Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

vanhalen 1
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

11.06.14 @ 03:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a purple flame top wolfgang,im thinking of selling for $950.00,so i can put the money towards a purchase of a mojave peacemaker amp..I hate to get rid of the guitar,but i really want this amp....what do you guys think...

stan

Banned!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The truth?
    I think you are asking a little too much for the guitar and I also think $2,500 for ANY guitar amp is NUTS but that's just my opinion.. There are a thousands of amps that will do Classic VH for $2000 LESS and hundreds that will do it for $2,300 LESS. You read that right.

I think Plexipalace is the biggest ripoff whether they are selling used marshalls or their own amps.. Thier prices are just off the scale. I've talked to TWO well known
    boutique amp makers and they both kind of rolled their eyes when Plexipalace came up.

Examples of amps that will get you the VH sound and save you at least $2000.

Marshall 1959SLP reissue (bought mine for $450)
    Marshall 1987 Reissue (around $500)
    Sovtek Mig 50 ($250)
    Traynor bassmaster ($250)

Amps that will do the VH thing and cost under $1000
    Metal panel marshalls (non master volume)
    I paid $650 for a near mint 71 Superlead. You can get a 50 watt or a hundred watt head for around $800 and even less if you get lucky or buy a post 1973 when they switched to PCB.

Read a review about the peacemaker at the Harmony central boards.. At least one guy was not happy with the amp or the customer service. He returned the amp for a refund.

[ July 29, 2002, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: four4for ]

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If your hell bent on spending $2000 plus on an amp to get the EVH sound you should try out the Roccaforte HiGain 100 before you decide on the Peacemaker. But I have to agree with four4for. There are a ton of other amps out there that do that tone for a lot less. Metal panel Super Leads and 50 watters will do it, you can check out a Budda Superdrive 30 or 80 as well. I have the Superdrive 30 and it does early EVH EXTREMELY well. Just as good as any other amp that claims to get that sound. Also a Top Hat Emplexidor can get that sound and are also extremely high quality built amps that can be found for around $1400 used.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

vanhalen 1
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

11.06.14 @ 03:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Im not too fond of the roccaforte amps i have heard.Ive never heard the budda.Ive heard some plexi reisues that have been modded and come very close to the sound..The closest i have heard is the peacemaker to his actual amp..If i could find abn amp taht nails that sound for cheaper,i would buy it..It seems like everything i have checked out falls a little short of his sound.Tone is a matter of opinion,im very picky..I will check out the budda.

stan

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by bmf5150:
    Im not too fond of the roccaforte amps i have heard.Ive never heard the budda.Ive heard some plexi reisues that have been modded and come very close to the sound..The closest i have heard is the peacemaker to his actual amp..If i could find abn amp taht nails that sound for cheaper,i would buy it..It seems like everything i have checked out falls a little short of his sound.Tone is a matter of opinion,im very picky..I will check out the budda.

stan
    FWIW. The clips on the Roccaforte site don't really do the amp justice. The VH clips were done with strat with the selector on the bridge single coil, Doug doesn't go all out on clips, they're just a starting point. The amps really have to be played and felt in person to really know what they're capable of. Definitely check out a Budda, but don't go by the clips on their site, they sound nothing like what the Superdrive amps can do.