Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Currently - Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.28.12 @ 10:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi there,

With all the talk of Wolfgangs and Import Wolfgang's going on on here, I was wondering if you could give me some advice on these two :

</font>They both seem really good prices. However, is this because they are import versions, hence not up to the quality of the USA models ?
    Also, I'm a bit worried myself now. I own a Peavey Wolfgang Special Flametop. How do I make sure it isn't a shitty model, and that it's a decent one ?

[img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    "<i>You can please <b>some</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time,<br />And <b>all</b> of the people <b>some</b> of the time,<br />But you can't please <b>all</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time !</i>"<br /><br />(was Dave5150 on <b><i>The Pleasure Dome</i></b>)<br /><br />Check out some of my music at: <a href="http://www.dave5150.com" target="_blank">www.dave5150.com</a>

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

From almost every review I've read on these, they are not nearly as good as a U.S. model. The Floyd's used are subtandard, & didn't someone say that they use a photo-flame? I'm sure Tribb & the bunch will give you better info, but I'd spend the money on a U.S. Wolfie & play it safe.
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Cheers for the info.

However, how could you tell that a Wolfgang is a U.S.A. model just by looking at it ?

The golden one I posted looks wrong because it seems to have a quilt top. However, the red one looks fine to me, or maybe it's just the low quality pictures ?

Only thing I'm worried about now is whether I own a USA model or not...

How do you tell ???
    "<i>You can please <b>some</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time,<br />And <b>all</b> of the people <b>some</b> of the time,<br />But you can't please <b>all</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time !</i>"<br /><br />(was Dave5150 on <b><i>The Pleasure Dome</i></b>)<br /><br />Check out some of my music at: <a href="http://www.dave5150.com" target="_blank">www.dave5150.com</a>

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hmm, on closer inspection, the red one seems to have that quilt thing going on there as well.

If this is an easy way to detect them, then maybe I am fine.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Here's some pictures of mine when I was jamming with an old friend.

What do you think ? USA or None USA ?

[img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

[ October 04, 2002, 04:40 AM: Message edited by: mondola ]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:00 AM
    Liked 69 Times in 28 Posts

Donor

Just ask the guy to take a picture of the back of the headstock. The Korean models have no EVH sig on the back, it only has just a serial number. It should also have a made in Korea sticker which always seems to fall off during shipment to most dealers [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

By the way nice pictures it is really cool that Ed keeps in touch with his fans and jams with them all the time ( NOT )

[ October 04, 2002, 04:53 AM: Message edited by: Onirb ]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ah, well mine definitely has the EVH signature on the back, so guess I am OK then.

What I think is amazing about the two times I jammed with him is that I managed to

</font>
    1. Maintained the same pose both times I met him</font>
    2. Somehow get hold of a Peavey Wolfgang in 1980
      </font>
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

You do realise I was joking about the fact that I jammed with him right ? It's so obvious they are photoshop efforts. I forgot to put the smiley face to indicate I was joking in the original post...

Cheers for all the help guys. I do have less cheesy pics of my Wolf, but they are on my home PC.

[img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

[ October 04, 2002, 05:46 AM: Message edited by: mondola ]

Top Of The World
    Last Online

09.26.12 @ 10:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How ya doin' Dave5150!

Did you lose your password?

Anyway, yours is definately a USA model. The easiest ways to tell the imports are that the top is quilted instead of flamed and the lack of the signature on the back of the headstock. I've heard that Peavey may start including the sig on the overseas model as well, but I'm not sure if there is any truth to that.

There are also some more minor differences. The headstock on the EXP version is slightly smaller than the US version, and the EXP has a slightly different tremolo and different tuners.

The top on the EXP is real quilted maple, but it's only 1/8" thick, where the USA Flametop Special is 1/4" thick.

I've had the opportunity to fiddle around with a couple of the EXP's and while they are in no way as good as the USA models, they really aren't that bad. I found no major flaws in the few that I picked up. I couldn't tell you how the pickups sound because I didn't plug them in, but they looked and felt pretty nice.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Prages,

I'm doing great. Good to see so many familiar faces on this board...

I dunno if it was me that registered under the name Dave5150 on this message board. If it was, I sure did pick a stupid password, because I couldn't get in as that user when I tried to first post on here. Then I suddenly thought, "Hold on, I probably didn't register on this board!". So decided on mondola instead.

Thanks for the info on the USA vs Korean model. I'm a lot more assured now. I thought I'd got ripped off, but I'm back in the comfort zone of knowing I got a bargain, cuz I bought the Special for the price of a normal Special, and only later realised that maybe I should have paid more for a Special Flametop.

I don't think I'll bid on any of these then...

[img]smile.gif[/img]

[ October 04, 2002, 05:52 AM: Message edited by: mondola ]

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know if I remember you from here or not, but I definately remember you from the dome.

As far as your Wolfie, you can rest assured that you got a great deal if you paid the price for a normal Special. The overseas model just hit the market a few months ago, and I know you've had yours since well before Peavey introduced them.

Anyway, good seeing you.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yeah, I've had it a while now. Would have had two by now, the second being a stripey Wolfgang, striped up by Rols, that the fiancee was going to get me as an early wedding present !!!

Well, Ed peed all over that idea !!!

Yeah, I think the Pleasure Dome went down around the time I found about the 3morons thing that you were doing. Is that still coming along ?

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We are still doing it, whatever it is (www.the3morons.com). We've posted a few new "songs" lately, but nothing spectacular. Check it out if you want.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey man, pees all over what I've been doing lately. I've pm'ed you one of my efforts.

I'll look forwards to your reply once you've stopped laughing !!!

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Prages, I just listened to your music.
    Pleasantly surprised. There's some good stuff there. I especially liked Push It.
    Washing Machine was well titled for the song.
    Keep working at it. It sounds great.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks, Tribb. That's not just me. That's me, Motown Maniac, TNVHFAN, and LarryJ (on a few of those). One of us does the rhythm tracks and a lead track and then we upload it and the next person downloads it and does a lead track, and so on and so forth. By the time 4 people have converted it from .mp3 to .wav and back to .mp3 it loses some sound quality. Those that you mentioned were Motown's babys. The ones I've contributed are Blue, Out of Ideas, and Sloppy seconds. Motown's are Awake, Columbus Day, Push It, and Washing Machine. TNVHFAN's are Straight Forward, and Swingin' Low.

We haven't been able to get Larry off his lazy ass long enough to contribute more than a lead track.

If you want a laugh, you should check out my rendition of the Oscar Meyer Weiner Song under Morons Side Projects. That was something I did because I lost a bet with Stinaluvalex. It actually turned out quite well. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, thanks again for the compliment, and please don't judge me based solely on what you hear at that site. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ October 04, 2002, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: Prages ]