Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

FW,WACF,Van Halen 1, FUCK,Balance,5150
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

06.16.05 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I want to try out a DSL-100 or a DLS-50 or a TSL-100, because I've just now saved up enough money to buy one, but I don't live near anywhere that has one. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] I want to buy somthing used but I want to try one out first. I'm just wondering if any one uses or owns one and can give me an honest review (or sound clips) of it. Don't mean to steal you thread or anything dude, I just have a similar question that I didn't really think deserved its own thread.

[ September 28, 2002, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: NxtVanHalen. ]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't have the opportunity to try alot of Marshalls out thats why I like opinions so I can narrow my amps down! I am not going to mess with looking for a modded marshall head to try and reproduce Ed's 1st album sound or anything. Just wondering which Marshall head will produce Ed's 80s tone the best--Fair Warning, 5150, OU812 tone! I understand that nothing is going to get Ed's sound perfect but thats OK.

I would play my new Marshall head though
    a Wolfgang SP, Marshall 4x12 cab. w/ Vintage 30s
    and various effects
    "When I found the guitar, I refused to take lessons. This was my <br />real emotional release, and I didn't want to be taught how to <br />approach the instrument." Eddie Van Halen<br /><br />"While I believe our band will be most triumphant, the truth is Wyld Stallions will never be a super band until we get Eddie Van Halen on guitar." Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

RUNAROUND
    Last Online

09.11.13 @ 09:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I BOUGHT A DSL 100 WATT HEAD NEW AND TRIED IT FOR AWHILE BUT I LEARNED TO HATE IT REALLY QUIK.IT JUST SOUNDED TOO FAKE.MARSHALL MAKE A RE-ISSUE OF THE 1959 SLP SUPER LEAD PLEXI WICH IS SIMILAR TO EDS OLD AMP(SEE MUSICIANS FRIEND #483101B) I HAVE ONE OF THEESE AND WITH A LITTLE POWER MOD I CAN CRANK THE HELL OUT OF IT AND IT COMES CLOSE.I ALSO HAVE AND DON'T LAUGH A CRATE RED VOODOO SAMMY HAGAR HEAD WICH IS WAY WAY DIFFERENT FROM THE BLUE VOODOO SERIES AND WITH A LITTLE EQ AND DELAY I CAN GET CLOSER TO EDS EARLIER SOUND THAN WITH ANYTHING I HAVE EVER TRIED. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Give me a bottle of anything and a jelly donut.....TO GO!!!!<br /> DLR 86'

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well if you're going to get a Marshall, the closest you'll get without spending a fortune is to get an early 70's metal panel Marshall. A four input non master Super Lead or 50 watter. You could also get decently close with a late 70's master volume JMP 2203 or 2204.

Something else to consider are Budda amps. These amps are very close to that Eddie Marshall sound. The great thing about the Budda's is that while they sound better cranked up a bit they still sound great at low volumes, plus they have channel switching and effects loops that the old Marshalls don't have. I have the Budda Superdrive 30. It's the most Eddie sounding amp I have and that's up against a 1971 Marshall JMP50. These amps are also in about the same price range as new Marshalls. Can't recommend them enough if you want an Eddie Marshall vibe with modern features.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:00 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

Originally posted by GEC5150:
    I ALSO HAVE AND DON'T LAUGH A CRATE RED VOODOO SAMMY HAGAR HEAD WICH IS WAY WAY DIFFERENT FROM THE BLUE VOODOO SERIES AND WITH A LITTLE EQ AND DELAY I CAN GET CLOSER TO EDS EARLIER SOUND THAN WITH ANYTHING I HAVE EVER TRIED. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    No.

6L6.

No.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

vanhalen 1
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

11.06.14 @ 03:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

get a reissue plexi 100 watt and talk to the guys over at the plexi palace.especially sphere88,he can nail the vh sound him self..