Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The OLP post got me thinkin' here. I want a good EVH replica, so thats where my cash is gonna' go. I do want a new guitar in the meantime with out spending alot of dough. I was gonna' go for the OLP after talking to alot of people, but after hearing more negitive reviews I'm wondering. What guitars would you guys suggest for $250 or under? Not Ebay I'm thinkin' (to many horror stories). Pawn shops here are WAY over priced too. So just wondering what you'd suggest?
    "We don't need no stinkin' click!" -AL<br /><br />Here’s my 10 cents. My 2 cents is free. A nuisance, who sent, you send for me? -Eminem/The Eminem Show<br /><br />No. Now take off my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they breakup. -Adam Sandler/The Wedding Singer<br /><br />He's got huge, sharp, pointy....look at the bones! -John Cleese/Monty Python<br /><br />You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?!?-Adam Sandler/Happy Gilmore<br /><br />Tell 'em I want some snatch by the pool!-?/Slap Shot<br /><br />For such a small town, it sure has alot of assholes! -Classic bumper sticker!

Favorite VH Album

All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 10:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'd go with a used Kramer Focus, or a Jackson...amongst other guitars, before I got anywhere near an OLP...If you go for a Focus, don't get a pink one, and this sucker wasn't even hot pink, but it was the best Floyd Equipped guitar I could get at the time, and somehow, I miss that sombitch sometimes...I'd get a used beater before I bought one of the new Gibson MusicYo Focus' though....

I don't know who's telling you these Ebay horror stories, but I've had only one encounter that I wasn't entirely pleased with, but it was by no means a bad deal...

But the tip is, ASK Every question in the book as far as "how many dings" "is it all original" "has there been any work done." They possibly may not be honest, but look at feedback, and NUMBER ONE RULE: If the pictures on there do not give YOU the buyer an honest representation, either don't bid, or Request further pictures...many sellers will be more than happy to get you better pictures of the instrument....
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

Last Online

12.18.17 @ 08:50 AM
    Liked 737 Times in 350 Posts

Take a look at musicyo.com. A friend of mine bought a Kramer Baretta from there, and it's actually a pretty nice guitar. Not comparable to the early Kramers mind you, but still good.
    I would have to say that a $300.00 Kramer is about the same guitar as some of the higher end ESP or Ibanez stuff.
    I believe he paid about $350.00 for a neck-through Kramer Baretta in purple metallic. It has a maple neck and Alder body wings. It came with a Floyd Rose(lisenced) trem, Gotoh tuners, and 2 "quad rail" humbuckers.
    The Striker series seems like it might be what you're looking for. They start at about $189.00.

Peace!
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw something similar to THIS in the Musican's Friend catalog. It's more than $250, but it's got an alder body, a Floyd and a humbucker for VH-type stuff and 2 single coils for clean stuff. Seems like a pretty good value and a versitle guitar.
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Last Online

07.24.08 @ 07:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'd save about another $250 - $350 then go shopping. IMO... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good and Cheap is something I haven't found.

Peace!
    First God - Then Family - Then Money - Then Van Halen