Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey guys...

Just curious, anyone have any problems with their Peavey Wolfgangs?
    I just had to resolder a wire down in the pickup switch. Which is weird I think. I mean the wires in there shouldn't move at all. What happened is one of the tips broke off at the very end so it wasn't touching anymore...so when I switched to the bridge pickup I'd get nada. Not like I was slamming the thing after our gigs or anything. And most of the time I'm using my neck pickup so its not like I was switching a lot either. It was simple to fix and these things happen. But I was just curious to hear if anyone's had real trouble with theirs. Cause in actuality I think the Wolfgang standards (not the specials) are top notch guitars.
    Peace...
    "If at first you don't understand Van Halen's music, crank up the volume."
    -Washington Post, April, 1980

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The wolfgang is a mass produced guitar, but the problem you mentioned was probably just a cold solder joint that could happen with any guitar.
    I've had a few wolf standards and really haven't had any problems with them that couldn't be easily fixed. They were early ones and real work horses. I think the ones made in the first year of production had special care taken to assure there were no problems, but considering how many they've made the quality control is quite good.
    One thing I've noticed is that no 2 wolfs sound the same, or feel the same neckwise.
    A guy at peavey I spoke to said that the final sanding is done by hand, and depending who does it will depend on how the final neck taper feels. As far as sound goes there's huge variations, from very thin and trebly to very warm and fat.
    One of the best ones I've ever heard belongs to a friend in Texas who has an ivory colored wolf standard made in the first year. It could be solid basswood, I'm not sure, but it just sounds amazing. As I've said before I'm not a big fan of basswood bodies, but this one seems to have broken all the rules.
    I think with the custom shop opening there'll be some very interesting and probably great sounding wolfs coming out.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

van halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree all wolfgangs are different. I played one in a store when they first came out and I was amazed. The next one I played felt way different. The one I have is in between excellent and good. I never played a standard though, never could find one. to tell you the truth my friend had a fender strat with humbucking pickups and it also felt similar to the wolfgangs. But sound, nothing come close to the wolfgang, that thing squeals and the distortion is fantastic with the wolfgang. I cant wait to try it out on my future amp the carvin vai legacy. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Bringing real guitar solos back to music-RIP rhoads and Srv-Rock on vai-Wylde-slash-and eddie!!!!!!!!!!<br /> "I don't like to push the envelope, Id rather chuck grenades into it!" -Ted Nugent-<br /><br /> =PASSION AND WARFARE=<br /> "That stevie vai, what a nice little boy!" -the audience is listening-

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The only problems I have ever had was I dropped mine, when my strap gave out, and the bridge came out. All I had to do was loosedn the strings and put it back. And the D-Tuna becomes mis-aligned sometimes, and that only takes a few minutes to fix. No major problems though.
    I am awesome

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yeah, I feel the same way about the differences between them. Mine is a stoptail that I bought in like late '98 I think. And when I pick one up in a store for the hell of it, I can feel a difference sometimes...albeit slight ones. It's been my workhorse since I bought it and I expect it to for another couple years...I just love the feel of the thing. Until I decide to drop the bucks for my ideal PRS I suppose...
    "If at first you don't understand Van Halen's music, crank up the volume."
    -Washington Post, April, 1980

Eruption
    Last Online

07.14.10 @ 09:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steely:
    Cause in actuality I think the Wolfgang standards (not the specials) are top notch guitars.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually like the Special more than the Standard, though I wish they'd put a birdseye neck on it too.