On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

van halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi yesterday I was in a rut so I put on some surfin with the silver surfer(hahahah..sorry) anyway It reallly improved my playing, I was playing so fast and smooth huge runs all the way up and down the neck I was up there in the vai stage and satriani level, it was great.My mom came and said holy shit, she thought it was the cd. Any way on satch boogie does anybody find the first riff of the song a little hard to do. i can do it but it doesnt have that same punch, I dont know if the tab books wrong but it just sounds different. i can nail the rest of the song no problem. but that intro any body else play it and if you do send me an audio file. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
    Bringing real guitar solos back to music-RIP rhoads and Srv-Rock on vai-Wylde-slash-and eddie!!!!!!!!!!<br /> "I don't like to push the envelope, Id rather chuck grenades into it!" -Ted Nugent-<br /><br /> =PASSION AND WARFARE=<br /> "That stevie vai, what a nice little boy!" -the audience is listening-

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After you're used to it, that first riff is really easy to play. I learned that years ago when I was like 16 or 17 and I remember having a hard time with the muted part near the end where you hit an open "G" somewhere along the line. If I had a guitar here I'd be able to explain it better. It's funny how you can play something and when you think of the notes you can't remember most of them. When I play that part I just sweep that ending section because it goes more smoothly and that's probably what Joe does. If I have time I'll record it this weekend and send it to you.

[ August 08, 2001 at 07:55 AM: Message edited by: AxeSlinger84 ]

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

About 7 years ago I did all that Satch stuff with the band too. We were leaning towards being an instrumental band at the time.
    I'll see if I can find some old tapes and try and remember that tune. That was one of my favorites.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

van halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Axe you do exactly what I do , I sweep that muted part too, the rest is easy just that muted part. Cool send me it when you can I just want to see if I play it like you guys do.
    Bringing real guitar solos back to music-RIP rhoads and Srv-Rock on vai-Wylde-slash-and eddie!!!!!!!!!!<br /> "I don't like to push the envelope, Id rather chuck grenades into it!" -Ted Nugent-<br /><br /> =PASSION AND WARFARE=<br /> "That stevie vai, what a nice little boy!" -the audience is listening-

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hopefully everyone will be outta the house on saturday and I can set up and record. Well actually screw it, I'll set up using a small amp and record anyway. You make me wanna listen to that Satriani stuff right now with this post - which isn't a bad thing. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]