Favorite VH Album

All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 10:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Has anyone snagged this CD yet?

I've been waiting forever for something had the Crossroads "Headcuttin" duel on it. I d/l it off Napster, but lost it after harddrive crash. It's got some other cool shit on it, if you're a fan of VAI.

The thing that I was really glad that was on this was "THE FINAL GUITAR SOLO" from "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey"...I JUST LOVE THAT SHIT!!!!!!

So if you're a Vai fan of some his movie contributions, or just a Vai fan regardless, check this mother out!

Fucking Final Guitar Solo kicks some fuckin ass!!!!
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

On Fire
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:34 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 18 Posts

The album is one of the three initial CD's that comes with Vai's boxset which I have. It's a fantastic CD. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

As the album is now getting released on it's own, I feel a little disappointed that the CD will not be limited to the 10,000 sales of the boxset.

Favorite VH Album

All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 10:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Why are you disappointed man?

What else does the box set have? I never bought Sex an Religion dude, because I heard some bad things about it.

Haven't got Fire Garden or Ultra Zone, or Alive in an Ultra World yet either, cause don't know what to expect.

That VOL.1 CD is too good to limit to 10 grand man....
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad, Hang 'em High
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 10:56 AM
    Liked 2,848 Times in 1,230 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by TheMightyCopenHalenII:
    [QB]Why are you disappointed man?

[b]What else does the box set have? [B] QB]
    There is a Frank Zappa CD with a bunch of stuff that Vai did "stunt" guitar on. I love Zappa and it is actually a very good cd.

Also, the Alcatrazz disc that Vai played on is in there. I'm not a big nut about 80's heavy metal, but I think the Alcatrazz CD is pretty cool. You can here a lot the beginnings of Vai songs on that record. Especially "Answers" from Passion and Warfare.

Haven't got Fire Garden or Ultra Zone, or Alive in an Ultra World yet either, cause don't know what to expect.
    Ultra Zone is a great CD and has some of favorite Vai tunes on it. I think that his singing gets pretty tiresome though. My favorites are the first 4 songs and add Windows to the Soul (#7). He also does the electronically orchestrated song called Lucky Charms that is very unique and extremely cool. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] The songs that he sings on tend to get skipped a lot.

Fire Garden has a bunch of really good songs, but they are all the instrumentals. Again, I am not a big fan of his singing and skip almost the entire 2nd half. What's up with these guitar players who think they can be lead singers??? (Satch, Vai, EDDIE!) Fire Garden is soooo long that it is worth it just for the first half.

Alive in an Ultra World is just a bunch of jams. It is cool if you are a real instrumental/Vai fan, but I wouldn't recommend it to someone unless they are die hard. But, like everything Vai does, in my humble (ahem) opinion, it has its moments.

If you like Elusive Light and Sound, I think you should pick up all these discs. Or find your way over to Kazaa... [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] Not that I condone sharing copyrighted music (cough cough)...

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Reckless Fable:
    There is a Frank Zappa CD with a bunch of stuff that Vai did "stunt" guitar on. I love Zappa and it is actually a very good cd.
    Thats the disc I want to hear. I don't think its available separately and I don't want all 3 discs so much.
    "If at first you don't understand Van Halen's music, crank up the volume."
    -Washington Post, April, 1980

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Reckless Fable:
    [b] </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by TheMightyCopenHalenII:
    [QB]Why are you disappointed man?

[b]What else does the box set have? QB]

Also, the Alcatrazz disc that Vai played on is in there. I'm not a big nut about 80's heavy metal, but I think the Alcatrazz CD is pretty cool. You can here a lot the beginnings of Vai songs on that record. Especially "Answers" from Passion and Warfare.

Ultra Zone is a great CD and has some of favorite Vai tunes on it. I think that his singing gets pretty tiresome though. My favorites are the first 4 songs and add Windows to the Soul (#7). He also does the electronically orchestrated song called Lucky Charms that is very unique and extremely cool. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] The songs that he sings on tend to get skipped a lot.

Fire Garden has a bunch of really good songs, but they are all the instrumentals. Again, I am not a big fan of his singing and skip almost the entire 2nd half. What's up with these guitar players who think they can be lead singers??? (Satch, Vai, EDDIE!) Fire Garden is soooo long that it is worth it just for the first half.

Alive in an Ultra World is just a bunch of jams.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I am Vai lover, but Ultrasound IMO was a total (give or take a song or 2) piece of junk, I listened to that thing for a week to try and "get it" but it was just horrid it's his "3" [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    but on the other hand Fire Garden is awesome my favorite by far, and I don't understand the knock on his singing it is miles above the pathetic EVH or the ear twisting no note holdin' Satch, I think he actually sings good and the second half of that CD really grows on you "little Alligator" is a kick ass tune, anyway "Alien Love secrets"
    P&W, S&R and Fire Garden are must haves, I havn't heard the new soundtrack CD but I'm sure I will
    Rol.

On Fire
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:34 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 18 Posts

Originally posted by TheMightyCopenHalenII:
    Why are you disappointed man?

What else does the box set have? I never bought Sex an Religion dude, because I heard some bad things about it.

That VOL.1 CD is too good to limit to 10 grand man....
    The boxset will include everything Vai has done but not including his previous albums. At $55 plus shipping ($23 to Australia) for the first three CD's and limited to 10,000 copies you would think that the CD's in the boxset would have some exclusivity. But it's Vai's music so he can do what ever he wants with it.

BTW I agree with Rol, even though his voice can get a little tiresome Vai's singing is a whole lot better than EVH's and Satch's.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I also agree about Vai singing voice. He's one of the few guitarists in this genre whose voice I like. Maybe because I got turned on to his solo stuff from flexable which had a decent amount of vocal tunes.
    "If at first you don't understand Van Halen's music, crank up the volume."
    -Washington Post, April, 1980