Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

I've recently read about this tuning system, has anyone here used this setup, and if so, what do you think?

(Sorry if this has been posted before, but I haven't been on in a while)
    Your favorite band sucks.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by xaminer:
    I've recently read about this tuning system, has anyone here used this setup, and if so, what do you think?

(Sorry if this has been posted before, but I haven't been on in a while)
    it seems several "big Name" players use it but but what it boils down too is that if it was really that good everyone would have it, A guy here in town has it on his guitar (a Brian Moore) and the changes that is makes in intonation are so small that I dought many human ears can hear it, I couldn't tell the difference (I did not play it but listened) and neither could he, his advice was "save your money"
    Rol.

Favorite VH Album

The one with the :
    Favorite VH Song

high fast stuff.
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 02:44 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Hold on a sec here. I heard that you have to have a special tuner in order for the Buzz Fieten tuning system to work. Is that right?

Also I think that since players have gotten along without it for all these years, guitar manufacturers dont wont to bother with the retooling and educating their employees etc. and paying for the rights to Buzz in order to offer it on there guitars. I think just some Tom Andersons and some Washburns have it availible.

To me, it sounded like a Godsend but I have yet to try it.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Rols, your twice the guitarist that I am, but I have to humbly disagree.

Washburns have them, and the difference is considerable, to your (the players) ears. I have an old Carvin, and one of those U.S. Special Strats, and I can't bring myself to pick them up anymore. To me the difference is most noticable when playing through heavy distortion, you can actually nail an A-minor or D-major and have it ring out as you expect. Just my opinion though.

I think the reason why the other guitar manufacturers haven't really jumped on board is because you actually have to increase the distance between the bridge and the nut, it's a very small difference, but it would have to effect production in order to do it, that cost's money.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

I've never tried the Feiten system but I'd love to. I have to tune the 'G' string on my guitars a little bit sharp so I don't sound out of tune (yes, I'm one of those that could hear the difference, I suppose). I HATE to hear things out of tune. It steals my mojo.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by willy4pres:
    Rols, your twice the guitarist that I am, but I have to humbly disagree.

Washburns have them, and the difference is considerable, to your (the players) ears. I have an old Carvin, and one of those U.S. Special Strats, and I can't bring myself to pick them up anymore. To me the difference is most noticable when playing through heavy distortion, you can actually nail an A-minor or D-major and have it ring out as you expect. Just my opinion though.

I think the reason why the other guitar manufacturers haven't really jumped on board is because you actually have to increase the distance between the bridge and the nut, it's a very small difference, but it would have to effect production in order to do it, that cost's money.
    your allowed to disagree that's fine, [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] it's just my opinion ,
    It's probably the way I tune, I'm an ear player, not a lick of lessons, don't know scales or even what key I'm playing in, learned to tune a guitar by reading a book and when I tuned my guitar that way the 2nd string always sounded out of tune, same as when I used a tuner, so what I did and still do is tune normally then hold a D chord minus the high E and tune the B string till it all sounds smooth with no Ocillation, then tune the high E to that B, everything sounds fine to me
    so I just don't think the tuning system is worth it.
    My 2 cents
    Rol.