Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.26.07 @ 11:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I found this on www.melodicrock.com
    I still had one little doubt that Yngwie was an ass. Now I made up my mind!

Here you go:

Is Yngwie Malmsteen a Big Round Bug? Well, apparently even Yngwie's most loyal fans from Japan are beginning to tyre of the guitar wizard's ways.
    Site regular Akiko T says that in Japan, it's common for Japanese fans to call Yngwie "Malmshi", pronounced "marumshi" in Japanese. It means big round bug!
    The latest episode in Yngwie's colourful career comes from a major interview in Japan's biggest rock magazine Burrn!
    The interview is the magazine's February edition cover story, with the interview conducted by well known US rock correspondent and photographer John 'Shooter' Harrell.
    The full interview can be read via this link: Burrn2002.htm
    But, for interest's sake - here are a few of the more interesting things Yngwie had to say:

On his recent live performance with the New Japan Philharmonic Orchestra:
    I'll tell my honest opinion. I think it's the most amazing thing I've ever done. It would be the greatest achievement of my career as an artist. Even now when I think back, I wonder how on earth I did it....

On Jorn Lande:
    ...Jorn never joined my band. He's nothing to do with the band. He's a fool. He doesn't count. Never mention his name again!...He's useless....Who cares about Jorn? Why do you want to talk about him? No one is interested. Who is he? Did he suddenly become Robert Plant? Who's ARK. Is it for us to talk about? Is it such an important band? Are they such an incredible band that will turn the world upside down? I don't think so!
    On the fact he worked with four vocalists in 2001:
    Yeah I know. So?
    On his way or working:
    ...It's true. My band's motto is "Yngwie or the Highway". Do you think Leonardo Da Vinci allowed someone who came later to add to his paintings? It's impossible. That's the whole issue, John. I'm not a typical rock 'n' roll guitarist, nor a simple band member. It's not my way that one of the members comes up with a riff (sings the Smoke On the Water riff) and then the bassist and singer come in and add to it. I write everything!!! If you don't like it, leave - quickly.
    On firing his last crew:
    They were telling my crew everyday how fortunate they were to be in my band, so it seems they are very proud to be standing up on stage with me. I don't need them to flatter me, it's not my style. But it helps to get that gratitude for my situation. It's made clear that it's not appropriate in this place for idiots to complain to everybody if the hotel's not booked or to get angry is they haven't received their weekly $100 extra.
    People who join my organization are usually very cool at first, but they become troublesome later. So this time, I decided to get a new band altogether. I fired the crew and that was very effective.
    I decided to eliminate everything and replace everyone. If one person remains, it wouldn't be completely new. I parted ways with the band, crew, everyone, and said "See Ya!". They were always something that had a bad influence. They were tiny parts that are replaceable. They were not essential.
    On the pathetic production quality of his last studio album:
    That's not my fault.....It's a petty engineer's fault, not mine....It's simple. I only had enough money to hire a terrible person who wasn't an engineer whatsoever because I was firing Jim Lewis....
    And finally - on Deep Purple:
    You know, I don't like saying this, but they could do a lot better than what they have now. Steve Morse is a very good guitar player, but he's American and he's using humbucker pickups. If you ask me, those two are not good. I don't want to say it like this, but if they (Deep Purple) could have got me in that band they would have a performance that would blow people's head off. Even now I can play from the beginning of "Made in Japan" to the end. I can do it right now without missing a note.

'nough said!

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

he's an ass, plain and simple.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw him in L.A. last year when he opened for Dio. His number was embarassing. He looks like a blimp now, and spends an hour going up and down the neck at blinding speed, like he's going for the guiness book of records for the fastest player.
    I don't think he introduced any of his band members/employees either, and there was no singer fo rthe show, because the singer had walked off two days before.
    I used to llok up to this huy when I was a teenager because I didn't know what musicianship was really about.

Some of my heroes are Randy Rhoades, EVH, John Petrucci, Craig Goldy, Jake E. Lee.
    Yngwie can go #&*@ himself...
    My first time in the spotlight was from a helicopter.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Actually Wengie's been pestering me to return to his "Ask Wengie" column. With all this critisism I might have to let him return to defend himself. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t pick just one
    Last Online

08.20.08 @ 02:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Now, I'll give Yngwie his due. He's an incredibly fluid and fast player with a nice tone. But now he's after Steve Morse (my guitar Hero) and I'm gonna hand him his ass. While Yngwie did spawn a multitude of wanna-be neoclassical masturbators, he still makes the same album over and over and over. By '91, he was no longer taken seriously by the guitar community, although his talents will always be recognized. Now, he's nothing more than a fat, pathetic parody of himself, and should move as truckload of an ass back to being a guitar repairman in Stockholm. For those who did see him open for Dio, did you notice his 350 lb. ass striking Elvis poses? Coincidence? [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [QUOTE] "...There's a little Van Halen in everbody..."
    Jim Bailes

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

a friend of mine sent me that article a week or so ago.

yep, he's still one big shmuck.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's a shame that though Mr. Malmsteen is blessed with talent, he's stricken with diarrea of the mouth. You can just see the green envy dripping from his words when he talks about Steve Morse and Deep Purple.

But he did stick up for the US recently, in Brazil, he was playing the Star Spangled Banner and got booed. When the crowd started chanting Osama, he told the crowd F%#@ you and walked off.

Peace
    GH4L
    "Choose Wisely"

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Awww....come on, guys! You're looking at this all wrong.

Yngwie is an entertainer. Since he can no longer entertain us with music, he has opted to make the bold move into comedy.

Admit it-you laugh at the guy, right? That IS entertainment.

That guy has been cracking me up since I first read an interview with him, back around 1988 or so. And let's not be disrespectful of...

THE BIG ROUND BUG

HAHAHAHAHA

Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Favorite VH Album

All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 10:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I thought Yngwie was going to change his ways, being that I read quite a few articles without his monumental arrogance.

That, however, motherfucker. He must be pissed off because he's gotten fat...and let's face it, nobody wants to see a fat ass in tights, well...in tights to begin with, but now the guys fucking himself with this shit.

Fuck.
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Will anyone dare step up on the soap box and defend The Big Round Bug? Ah ah ah ah!

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Actually, I will defend Yngwie to a point (but not very far). While I am not an Yngwie fan, I can certainly understand his frustrations. He was so overwhelmed by music that he spent a whole hell of a lot of time and effort to become a musician. Yeah, he's got some problems in the artistic growth area, and most of his songs make me chuckle. But...

The guy says what's on his mind, no matter who he offends. He can't understand why the American media would rather deify some depressed power chord flogger with his balls pierced and a sock on his head rather than give respect to REAL musicians. (not to say that Yngwie deserves to be treated like the god he THINKS he is). He's been frustrated by this for years, and so have I. Instead of giving each genre of music its fair shake, the industry formulates a trend, funnels whoever they can sell through it, and discards the rest. A virtuoso player is the worst enemy of MTV and the major label industry, as they just MIGHT draw some attention to the fact that the most successful performers of today are generally pretty low on the talent food chain. So Yngwie not only gets pissed on, he realizes that a lot of other people are getting the same shaft.

Also, he worshipped Blackmore and grew up learning all the Deep Purple stuff. He dresses like Blackmore, uses his stage poses, wears the same clothes (albeit Blackmore never needed the bra and girdle that Yngwie does), and uses basicially the same gear that Blackmore did. BUT, when Purple needed a guitarist, they didn't pick Yngwie! HE felt he would have been perfect for it, and IMO, I think he was right. Purple could have benefitted from Yngwie's flash, and Yngwie would have benefitted from the exposure. Also, it would have brought technically proficient playing a much needed boost during the drought of the 90's.

But, they chose Steve Morse. I, for one, don't really care much for his playing, but I sure as hell know he's a monster player. Yngwie was offended by this, and he's had it in for Morse ever since. Although Wengie's remarks and attitude have been reprehensible, I can see where he's coming from.

Of course, Yngwie has been criticized for being a one-trick pony, and that assessment has been pretty much correct. But one thing I think we ALL can agree on:

(judging by his recent photos)

He has finally become a WELL-ROUNDED musician!

[ February 02, 2002 at 03:15 PM: Message edited by: AbeVanHalen ]</p>

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yeah, Yngwie's a TARD at times, but there is no debate that THIS was VERY cool of him;

Question from Tobias Saibot: "I want to know how did you feel when you played the American anthem [in Porto Alegre] and everyone shouted BIN LADEN?"

Answer from Yngwie: First, I want to emphasize that this was a single, isolated incident near the end of an otherwise very successful, enjoyable three-week tour of Mexico and South America. To put it plainly, here's how I felt. I've been touring for so many years now and I'm sure I have done some nights better than others, but for the last several years I have kept what I believe are very high standards for the concerts. I'm at the top of my game right now, and I'm playing as well as I possibly can. In all these years--and I'm talking now, thousands of shows--I have never been booed onstage, ever. Not for any reason.

Let me point out first and foremost -- I'm not a politician, I'm a musician. I'm not going to debate politics and government because that's just not my thing. I don't do that. But we all know what happened on Sept. 11 in New York City and Washington, and even though I've been playing the "Star Spangled Banner" onstage for 20 years or more, to me it was even more important now. Over the years I've played all kinds of anthems in that solo, Swedish, Japanese, British, wherever… and that night I just felt like playing the U.S. anthem out of respect for all those people who were killed on Sept. 11. Although people from 28 different countries were killed in that attack, it happened on American soil, so I played the U.S. anthem. At the time, with all the adrenaline pumping, when I heard the jeering and booing I got really angry. But I didn't do or say anything at that moment, I just finished the song. Then a few more times, I just put it in anyway, 4 or 5 more times [chuckling]. Because I couldn't let that kind of thing go unanswered. You don't spit in my face and expect me to ignore it, okay? I'm not talking politics here or larger issues of imperialist whatever -- I'm talking about that one moment right there onstage. I was really pissed off, and maybe I shouldn't have showed it, but I did.

I have nothing against the Brazilian people -- I've played numerous shows there in the past and have loved every minute of it. I've never been to Porto Alegre before, but I'm not saying that it's a bad town or anything, although that was the only place this kind of thing happened. And so obviously some fans in that town have a different view, but as I said, I'm not a politician. I did not intend to go there and start a political confrontation -- nothing was further from my mind when I started playing my solo. But there were a couple of elements in the situation onstage there that made me feel more strongly about the audience's reaction: (1) I've lived in the U.S. virtually half my life, so I feel as American as I do Swedish; (2) my son was born here, he's an American citizen; (3) my band's keyboardist is an American citizen; and (4) most important, the innocent people who died on Sept. 11 deserve respect.

So to put it plainly, the people who booed me and yelled Bin Laden's name in some misguided attempt to show their hostility to me, I have no respect for them-- what I said over the microphone at the end of the show is directed to those specific people in the audience. But that wasn't all of the audience, I know that. That wasn't Brazil, that wasn't Porto Alegre… it was a bunch of bad apples in the audience. There was a long break between the end of the show and the encore because we were debating backstage over what to do… whether to go back on and play more songs or to just leave. I finally decided to go back on by myself and give a parting shot, so to speak, because I was still so angry. But this was one isolated incident, and it doesn't mean that I have any bad feelings for my Brazilian fans at all. I love playing there, and I will definitely go back there again in the future. Peace, Yngwie Malmsteen

[ February 01, 2002 at 10:58 AM: Message edited by: SMUDGE NYC ]</p>
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK, thumbs up to Yngwie for flipping off the booers in Brazil. They deserved it.

Yngwie is certainly a virtuoso, and is very good at wht he does. The problem most of us have is that he can't seem to do anything but arpeggios and scales.

Now don't get me started on Deep Purple. I admire Deep Purple, and think they are the ultimate hard rock band. I actually place them one small notch above Zep in my own HOF.
    I also think that Steve Morse is doing a bang-up job with Deep Purple. I own Abandon and Purpendicular, and they both are incredibly good albums. God bless Morse for keeping Deep Purple a creative and relevant band after all these years.
    I saw Deep Purle with Blackmore back in 1990 in Europe, and I was appauled by Blackmore's behavior on stage. He was an ass, and couldn't play worth a shit that night. He was a complete embarassment for the band, and kept walking to his amp, tweaking it, and getting visibly irritated with the equipment. He butchered avery solo he tried to play and made this the worst concert experience of my entire life!
    FUCK BLACKMORE! He's a washed-out pretentious fuck! [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

The problem with Yngwie, is that he would have probably behaved in the way his idol did, if he had been hired by DP.

That's my two cents.

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

youneedawig is an idiot.

His first two albums said everything he could ever say.

I will say that he's a mf when it comes to rpms though [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Come on now, this is YNGWIE we're talking about. If Blackmore rated an 8 out of 10 on the asshole scale in that instance, Yngwie would try his best to outdo him, and would promptly score a 26 out of a possible 10 on the asshole scale.

That's what makes him so gosh-darn cool.

The funniest thing is when Yngwie said "They shouldn't even call it Deep Purple anymore."

Steve Morse retorted "It isn't called 'Deep Purple Anymore', just 'Deep Purple'".