Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

...which is your favorite guitar and why?
    Mine's a beat up Kramer.It's not to heavy or light and is perfectly comfortable (for me)and has a natural 'live' sound ie;no high output pickups. It just feels right!
    What about you guys?
    The rumor: W.D.F.A-We Don't Fuck Around.<br />The truth: W.D.F.A-We Disregard Fans Abundently

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:48 PM
    Liked 11,542 Times in 4,917 Posts

Well my main guitar is my black Wolfgang. Use it when we record, play live, basically everything, it's my main axe. I've just become so used to the feel and sound, it's my baby now. My old EVH EBMM used to be that, but I retired it 2 years ago and haven't touched it since. My old Kramers are good backups, but nothing takes the place of the black Wolfie for me. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

they are kinda like my kids, so I can't choose, and it also depends on what I want to play and the mood I'm in.
    Rol.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's a close contest, but my USA Jackson Soloist is still my baby. I've only had it a little over two years, but it's already starting to break in nicely and already feels like an old friend when I pick it up. I love the great warm mids it puts out through the Tone-Master, too, and the middle position is really starting to grow on me. I fuckin' love this axe! Did I mention it plays like a wet dream?

My new Strat's gaining momentum, though. The combination of the Pearly Gates Plus in the bridge with the Texas Specials in the middle and neck position is simply the most versatile and best-sounding (IMHO) combination I've ever tried, and unlike most H-S-S configurations, the bottom doesn't drop out when you go into one of the single-coil settings because the Texas Specials are wound nice 'n' hot, but clean up beautifully with just a slight tweak of the volume knob. And position 4... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck... can you say "Riviera Paradise", boys & girls?!

I still love my old '77 Dean ML, too... it sounds freakin' incredible, it just needs a little TLC, something it's going to get very soon from a kick-ass luthier buddy of mine now that I'm back home in J-ville.

I kick myself in the ass every day for selling my first guitar, though. The classic white '69 Gibson V my Michael Schenker-wannabe ass bought when I was 13 for four hundred bucks! D'oh!!! What a dumbass!

Here's a bonus question: In addition to your current arsenal, what axe would you most like to add to your collection to round out your sonic palette?

Mine would be a nice Les Paul, because (again, IMHO) no serious electric guitar collection is complete without both a Strat and a 'Paul, and because just like with a good Strat, you know when you're hearing one without ever seeing it.

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by SirBrownSound:

Here's a bonus question: In addition to your current arsenal, what axe would you most like to add to your collection to round out your sonic palette?

Mine would be a nice Les Paul, because (again, IMHO) no serious electric guitar collection is complete without both a Strat and a 'Paul, and because just like with a good Strat, you know when you're hearing one without ever seeing it.
    i agree. a sunburst les paul would round it out nicely for me.

my baby right now is my black wolfie standard. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:48 PM
    Liked 11,542 Times in 4,917 Posts

I've got an '83 Cherry Red Paul Standard I rarely play. Sounds good, but that fucker is too heavy. I can't stand Strats, I am like the anti-Fender man.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

My custom is my baby, because it's built to my specs.

My next one will be a custom Strat, and with that it should round out the tones I want nicely.
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Alright Brett, you better be wearin a cup.
    My favorite, hands down is my beat up tobacco burst strat.
    Nothing can touch it for sound or playability.
    Well, almost nothing, Homeunit you bastard. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ December 30, 2002, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: tribb ]

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My favorite guitar to play is a parts strat. It has a black MIJ Fender alder body, a tortoise shell pickguard with a Gibson 490T, and two stock single coils from a MIJ 62RI strat, topped off with a Kramer focus maple neck with maple fretboard, with the Kramer classic headstock. Graphite nut, stock MIJ 62RI strat trem. The guitar is mega comfortable and the tone is great. The main reason I like it over my Black Wolfgang standard is because I've become very dependant on the single coil tones. In fact my Korean Steinberger Spirit is my second favorite because of how comfortable it is and it has a hum/single/hum pickup combo with coil tapping.

So in this order:
    Parts strat
    Korean Steinberger Spirit
    Black Wolfgang Standard

Banned!
    Last Online

02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

brett, my situation exactly.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm kinda like Nigel Tufnel; "I play them, I collect them, I cherrish them"...
    I have 4, and in order;
    #1) Black custom shop Strat with graphite bridge & nut, Hot Rail in bridge, stacked humbuckers in mid & neck. I'm not a Trem user, but I can still make this boy WHAIL!

#2) Black Paul Reed Smith CE22 Ltd. # 38 of 100.
    Got this one at Guitar Center off the used rack for only $800.00 , when I got it home, I contacted PRS in Va. and gave them the sereal #, It's a limited run model thats a highbred of the McCarty model & a standard CE22. Street value, $3000.00

#3)Project Strat made of everything INCLUDING the kitchen sink! Just parts of guitars that I had, some friends junk & a Floyd (Like i said, I'm not a trem user, but this one is my wank plank)

#4) Mid 80's Cherry Sunburst AAA flame top Les Paul Standard, totaly stock & still in MINT condition. The ONLY reason this ranks 4th is that it's soooooooo damn heavy! That, & lets face it,Les pauls are a one tone monster! I LOVE it, but I only pull it out for the classic rock jams & to show off

[ December 31, 2002, 06:26 AM: Message edited by: SMUDGE NYC ]
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Top Of The World
    Last Online

09.26.12 @ 10:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm kinda torn on this topic for a number of reasons. Number one, I really like all of my guitar. And number two, I just finished my Warmoth, which I'm sure will become my #1, but I haven't really had time to "bond" with it in a playing sense yet. [img]smile.gif[/img]

That said, as of today this is the order of my guitars from favorite to play to least favorite.

1) 1992 PRS CE24. This is the guitar that my parents bought me when I graduated from high school. It was the only electric guitar I played from 1992 until 1998. It looks mint from a few feet away, but when you really start looking close, some of the chrome is worn off of the bridge and the glossy flame top isn't quite as glossy as it used to be. I absolutely love this guitar. I don't play it as much anymore because I love it too much to risk killing it by knocking it off of a stand or something.

2) 2001 Wolfgang Special Flametop. When I walked into the music store and saw this one hanging there, I knew I had to have it. I didn't really need it, but it was drawing me toward it. The flame pattern and the emerald green top are beautiful. When I played it, it felt and sounded as good as it looked, so I bought it. It is the guitar that I have played the most for the past year.

3) 1998 Wolfgang Standard Goldtop. This was the first guitar I had ever played that felt as good in my hands as my PRS. I was never a fan of gold top guitars. In fact, I always thought they were the ugliest guitar I had ever seen. That didn't stop me from buying the Wolfie. This was my main guitar from 1998 to 2001. Since then, I've really grown quite fond of goldtop guitars.

I won't include the new Warmoth on this list, but only because I haven't had it long enough to know where it will fall for sure. I am pretty sure that it's going to be my #1 player, and it will probably be at or above the level of the PRS in terms of personal value within a month or two. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Currently - Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.28.12 @ 10:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I only have the two guitars...

1) A Wolfgang Special Flametop. Tobacco Sunburst.
    2) An Ibanez RG470. Purple sort of Flamtop finish with cream binding.

Out of the two, I prefer the Wolfgang. To me, it's the best guitar I have ever played. It makes me want to keep playing it, and it feels comfortable to play. I've definitely seen and heard an improvement in my playing since I've had this guitar (a couple of years now).

I still play the Ibanez every once in a while. However, it is a very different animal. I find it not as natural to play, as it feels a little less comfortable than my Wolfgang to me, and I find things a little harder on the Ibanez. However, I enjoy both of them, and do love the rawness of the Ibanez when I get it out.

They're both lovely guitars though, and I have come close to selling both due to lack of money a few times. However, I'm glad to say that the situations were never so bad that I had to.

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "<i>You can please <b>some</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time,<br />And <b>all</b> of the people <b>some</b> of the time,<br />But you can't please <b>all</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time !</i>"<br /><br />(was Dave5150 on <b><i>The Pleasure Dome</i></b>)<br /><br />Check out some of my music at: <a href="http://www.dave5150.com" target="_blank">www.dave5150.com</a>