Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

09.08.06 @ 11:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

http://www.meanstreetguitars.com/intruder.htm Anyone have one? I'm curious about them...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Someone here knew a guy who had one and was listed on the Meanstreet web site as an endorser. It was posted about a month ago. I don't think he ever responded though...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by el_jalepeno:
    Someone here knew a guy who had one and was listed on the Meanstreet web site as an endorser. It was posted about a month ago. I don't think he ever responded though...
    as I have said, if it's been bought and he's just reselling it's probably OK, but 2 guitars
    that he has made that I have had sent to me by his customers were a joke, crooked necks, 1\2" action etc etc. Now he does offer a money back guarentee so you'll only be out shipping if you get one and don't like it.
    I have offered for him to send me one (I pay shipping) to check out I'd like to send people that come to my site looking for something cheaper over that way if those guitar are worth a dam, he hasn't responded I also sent a link to Larry site www.gearzine.com so he could contact him and ship him one, has he gotten with you Larry ??
    Rol.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

poundcake & hot for teacher
    Last Online

04.27.07 @ 07:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well......i was one of the poor sucker that was duped by meanstreet. i had bought a what appeared to be a wolfgang type clone guitar about a year ago. the neck was way off, immitation "floyd rose", [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] . and the action....don't get me started on that .

all this happened before discovering about Rols. when i did . i sent it to him , and when he finally stop laughing , he repaired the guitar to be "playable" . i lesson learned the hard way! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] so if any body read my testimony . don't waste your hard earn $$$ on meanstreet

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

09.08.06 @ 11:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hmm, yeah thats what i have heard. I have been wanting to get something similar recently and saw this again...But, I think I might hold out for one that's a little closer

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Monty-Jay:
    hmm, yeah thats what i have heard. I have been wanting to get something similar recently and saw this again...But, I think I might hold out for one that's a little closer
    He has a return policy, I'd love to see what one is like , either that or his 5150 type but better *you* try it than me [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    Rol.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by rolsguitars:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by el_jalepeno:
    as I have said, if it's been bought and he's just reselling it's probably OK, but 2 guitars
    that he has made that I have had sent to me by his customers were a joke, crooked necks, 1\2" action etc etc. Now he does offer a money back guarentee so you'll only be out shipping if you get one and don't like it.
    I have offered for him to send me one (I pay shipping) to check out I'd like to send people that come to my site looking for something cheaper over that way if those guitar are worth a dam, he hasn't responded I also sent a link to Larry site www.gearzine.com so he could contact him and ship him one, has he gotten with you Larry ??
    Rol.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Haven't heard from him. I'll e-mail him and talk to him about it.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

RUNAROUND
    Last Online

09.11.13 @ 09:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just got one of the black ones.The top is very nice but it pretty much stops there.Major major overhaul is gonna be needed on this one.I just bought it because i know i'll never see a black ernie ball in my price range.Rol if you are interested or curious let me know i'll ship it to you and you can see for yourself before i tear into it or burn it i haven't decided yet...
    Give me a bottle of anything and a jelly donut.....TO GO!!!!<br /> DLR 86'

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by GEC5150:
    I just got one of the black ones.The top is very nice but it pretty much stops there.Major major overhaul is gonna be needed on this one.I just bought it because i know i'll never see a black ernie ball in my price range.Rol if you are interested or curious let me know i'll ship it to you and you can see for yourself before i tear into it or burn it i haven't decided yet...
    I can be viewed as being partial since I build guitars and most would think I'd say anything about anyones but mine and that I'm just trying to promote my own, although that is far from the truth.
    I have already seen some pretty bad stuff from him and nothing would surprise me,
    he posted to another forum that they are setup and play just fine when one of the guys here asked him about it.

It's time for someone else to see it, send it to LarryJ he has his gear review site and he would love to review it.
    BTW what did you pay ?? and what specifically wrong with it ?

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

RUNAROUND
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First hey Rol check your email.
    When i got it you needed a set of vice grips to play a bar cord and the trem was at least half an inch off of the body with no block on it so it would sit flush.So as far as being set up and playing just fine he's full of crap.Not to mention the pickups suck beyond beleif.Ihaven't done anything to it yet so if Larry wants to check it out that's cool with me.
    As far as what i paid for it well that's open to another debate. I traded him my Korean wolfgang that was even a bigger pile of shit and he gave me a black intruder and $100 and paid for shipping.I guess the $100 will have to go for getting this thing right.In all fairness though the body and the top are very cool and the finish is very well done but it pretty well ends there.Larry if you want it before I really tear into it let me know.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah I'd be happy to review it before you dive into it. Is it still like it was when you first go it? The reason I ask is for it to be a fair review it really needs to be exactly how it came from the builder. If you've already set it up any I can't really comment on the setup because its your setup not his you know. Anyway I'll e-mail you and we can talk about it.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

RUNAROUND
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The only thing i've done so far was put the block on the floyd but i haven't even put that back together yet so I can put it back the way it came to me.The intonation will be off but then again it was way off when i got it.As far as setting it up i haven't even gotten started yet. Still working with Rol and Onrib toget the info I need to do the frett work it needs.Feel free to email me though we can work something out. GEC5150@aol.com [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yeah, that was me. my neighbors in the Music Building are Shirly Temple Of Doom, the guitar player is on that guys site. Just havent seen him in a while. But I still want to ask him about it. I'll keep ya updated

[ January 20, 2003, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: SMUDGE NYC ]
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm the one who posted earlier asking about these guitars. After hearing the feedback on this forum I decided not to waste my money and hold out for when I have more money. I guess it's another case of "you get what you pay for" or in this case it sounds like you get less...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by chief99:
    I'm the one who posted earlier asking about these guitars. After hearing the feedback on this forum I decided not to waste my money and hold out for when I have more money. I guess it's another case of "you get what you pay for" or in this case it sounds like you get less...
    Well again he has a return policy you could always get it and if you don't like it send it back, now also in fairness this is only 3 guitars that I know of from him, and yes all 3 were bad, that doesn't mean that if he sold 300 plus like he says that they are all bad, hey I like to give everyone a chance maybe this is all just coincedence ?
    I mean he has "profesionals that use Meantstreet guitars" on his page and I can't see any other bad feedback about him....I Dunno
    Rol.