Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

The Line 6 POD is super popular these days...Not a bad unit. However, I think to myself, 'Self, let's see if something would work as well for less dough.' So, I try the V-Amp by Behringer...

The Germans may know cars, but this thing sucked big time. It died within three months of use and was confusing as could be to use...I'd recommend staying away from them...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Check out a PANDORA! Those suckers are incredible!
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

04.30.08 @ 09:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Acccccccck!!!! The Pandora! Sonic suicide...

Well, I guess for headphone jamming it's a lot more practical than the POD, though to me it still sounds a lot like the Zoom did back in the early 90s... as does that V-Amp 2.

Keep in mind though, these little "practice amp" things ARE practically toys, and really won't stand up to too much use/abuse, even if they are mostly used in your bedroom or on the tour bus. So it isn't surprising that one would puke out after a few jam sessions.

BTW, hearing the clips from your website your band sounds pretty good. Nice drummer there, real solid. The singer (you or whomever) reminds me of Marc Torian or Tom Keifer in a way... no offense if you aren't a fan of either of those singers.

And how is the rock scene in NYC? I only have been in NYC once, and that was a few months pre-9/11 and only for a couple days, so I didn't really get a chance to check out any clubs up there.

J.
    No hay dios!

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i hear a lot of bad things about Behringer stuff. product-wise, they have some good ideas (their MIDI pedal setup comes to mind), but i hear such rotten things about their quality that i tend to stay away. you get what ya pay for, folks...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks for the kind words Clas! The NYC "scene" is actually starting to pick up a bit due to, of all bands, The Strokes success! It's still not really a "scene" as it is a train wreck. Club owners still don't have a clue how to package bands together to pull in & KEEP in the crowds & rely strictly on individual bands to pull in people. As a result, you may have some folksy singer, then some trip-hop band, followed by a hard rock band, followed by a "jam band" all in the same night! If this was Woodstock, where you've paid some sick amount of money for a ticket & where miles away from home & HAD to stay, then I can see the variety aspect working. But, as it is in reality, people float in and out all night & bands try to set up as fast as they can to try to keep the people that where there to see the previous act in the club. It works a little, but it only takes a little effort to put together a hard rock night, a folksy night, a jazz night, etc.
    as for the Pandora, I love mine, & NO, I would NEVER use it in a live situation, but as far as head-jammers go, I think it stands up to anything out there at a fraction of the price.
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>