Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

10.02.14 @ 06:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey wanna see something funny?
    Go check the Van Halen forums main discussion page and the "this guy has a 1984 van halen kramer thread". Everyone is salivating over this guys fake 1984 Kramer guitar that looks like it was built by Ed Roman. Wow, the dude even has a story to go with it and everything! Some people boy, I'll tell ya!!!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't get it. Why would anyone give a damn even if it was "one made for Eddie"???

A serious question....Why does anyone salivate over one of Ed's, or Claptons, or anyone's rejects?
    Why would anyone other than some nutty collector pay such big $$$ for some guitar that, guitar god or not, apparently wasn't considered good enough to be a "keeper"?

Not to mention,, I don't really think some roadie is going to end up with a guitar that Ed actually LIKED, even if it is legit...
    Roger C

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t Get This Stuff No More
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think the replicas are nice regardless of whether they're "fake" or whether Ed Roman built them. I built a replica of the Baretta in the HFT video using Kramer parts, original chrome Floyd Rose and Seymour Duncan SH-11 in which I only use live for part of our stage show when we do "ATBL" or "Jump." I think it's really cool for novelty purposes but when people "oohh and ahh" over it and make up fake stories, it gets really out of hand at that point.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by rcrimm:
    I don't get it. Why would anyone give a damn even if it was "one made for Eddie"???

A serious question....Why does anyone salivate over one of Ed's, or Claptons, or anyone's rejects?
    Why would anyone other than some nutty collector pay such big $$$ for some guitar that, guitar god or not, apparently wasn't considered good enough to be a "keeper"?

Not to mention,, I don't really think some roadie is going to end up with a guitar that Ed actually LIKED, even if it is legit...
    rcrimm, I respect you and your opinions but I think your missing the picture here, That is the entire reason for Endorsments to have or have something similar to what a famous person has.
    If people didn't salivate over an Ed guitar then it wouldn't trickle down to the endorsment level and the Wolfgang wouldn't be selling near what it does, so it's helping you, go with it
    Rol.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Very true Rols, but I didn't state my question very well, my Bad... I think you are talking about guitar MODELS. I was thinking more of individual guitars that were, allegedly or not, owned once by some famous player.

We have all seen for example, ebay listings with some Kramer or whatever that was supposedly "owned by Eddie". Just because Eddie owned it, they list it for two or three times (if not more) what it is actually worth.

So I guess I want to know...

Just how much is it worth to YOU to have Eddies "grime" on your fretboard???

And why???

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rcrimm, don't you know anything?
    I for one have one of Eddie's individual guitars, and I "know" it's one of his cause the guy on ebay said it was and they're not allowed to lie on ebay.
    It has stripes all over the place. Hell, there's so many on there you can even pull some of them off cause they're just taped on. There must be hundreds. You'd never miss one or two.
    It even has some of Ed's hair still stuck in the tuning pegs, which makes it all the more valuable.
    Probably when he was jumping up and down he whacked his head a few times and his hair got caught. At least that's my theory and after talking it over with the seller, he agreed.
    I mean, I could probably sell the hair and keep the guitar cause the hair would pay for it.
    I'm sure I could sell the hair on ebay as long as I don't stripe it.
    I might even sell a peice of tape if the price is right. Any takers?
    Unfortunately it doesn't have enough grime on the fretboard though.
    Rcrimm, do you think if I asked Ed he'd send me some grime for the fingerboard.
    How can you ask why?
    I mean, it's Ed's grime for cryin out loud.
    It can only make me a better player if I touch it.
    How can you put a price on Ed's sweat?
    And there's cigarette burns all over the headstock, only adding to it's already incredible value.
    And believe it or not, there's even a coin taped under the bridge. I think it's actually a nickel instead of a quarter, but I bet Ed was just having a bad day when he made it and was running low on change.
    Any serious player can tell you, there's nothing like cigarette burns, stripes, coins and hair stuck in the tuners to seriously drive up the value of a guitar. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Of course!!! What an idiot I have been!... [img]graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

That's actually a great idea for the custom shop! If Peavey can get $800 for inlays, just think what we could get for the genuine "Eddie Grime" model??? [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

By the way, please just call me Roger... [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Roger C

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No problem Roger. Glad I could help.
    But when Heartley jumps all over this as I know he will, make sure he knows I expect my 40% cut.
    I'd love to send you a picture of the guitar so Ed can verify it and Mr. Peavey can start production.
    Problem is, my digital camera doesn't seem to be working right. Everything's all blurry every time I snap a picture.
    I bought it on ebay and the seller assured me it's just a fingerprint on the lens, but I've been rubbing the damn thing for an hour and a half and it hasn't come off yet.
    Maybe I should switch to something besides gasoline to clean it. The seller says that's the best stuff to clean it with.
    My wife says I've been inhaling the fumes for too long but that's rediculous.
    I have noticed my senses getting sharper though.
    I can see my aunt Martha who passed away a couple of years ago.
    As soon as I get this damn camera cleaned up I'll get a picture of her.
    That'll teach the wife to call me an idiot.
    Women.
    Remember, don't forget to tell Heartly I expect my 60%.

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Tribb you're nuts, it's time to get off the coffee!

This is one thing I've never understood either. Why would anyone pay inflated prices for a guitar that someone didn't want?

The other thing I don't get is the striping madness. I can understand having one for a feature spot in a working cover band but other then that I don't get it.

I can understand wanting a Kramer, EVH MM, or a Wolf because you like the instument, but a paint job? I'd really like to know why people would want that, seriously?
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by tribb:

I'd love to send you a picture of the guitar so Ed can verify it and Mr. Peavey can start production.
    Problem is, my digital camera doesn't seem to be working right. Everything's all blurry every time I snap a picture.
    I bought it on ebay and the seller assured me it's just a fingerprint on the lens, but I've been rubbing the damn thing for an hour and a half and it hasn't come off yet.
    No problem, a crayon drawing will be fine. We won't sweat the details.

Don't sell yourself short. It was your idea, so don't settle for less than 80%. Of course if we give you that, we can probably only promise maybe 10% *actual* Eddie Grime. We'll also probably just have Ed send us some butts for the cig burns. It would cost too much, and take too much of Ed's valuable time to have him burn them himself... [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

Tell the wife to take a chill pill, and pass me some of that gasoline! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Roger C

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

10.02.14 @ 06:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Didn't Ibanez make a Jem guitar called the DNA model and it supposedly had Vai's real DNA (spit?, Blood?, semen?) attached to the back of the headstock?
    I think O.J. had a sock and glove line out like that too! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Vai put a vile of his blood in the paint used to make the swirl paint jobs on them.