Register

Thread: What the F#@%

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I dunno. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I just got Dweezil's album Automatic.
    I've always been a really big fan of Dweezil, but I thought this was a huge peice of crap.
    The first song Frankenstension, and the last song Purple Guitar weren't bad, but you're pissin cash down the toilet for the rest of it.
    You're a mean one Mr. Grinch? Gimme a fuckin break.
    Oh, I feel so violated [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

[ March 21, 2002 at 08:05 PM: Message edited by: tribb ]</p>

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:46 AM
    Liked 728 Times in 345 Posts

Yeah, I liked big D. too, so I thought his new amp would be smokin', but the thing is a huge piece of crap. Maybe I just didn't spend enough time in the music store dicking with the nonsensical controls on the thing, but I couldn't get one sound out of the thing that I liked.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by tribb:
    I dunno. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I just got Dweezil's album Automatic.
    I've always been a really big fan of Dweezil, but I thought this was a huge peice of crap.
    The first song Frankenstension, and the last song Purple Guitar weren't bad, but you're pissin cash down the toilet for the rest of it.
    You're a mean one Mr. Grinch? Gimme a fuckin break.
    Oh, I feel so violated [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    Jeez, I was just thinking about ordering that one, too! What's the deal, just a little too "out there"? Didn't Gary Hoey already cover the Grinch song?

I've always liked Dweezil, he's an excellent guitarist, but unfortunately it doesn't seem as though he inherited all that much of his father's compositional genius. Still, those are some pretty massive shoes to try and fill.

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Still, those are some pretty massive shoes to try and fill.
    Man, you've got that right. You might like it though, hard to say.
    I just thought he'd do more stuff that was inventive and had more flare to it.
    The theme for Hawaii Five-O just didn't do it for me. He sure wasn't pushing his talent on this one.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by SirBrownSound:
    unfortunately it doesn't seem as though he inherited all that much of his father's compositional genius. Still, those are some pretty massive shoes to try and fill.
    I agree with that. He has the unlucky burden of having to live up to his father. Dweezil is not the musical genius Frank was. But really, living up to Frank or just being as unique and creative as he was is damn near impossible.

I do however like the automatic album. Maybe its just because of purple guitar, I don't know. That tune just rips.
    "If at first you don't understand Van Halen's music, crank up the volume."
    -Washington Post, April, 1980