Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

all
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ok, lets see, i think i need some help lol...

so, the problem is: i donīt know where to start, just learn all the patterns like phrygian, dorian and so on, or just going into the whole modal crap lol...? i really donīt know it, iīve done some practise with this a long time ago, but in the end iīve kept playing just some basic scales like dorian and minor... so maybe someone can give me a good link and/or some hints, that would be great!

i mean, i really know nothing... itīs like, iīm looking into some lessons and going like WTF?!? [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] where should i play phrygian, and so on... so please help me [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Who are you tryin' to get crazy with, ese? Don't you know I'm loco?" - Hansel, Zoolander. <br /><br />"You're talking loco and I like it!" - Hansel, Zoolander.<br /><br />"Sting. Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that."<br />Hansel, Zoolander

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by gravedigger:
    ok, lets see, i think i need some help lol...

so, the problem is: i donīt know where to start, just learn all the patterns like phrygian, dorian and so on, or just going into the whole modal crap lol...? i really donīt know it, iīve done some practise with this a long time ago, but in the end iīve kept playing just some basic scales like dorian and minor... so maybe someone can give me a good link and/or some hints, that would be great!

i mean, i really know nothing... itīs like, iīm looking into some lessons and going like WTF?!? [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] where should i play phrygian, and so on... so please help me [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Scales and modes are good to know and understand, but remember: You may know everything to know about modes and still sound like shit, or stay within the blues block and rock the house. Zakk Wylde stays within the blues area, and I've heard guys that can name everything under the sun and still sound like a bad case of wienershnitzel and saurkraut mixed with cheap beer [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] IMHO, go back to the site where the modes were listed from Canyon Carver's suggestion...
    http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Styx...ar/scales.html

That's a fun place to begin your journey, Grasshopper
    And Charvel, great tips in the other post man [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] This old dog is learning some new tricks

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

06.24.15 @ 01:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Try this site

You know all the pentatonic scale is the major scale with two notes left out.Hence, the name penta meaning "5". also, let me say that its the arpeggios that came from those scales that all the hub hub is about.
    "Well, he's an intelligent, well-read guy. But it's like he can't connect the dots somehow." (EVH Guitar World, March 1998).

GP: "Did you use a pick for "Spanish Fly"?

EVH: "Yeah, except for the part near the end that sounds like Montoya or something."