Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

09.03.05 @ 06:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anyone seen the new Kramer Pacer FT211S at musicyo.com for $100? I've heard that the Striker is very good, but I've seen no reviews anywhere for the Pacer. Anybody know if it's any good?

By the way, with the sort of prices at musicyo.com, I definately think that Internet shopping for guitars is the way forward!

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

im gonna say they re plywood crap made by gibson, not even kramer. if you want a decent new guitar your gonna have to spend at least 400.00 imo.

------------------
    eddie vanhalen , there is no substitute. member of the G4 and proud member of the moron thread!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

04.26.05 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know about the Pacer, but I have a Striker FR400S/D. It's a good guitar, comparable to an Ibanez RG550 quality wise. It most definitely does NOT have a plywood body ( I scraped some paint off of the inside of the trem cavity). Throw in the fact that it cost $159 and you've got a hell of a deal. The neck is very thin and fast, and it has a hot quad rails pickup in the bridge. The Floyd stays in tune very well-- this is a double-locking Floyd, unlike the cheap single-locking units on many low-end Ibanez and Jacksons. The metallic purple finish was flawless. It came with a D-Tuna, which I removed, as I prefer a floating trem. It's not a versatile guitar-- this is definitely a hard rock/metal shred machine-- but it's good for what it is.

BTW if anyone wants the D-Tuna, I'll sell it for 20 bucks (they are $50 new from the D-Tuna website).

------------------
    Two glazed donuts and a bottle of anything...TO GO!!! - DLR

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

a striker compared to a ibanez rg550? i dont know id much rather have a new 550 than a gibson/kramer striker ...the 550 comes with the edge/lo pro edge tremelo which is arguably the best trem unit made as compared to the floyd rose 2...also if the body isnt some form of plyed wood why is it described as having a hard wood body in the descriptions ive seen? a 150.00 dollar guitar with a solid alder /ash/basswood body? what kind of wood is the body made from? not flaming just curious

------------------
    eddie vanhalen , there is no substitute. member of the G4 and proud member of the moron thread!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I want one of those Steinbergers just to hang on the wall!!!!!!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

04.26.05 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rick S,

the Strikers are solid alder. Actually, this is not THAT unusual. I also own a Yamaha Pacifica 112 that is solid alder, a 3 piece body, that was $199 new.

I agree w/ you, I was very skeptical regarding the quality of the Kramer. I agree w/ you, all things being equal, I'd rather own an RG550 than a Striker. In fact, I owned an early RG550 (1980), w/ the original Edge trem and it was a very good guitar. Comparing the two, the Ibanez does have a smoother trem, the Edge/Lopro Edge is the best version of the Floyd I've ever run across, and the RG550 has a more versatile switching system. But the neck on the Strikers is very nice, equally as fast as the Wizard neck on the RG. The Kramer uses nice Gotoh tuners, just as nice as the Ibanez tuners. Corners are cut in the electronics-- The Kramer has cheap pots, they look like the same pots that Gibson uses on the Epiphones. The quad rail pickup is surprisingly good, if you don't mind a VERY hi output.

The quality of build-- the tight neck pocket, the neat fretwork, and the nice finish puts this on a par w/ the Ibanez. When you factor in the cost ($160 for the Kramer, $600 for the Ibanez), to me that tips the scales for the Kramer. Just my opinion, your mileage may vary. I can take the difference in cost and put it toward an amp, some effects, another guitar, ETC ETC.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.14.10 @ 09:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What kind of Steinberger did Eddie play?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

An expensive one!!!!!!

The one's at this website are nothing like Ed's. Shit, his is made of Carbon Fiber, Graphite shit that Nasa uses, and the tremelo system is totally different. Some of the other guys here could give you the specifics, but the only thing the two guitars have in common is their looks.

Check out eBay for one like Ed's. If it's over a grand, it's close to what Ed uses.

[This message has been edited by jimmy (edited November 09, 2000 at 07:51 PM).]