Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 08:19 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

Hey guys, I've already emailed the seller of this item.....he was less than pleased.

In a follow-up message, I told him that ALL Wolfgang guitars are FINE instruments, but that he should ADVERTISE what he's actually SELLING.

Quilt Top Wolfgang Special?

If you can't get the URL to work, just type in item # 901 360 776

Anyway, the 'Buy It Now' price looks reasonable. I don't really see a problem with the guitar, however, I do believe that someone could become VERY disappointed not in the guitar ITSELF, but that their TRANSACTION was based on a false premise.

He swears (literally ) up & down that even though it *IS* (as he admits) a Korean Wolf, that it's no different from American Specials, and says that some Korean Wolfs now come with *OR* without Ed's signature on the back.

Interestingly enough, he then goes on to say that the fact that the "quilted maple top" is a laminate, isn't relevant, since it's still technically maple, even though it's only less than a 1/4th of the size of the regular maple cap.

This is very disturbing if this is true.

He also insists that since it says "Wolfgang Special" on the headstock, that he shouldn't have to clarify that it's a Wolfgang Special EXP QT.

What do you guys think of his various points?

[ August 26, 2002, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Majestic ]

Last Online

07.24.08 @ 07:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It looks Korean to me.

I've played one recently and it was "OK", but the quality just isn't there.

1. The trem was cast aluminum and did not set back flush to the body.
    2. The neck looked more like pine than maple.
    3. The tuners looked like plastic.
    4. The retaining bar was set about an inch off the headstock to compensate for the non-tilt headstock.
    5. The neck heel is not contoured to the body.

Actually, I don't think Ed should put his name on this model. It is not what he designed. IMO.

Peace!
    First God - Then Family - Then Money - Then Van Halen

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yep that's a Korean. That tiny dark area in the sunburst that looks more like black binding is a dead giveaway. The US special flametops in sunburst have a much larger black/dark brown ring in the sunburst.

My local Peavey dealer just got 7 of those in, 2 amber, 2 blue, 2 sunburst, 1 maroon. I played all 7 of them and I only like one amber one enough to consider buying but they were firm on $650. So, so far in my experience I've only like 1 out of every 7 I've played. That one amber one though, I would've bought if it was more like $450.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Well, like I said, I've helped out people selling items before, and believe it or not, gotten nothing but apologies, either due to an "honest mistake", or because the seller knew he'd been caught.

Check out this reply below from the guy selling the guitar. NOTE: I never flat-out accused him of lying. I told him that the Korean Wolf is a fine guitar in its own right, but that he should ADVERTISE what he's actually SELLING. I didn't make that remark until he became hostile.

Oh, I also told him that getting angry and hurling insults wouldn't make his transaction any more "honest". He wasn't happy with that remark.

Anyway, this guy kicks my *ss pretty good....check it out :

Asshole it is a Wolfgang Special so what the fuck are you talking about.You dont know shit.I described it exactly.I didnt lie.You show me one fucking lie.I dont care where it was made.It is a Special.I never said it had US hardware or pickups.In the blue book and on the Peavey website it says nothing about there being a difference so you are a fucking retard.There really is somthjing wrong with you.You cant understand simple facts.You show me where it says there is a difference.Show me one piece of literature on this.You know what you cant.You are talking 100% out of your ass.Show me please.Go to the Peavey Web site and show me.And show me on the Harmony Central website where it says that what i have isnt a Special.Leave me alone idiot
    And more friendly chatter:

I am not misleading any one.It is a Wolfgang Special and it clearly says that right on the headstock idiot and I am not saying that it was made in the USA.Show me where i say that.I actually did not know where it was made until after the auction ran because it did not say anywhere on the guitar.And to top it off look at the price.It is a great price wether it is a Korean or a USA model.So what the hell are you talking about.Do me a favor and save your stupid comments to your self.First of all you are talking out of your ass.Second of all look at the price and that may tell you somthing.Third of all it is a Quilted Maple Top wheter it is a Laminate or a solid Top.IYTt sjust like a Falme top Epiphone vs a Flame top Gibson.They are both Flame Tops its just the thickness.The difference is the thickness. Fourth it cleary says Wolfgang Special right on the headstock and one of them has the Eddie Signature on it.I think that you are the only asshole that would think that it is somthing that it isnt.So my friend you now nothing about guitars.You cant tell me shit.I have been fixing,dealing and collecting guitars and been in the buisness for almost 35years. ALSO LOOK AT MY FEEDBACK.When you get 1000AAA+ feedbacks come back and tell me how to do buisness.I bet you have never even sold anything on the auctions.So thanks but keep your fuck face out of my buisness ASSHOLE
    Actually, I'm not done yet. It appears that each email I sent to him, seemingly generated 2 or 3 replies on his part.

The following is from another separate email. Check it out:

You are a looser and i am totally honest.I have great feedback and you are a asshole.That is the bottom line.Fuck off and get a life.Dont you have anything better to do with your sorry ass.You are a looser and i bet you dont even have a chick.Go out and get laid and leave me the fuck alone.Worm
    (.........for the record, I poured the corn to a girl on Saturday afternoon that he wouldn't be allowed to touch with a 10 foot pole..... )

Anyway, this guy is a real trip. I sent him 3total emails....none containing profanity....the final 2 did contain insinuations that if he didn't re-list the item, he wasn't being honest as a seller. He's banned my email address from contacting him, yet he keeps sending me hate mail.

It's sort of a reverse-stalker thing.

I did copy the top bidder on the email I'd sent to the seller. He responded with a 'thanks man', and is looking elsewhere.

Gotta go now....I'm going to "go get a life and get laid".
    [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Majestic:
    [QB]Well, like I said, I've helped out people selling items before, and believe it or not, gotten nothing but apologies, either due to an "honest mistake", or because the seller knew he'd been caught.

I emailed him also and this guy is a total loooooooser idiot, I got nothing but insults from him, I say we spam the fuckhead eh ?? [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    Rol.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

van halen
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

keep em comin majestic, those are f*cking hilarious e-mails. you worm...lol

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Damn that guy laid into you didn't he Majestic! For him to come back like that it sounded like he knew he wasn't telling the whole story on the guitar and was pissed that someone called him on it. Nice work Majestic!

My thing is that this guy knows so much about guitars yet he thinks since a Korean and US Wolf Special both have Wolfgang Special on the headstock than they are exactly the same. Riiiiiiiiiiight. So by that philosophy, I can make up a bunch of warmoth EBMM Axis' with cheaper pickups and hardware put the logo's on the headstock and it's not misleading? COOL! I'm gonna be rich and have lots of feedback like this guy.

Just to piss the guy off I say we all send him a simple e-mail asking him if its a Korean Wolfgang. I'm sending one now. I'm jealous and want to be cursed out like Majestic was!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.22.13 @ 03:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If I didn't know better, I'd assume this guy took a page out of the Ed Roman Customer Service book. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Hey, if you've got the time, and the inclination to save another unknowing E-Bay user, then by all means, go for it....send the guy an email.

The trick is to *EDUCATE*, not to *FRUSTRATE* him. By E-Bay's accounts, he's a good seller with an outstanding transaction record. He merely needs to be shown that he's wrong on THIS instance.

If you keep it polite, and don't tip your hand, he probably won't accuse you of being an associate of mine, although Rol was pretty polite to him, and still got his *ss reamed.

The guy really needs to re-list his item, that much I know, but there isn't anything I can do now.....he's disallowed my email address.

Like I said, I didn't include ANY profanity, and didn't insinuate he was being dishonest until the 2nd and 3rd message I sent him.

I believe the worst thing I said to the guy was something along the lines of, "....swearing and hurling insults isn't going to make your item listing any more HONEST....", or something to that effect.

His refusal to Re-List the item, to me, is a blatant indicator of his sense of guilt-induced false self-righteousness. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

If you really wanna frustrate him, send an email to every bidder BESIDES Mr. Diamond. Mr. Diamond was the highest bidder who, after being carbon copied on the email I sent to the seller, stopped bidding on the item. Last I checked, it still hadn't met reserve. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

I think I might start a thread like this once every couple of weeks or so, as I spot these false advertisements, so long as I remember, and have the time.

I think the point should be to educate both the seller & the bidder, which usually results in a re-listing. I'm certainly not out to destroy anyone's reputation or cause hard feelings.

(Then again, it's almost impossible to avoid that when you're dealing with a shady character.)

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well I guess I was pretty polite, here's the reply I got when I asked if it was a Korean.

Hi
    I think this one is a Korean model.But i am not positive.It does not say anywhere and i have asked many many people and no one really knows for sure.But either way it is a great price
    Peace

I sent him a reply telling him I could help and told him how to identify a Korean Wolf. This is part where he either curses me out, edits the ad, or ignores the info I've given him. My guess is door 3.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

"......I don't know for sure, but either way, it's a great price........"
    Nice g*ddamn logic, pal. It blows my mind that he says that.

That's like saying, ".....I don't know if it's a DiMarzio Fred, or a DiMarzio Evolution, but either way, $20 for a pickup is an outstanding price....."

I think it DOES matter! He's NOT SELLING what he's ADVERTISING! The "fair" price is irrelevant!

LarryJ, humor me, and let him know that you're not just saying that the parts are MADE in Korea, but that the guitar's construction, parts, and sound are flat-out *different*. Not bad, just *different*.

We're not comparing 2 different chocolate ice creams with identical ingredients that are made in 2 different countries.

We're comparing 2 different chocolate ice creams that FLAT-OUT use different ingredients, and therefore *TASTE* different, and have a different market value, in addition to a different "perceived" sentimental value.

Never mind, he'll point to some blue book, and insist that there's no documentation of the difference.

(Sorry about the ice cream thing) [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

Live Music Capital of the World" Austin, Texas!
    Favorite VH Album

5150 Baby!
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

07.15.12 @ 04:57 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Ya'll,

I just sent that jackass a question and here's what I said:

Sir,

Is that a Koren Wolfgang Special because it looks rather suspecious compared to a US Wolf Special. If that's the case, I'm out because I smell a pile of Stinkie Horse Shit on this deal.

Thanks for nothing!

Favorite VH Album

5150 Baby!
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I also e-mail the highest bidder and let him know what was going down.

You guys e-mail him too; we can't let this scam go on.

Dan

Favorite VH Album

5150 Baby!
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's what the guy replied to me:

What is suspicious can i ask.I have had more bullshit about this guitar than it is worth.It clearly says
    WOLFGANG EVH SPECIAL.Thats what this guitar is.It does not say anywhere on the guitar where it
    is made.So i am not sure.But at this price it is a deal no matter where it is made.If its USA then its a
    steal.If its Korean its a great price.There is nothing SUSPICIOUS.I am not claiming anything about
    this guitar that is not true.It is what it is.So i dont know what you are trying to say.LOOK at my
    FEEDBACK.That should say everything

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Well, it looks like the story of the 'Dishonest Korean Wolfgang Salesman' is finally over.

Someone picked it up for $500 with the Buy It Now option.

Actually, I think this is a happy ending, as I think the Korean Wolf found its perfect owner, somebody who won't feel "ripped-off".

Here are the e-mails the new owner and I exchanged:

My email to him:
    Just wanted to let you know you've bid on a Korean Wolfgang. (You may have already identified this).

There is some confusion on the web regarding this.....just wanted to make sure you were "in-the-know"
    His reply to me:
    Hey,

You think this is gonna be a bad guitar? I've played for a long time, but only as a hobbie. The $2G model is definately one to love, but do you
    think for the price this will be all that bad?

What do you think?

Thanks!
    Dave.
    My response to him:

Just wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting.

I mailed the seller 2 days ago and asked him to change the listing, as he isn't really advertising it correctly. He wasn't too happy about that. It is a flat-out DIFFERENT guitar than the Wolfgang Special. For instance, it has different components, the pickups are said to product a different sound, and it lacks Eddie Van Halen's endoresement on the back of the headstock.

If you only play guitar as hobby, or sort of "on the side" then you should really enjoy this guitar. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

$500 seems to be a very fair price for this guitar, especially since it's new. The intent of my email was only to clarify that you've bought a Korean model.....not an American Wolfgang Special, which sells for around $500 to $700 even if it's USED.

You'll probably really enjoy this guitar. Wolfgangs of any make have a very distinct look, and a unique feel.

Later, Bro!

Maj
    So there you have it.

THE END