Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Eruption
    Last Online

07.14.10 @ 09:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Does anyone know where I can get one of these pickups for a good price? I didn't see them at Musicians Friend.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You could keep an eye on ebay, or check a number of music stores in your area for the best buy. Look for a store that does a lot of volume in parts. When I look for pickups, depending on the store I call the price can be anywhere from 72. to 135. for the same pickup. That's quite a jump. The large stores with lots of volume seem to have the best prices. You could also do what I've done a no. of times with good success. Place a want to buy ad on harmony central. That way the sellers will usually find you.
    Good luck.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

ebay always has that model and the distortion model.
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Deftones , now and forever and only second to VH.

Dave or Sammy ?.........pffffft Eddie.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dude this is such a coincidence being that i ordered a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom or SH-11 about a week ago from www.samash.com and found also that Musicians Friend doesn't carry them. I usually use the Seymour Duncan '59 but i wanted the Custom Custom for a new axe i'm building from old Kramer parts. The only problem is that samash charges $80 for the pickup itself, $6 tax and $10 for S&H. In other words, they rip you off pretty good but then again everytime i check ebay i never see anything. If you feel like spending $100 go to www.samash.com

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All Seymour Duncans are excellent pickups, high in quality.
    96. for cost, shipping and handling isn't a bad price for that pickup, as it's brand new and has Ed's name associated with it. I think the shipping price is a bit high though. You could probably find a store that already has one in stock for less.
    If you look you'll eventually find a used one for less money, depending on how long you want to wait. Rick's correct though. You will find them on ebay for less money when they pop up. Like I said above, you could find a used one on harmony central or ebay for 40-60.+ shipping but that particular one is a bit hard to find.

[ June 19, 2001 at 06:08 AM: Message edited by: tribb ]

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tribb:
    All Seymour Duncans are excellent pickups, high in quality.
    96. for cost, shipping and handling isn't a bad price for that pickup, as it's brand new and has Ed's name associated with it. I think the shipping price is a bit high though. You could probably find a store that already has one in stock for less.
    [ June 19, 2001 at 06:08 AM: Message edited by: tribb ]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Tribb i agree with everything you said but someone like me who extremely dislikes going into music stores because of the attitudes behind the counter would rather order online and pay high shipping charges despite the fact that i complained about it earlier. Also, the appetite to rip people off in a music store has gotta be worse than a used car dealership. I've been in stores and have heard 2 people ask for a price of the same EMG81 pickup and the guy gives the kid a quoted price of $130.00 and gives the older guy in his 30's a quoted price of $105.00. Those people are thieves and i know that Guitar Center, Sam Ash, and Musicians Friend are no different and ran by the same type of people but i'd much rather deal with them indirectly because it's less painful to be fucked over by way of the phone or computer.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

AxeSlinger, unfortunately you're right. There are a no. of people in music stores that will jack up prices, especially if they think you're young and inexperienced.
    It isn't always the case though and that's why I recommended to shop around. Find out through one source or another what you should be paying and then check till you find a salesperson that's up front with you. I believe if you phone Seymour Duncan they will give you the suggested retail price of a particular pickup, and you can start looking and pricing from there. A lot of pickups at stores are marked or labelled with the price tag so you can check before you ask. We don't have any Guitar Centers here in Toronto yet but I've gone over to the one in Buffalo NY and bought pickups there. They've given me pickups for less then the marked price and less than I would pay here at stores in Canada. Once you're an educated shopper and know what you should be paying it's hard to get ripped off regardless of where you do business.

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tribb:

Once you're an educated shopper and know what you should be paying it's hard to get ripped off regardless of where you do business.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen brother [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    My Band
    Baluchitherium