ebay but ended up buying an older JCM 800 modded with EQ and another channel
    Rol.