Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

11.09.05 @ 05:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looking for opinions from everyone about an amp purchase. Here's my laundry list:

Price Range: $300 - $400 or cheaper

Volume capacity: Nothing extreme, loud enough for a small room.

Tone: Able to overdrive on it's own, but capable of excellent clean tones, preferrably with some nice built in effects such as Chorus, Flange, reverb, delay, etc. Would like to be able to plug in a device like a Line6 or Johnson potentially. Also needs to be able to effectively broadcast an acoustic guitar (one with a pickup).

Miscellaneous: Would like the ability to direct feed signal from amp into mixing board.

Usage: My brother and I are finally putting some songs together after several years not playing seriously. I'm out-of-date with amps, and that's why I'm here asking for opinions. We'll be playing a range of material from hard-rock stuff such as VH to Neil Young acoustic type stuff. I'd like to have an amp that can handle all that in addition to being able to handle something like Zeppelin material, where the guitar tone goes from clean to distorted to clean, etc., within the same song.

Anyway, tell me if I'm mental or not regarding the price, and I would love to hear how any of you effectively make dramatic switches in tone mid-song (clean to crunch, acoustic sounding to clean electric sounding, etc.), however you accomplish it, whether via the amp or outboard gear, or whatever.

P.S.

The best sounding amp I've heard so far (for my purposes) is an old Roland Jazz-Chorus which I saw used for $350. It sounded great with the clean stuff, and the acoustic guitar was good. The only problem was that it didn't cut it for the crunch stuff, and I even tried it with a Line6 POD.

------------------
    First six albums rule. In addition, the following represent the only two Y2K release in the world that are preventing me from losing it altogether waiting for the VH reunion.

Galactic Cowboys Let It Go
    King's X Please Come Home...Mr. Bulbous

Later, VHDOF

[This message has been edited by VHDOF (edited November 21, 2000 at 11:58 AM).]

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Just get a POD 2 and run it directly into your PA

Ty used the POD Pro on the whole Bulbous tour as well as using it to record a big part of the album(on it's own)

The only main difference between a POD 2 and a POD Pro is connectivity, but the purposes you just described the POD 2 will do the trick!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Peavey has a line of trans tube amps ....all the ones ive played sound really good...great clean..and dirty sound...of course the 5150 is the best....little more than 3-4 hundred though.....good luck!!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The POD is a good idea. I would also look for a used DAM ( digital modeling amp). I've had one for 2 years and I love it. You can get a multitude of sounds with a touch of a button. Check into it.

------------------
    GO PACKERS !!!