Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

04.30.08 @ 09:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

...any comments?

http://www.line6.com/products.asp?id...ion=1&item=247

I think it rocks! I can't wait to get my hands on the first edition. I suppose in the future with a change in modeling software, it can faithfully emulate other "signature" instruments such as tone-accurate Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughn strats, EVH FrankenStrat, Page Les Paul or even a Tony Iommi SG.

There could be "rock"-specific models created, "country"-specific, "alt-rock" guitar emulation (12-string Rickenbackers and Danelectros, etc). And since it is all based in software the possibilities are endless! Even non-traditional stringed instruments can be emulated!

However, I think the bodies look a bit too clean and "new" for my tastes. Perhaps a "relic-looking" edition could go along with a "vintage-Rock" model?

John

Note to Line 6 corporation: All ideas of future Variaxes are hereby copyrighted by JJS, August 2002. Please submit all inquiries of financial compensation to me at my email address: classalpha1@netscape.net

Or a simple payment of all completed, functioning guitars created from my ideas will be highly appreciated. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    No hay dios!

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

I don't know about this. I'm not real fond of amp modelers, so I highly doubt something like this would do it for me.

Neat idea though
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I say skip all this amp and guitar modeling. I want player modeling! I want to dial up anyone from Clapton to EVH at the turn of a dial. That way all I have to do is run around on stage and act the fool! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Note the idea of player modeling was stole from some guys that post at Harmony Central. Running around and acting the fool was my idea!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by homeunit:
    I don't know about this. I'm not real fond of amp modelers, so I highly doubt something like this would do it for me.

Neat idea though
    Oh dude, have you played through AmpFarm for Pro Tools? Although it is made by the same company as the Line 6 amp and POD, it is TONS clearer-sounding and has much wider dynamic range than its hardware counterparts, and it is not as muddy as the Line 6 or POD whatsover. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And if you listen to any new Aerosmith or Lenny Kravitz, AmpFarm was used extensively in the studio to recreate a lot of those authentic sounding "real amp" tones.

Hey if "vintage-buff" Joe Perry likes amp modeling, I guess it's good enough for me too!
    No hay dios!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by LarryJ:
    I say skip all this amp and guitar modeling. I want player modeling! I want to dial up anyone from Clapton to EVH at the turn of a dial. That way all I have to do is run around on stage and act the fool! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Note the idea of player modeling was stole from some guys that post at Harmony Central. Running around and acting the fool was my idea!
    Hey, it's not quite a "Guitar God Modeler" (yet) but there's always Steinberg's Virtual Guitarist plugin...

http://www.steinberg.net/products/ae...tualguitarist/

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    No hay dios!

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

I have used the amp farm stuff, and it's quite good. I've found that for cleaner tones, anything countryish that stuff works great, but for heavy stuff it just doesn't work on it's own. That stuff is great to thicken up tracks, but by itself for heavy stuff, nope.

That's just me though. There are lots of guys who use and love it for any type of music, but for me it's not there yet. I suspect it has something to do with the unrefined nature of heavy tones. With the modelers it sounds like something trying to mimic those unpredictable characteristics that make a tube amp on ten sound so good.
    My Band
    Baluchitherium