Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was just on another music-related website and I found a new thread devoted entirely to a 'mystery guitarist' who claims to have tried out for Limp Bizkit and how his post is making it's way around many guitar forums and message boards. It looked very very similar to the post in this forum. This is what the site had listed as Durst's response to the post...

An angry Durst first took aim at those spreading the rumors “ I want you to listen and listen close. That includes every piece-of-shit talking shit and every hater talking shit. This is specifically written for you in all honesty.” Said Durst eloquently in the statement. “Everything we, limp bizkit, do is motivated and driven by our love for our fans and love for what we do”. He then addressed the rumors themselves, “All these fucking ‘he said - she said’ bullshit rumors about what's going on with the guitar search are horseshit.”

On the accusations that Limp Bizkit’s waiver basically gives the band a licence to steal from would be guitarists Durst adds, “People who are auditioning are asked to sign a release so their images and likenesses can be used in any documentary that limp bizkit would like to make (mtv, websitebizkit would like to make (mtv, website, etc) in no way whatsoever would limp bizkit ever steal or take anything (music, riffs) from anyone on this planet!! And remember the only person who watches a thief is a thief. We did not record any of the preauditions. Not one.“

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So he made every guitarist sign so that they (limpdickshit)could make a documentary, but then he says absolutely nothing was taped or recorded.
    He's a funny guy, and full of shit.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

FW,WACF,Van Halen 1, FUCK,Balance,5150
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

06.16.05 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by tribb:
    So he made every guitarist sign so that they (limpdickshit)could make a documentary, but then he says absolutely nothing was taped or recorded.
    He's a funny guy, and full of shit.
    I picked up on that too.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm gonna play devil's advocate on this one and offer a few points.

1. No matter what happens, I give Durst and the boys credit for even attempting to give guitarists a chance to try out, jam with and possibly join em. Can't remember any major recording act ever trying something like this.

2. He said none of the pre-auditions were recorded, but probably some of those that made the cut and jammed with the band got taped.

3. The legal dept. representing Bizkit would undoubtedly have been vocal about requiring a waiver to avoid the risk/liability in such an undertaking.
    Look at it from their view as we're a hugely popular band inviting thousands of people to play with us, afterwhich one may join. What's the potential that another one of the thousands decides to create a litigation opportunity on the basis that "Bizkit stole my idea"? It's one of the reasons unsolicited tapes/CD's get thrown out before listened to.

It is a shame that the one event described in the warning topic got hosed, but I'm betting there are some positive stories out there and I'll wait until it's all over and they make a choice, before I get a final opinion.

Peace
    GH4L
    "Choose Wisely"

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

gtrhead4life, you are right. what limpdick is doing is an awesome idea, but you know that would never work. Look how many people are trying out for this. It would take forever if you wanted to be fair about it. And I think bizdick probably screwed up somewhere and this guy is one that got the screwing. Also, didn't Ozzy do something like this years ago. I mean, he didn't tour around the US, but didn't he have some sort of open audition? (I could be wrong, I don't really remember)

But, any self-respecting guitarist wouldn't want to join a 2 chord band anyway.

[ February 10, 2002 at 05:56 AM: Message edited by: xaminer ]</p>
    Your favorite band sucks.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think it's cool that LB is interacting with the fans and giving a "fan" the chance to be in the band. I have respect in that. I respect everyone in the music business one way or another, because they are doing something they want to do, whether it's liked by everyone or not. Music is such a great world!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    And beyond the horizon.... a sound was heard.