Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Good Enough

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 08:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rick, was that from bouncing your old tubes off the body? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    If they're on the back and are belt marks then they'll tend to be deep, and probably won't come out by ordinary buffing.
    If they're pick scratches on the front you can try a buffing compound at different grit sizes till you're at a fine grit. Light scratching will come out that way, but it's time consuming cause you can only rub about a square inch at a time to do it right. You can use an electric buffer, but again you have to be really carefull about not taking "too" much finish off and making a bigger mess than you started with. Always experiment on the back first, with any product.
    A friend told me about a product for car finishes he likes called scratch away, that's supposed to be good for other finishes as well, but I've never tried it and make no claims as to how well it'll work on a guitar body. It apparently fills in the scratches allowing you to buff them clean. There's different colors as well as clear from what I understand. Now that I've brought it up I'm probably going to get some and try it on a "test guitar".
    I hate to say this, but not knowing what the body was finished with, you might want to take it into the music store and let them have a quick look just to let you know what type of finish is on there now.
    I'm sure they'll remember you. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

09.23.16 @ 05:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

got some scuff marks on my kramers it hard to buff em out? how would it be done? anyone know?

Deftones , now and forever and only second to VH.

Dave or Sammy ?.........pffffft Eddie.